Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ (344 Views)

Wentworth Miller: 'I Am Gay & I Don't Want To Play Straight Characters Anymore' / Simon Konecki Could Get Half Of Adele's £145m Fortune After Divorce / Comedienne Emmanuella Pictured Working With Walt Disney Studios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ by house10s2: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2022
A top Disney executive in charge of content has promised that at least half of the characters in its productions will be LGBTIA or minority by the end of the year, admitting that the company has a 'gay agenda'

The term LGBTQIA stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, pansexual, two-spirit, asexual, and ally.

During a staff meeting on Florida’s recent enactment of the Parental Rights in Education bill, an executive producer at Disney said she was advancing a “not-at-all-secret gay agenda” to insert queerness into children’s animation/cartoon productions.

Latoya Raveneau, executive producer for Disney Television Animation, talked about how the studio’s treatment of her progressive ideas defied her negative expectations of the company, in a video obtained by journalist Christopher Rufo.

Maybe it was that way in the past, but I guess something must have happened . . . and then like all that momentum that I felt, that sense of ‘I don’t have to be afraid to have these two characters kiss in the background.’ I was just, wherever I could, adding queerness. . . . No one would stop me, and no one was trying to stop me.”

She said that when she joined, she felt Disney would try to keep LGBTQ elements out of content for younger audiences, but she was pleasantly surprised by the company's acceptance.

“I love Disney’s content. I grew up watching all of the classics. They have been a huge informative part of my life, but at the same time, I worked at small studios most of my career, and I’d heard whispers. I’d heard things like, ‘They won’t let you show this in a Disney show.’ So I was a little sus when I started, but then my experience was bafflingly the opposite of what I had heard,” she said.

Meanwhile, the animation and live-action movie company announced that it would increase the number of gay characters in its films.

'I have heard so much from so many of my colleagues over the past few weeks in open forums, through emails and phone conversations,' Burke said. 'I feel a responsibility to speak not just for my self but also for [my kids]

Disney has added a gay kiss in its upcoming Toy Story spinoff amid the criticism. Hawthorne a character in the film Lightyear, has a relationship with another female character in the film.

Raveneau’s leaked comments came out on Tuesday, March 29, the day after Florida governor Ron DeSantis signed the Parental Rights in Education bill, dubbed the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill by critics, which prohibits the teaching of gender identity and sexual orientation to children in kindergarten through third grade.

Disney’s leadership condemned the legislation and attempted to lobby DeSantis to kill it, but he refused to change his principles..

A group of California Disney employees staged a walkout last week to protest the measure, wearing rainbow colors, holding signs with pro-LGBTQ slogans, and shouting, “Say Gay,” as they marched down the street.

source : https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/3/disney-executive-promises-that-at-least-half-of-all-characters-will-be-lgbtqia-by-end-of-2022-and-that-disney-parks-will-no-longer-address-children-as-boys-and-girls.html

Re: Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ by georjay(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2022
angry
Re: Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ by obiekunie01: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2022
make angel gabriel just come blow this him last trumpet!

because even me wey dey hardy tire, i don seriously tire self!

Re: Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ by house10s2: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2022
obiekunie01:
make angel gabriel just come blow this him last trumpet!

because even me wey dey hardy tire, i don seriously tire self!

they just wan affect children
Re: Disney Executive Promises That At Least Half Of All Characters Will Be LGBTQ by house10s2: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
georjay:
angry
embarassed

pele

(1) (Reply)

I Open Leg For You No Mean Say We Be Levels” – Tonto Dikeh Drag Ex-lover / Nigerians Claims Ghana Singer Black Sherif After Topping Naija Music Chart / SELINA TESTED Episode 24(apocalypse)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.