Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt (766 Views)

Oyelowo Fawas: “American Prostitute” Bags 12 months Imprisonment In Ilorin / Hushpuppi Faces Up To 20 Years Imprisonment In US / Internet Fraudster Bags 35-Year Jail Sentence In Ilorin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by MadamVanessa(f): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2022
justice A. T. Mohammed of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State has convicted and sentenced one Japheth Tallick Friday to two years imprisonment for impersonation contrary to section 22 (2) (b) (i) of the Cybercrimes (Prevention, Prohibition, etc.) Act, 2015 and punishable under section 22 (2) (b) (iv) of the same Act.

He was convicted upon an arraignment by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, Port Harcourt Zonal Command on one count Charge.

The lone count reads:

"That you Japheth Tallick Friday on or about the 23rd September 2021, at Port Harcourt did fraudulently impersonates Chris Dent with intent to gain advantage for yourself and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22 (2) (b) (i) of the Cybercrimes (Prevention, Prohibition, etc) Act 2015 and punishable under section 22 (2) (b) (iv) of the same Act”.

He pleaded "guilty" to the charge preferred against him.

In view of his plea, prosecution counsel, N. A. Dodo prayed the court to convict and sentence the defendant accordingly.

Justice Mohammed convicted and sentenced the defendant to two years imprisonment with an option of fine of One Million Naira (N1, 000,000.00) payable into the Consolidated Revenue Account of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The judge also ordered that a Toyota Corolla 2009 Model (RGM 05RG), 55 inch Hisense TV, HP Laptop, one Blue iPhone 12, one gold-colored iPhone, one blue hard drive and one gold chain which are proceeds of crime be forfeited to the Federal Government through the Secretary of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, or any other person (s) authorized by him in line with Section 31 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Establishment Act, 2004 and proceeds paid into the EFCC Recovery Account domiciled in Central Bank of Nigeria. Additionally, the defendant shall undertake to be of good behaviour henceforth.

Friday's journey to the Correctional Centre started when the Commission received intelligence report on the activities of some internet fraudsters around Eagle Island, Port Harcourt, Rivers.

The convict was arrested in a sting operation on the 10th of November, 2021at Elder Wobo Apara Street, Eagle Island, Port Harcourt.
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/3/internet-fraudster-bags-2-years-imprisonment-in-port-harcourt.html

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by dollynnn(f): 11:31am On Mar 30, 2022
This is the kind of news that gives me joy.
But I have a problem with the forfeiture of all the assets to the Federal Government. Assets that will still be siphoned
. angry sad

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by MadamVanessa(f): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2022
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Totilopussylick(m): 11:34am On Mar 30, 2022
What a relief angry

News like this will distract Nigerians from focusing on the killings and kidnapping business going on in the whole of northern states sad the government is minding there own business focusing on the next calamity to unleashed on Nigerians on the next election sad.
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by PlayMaker14: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2022
Where are the girlfriend's he was struggling to impress with proceeds from fraudulent internet activities??

Foolish boy.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2022
cry

My friend asking me sometime around January: guy werin make you exit game?

Heard last week he was bursted. Only God knows his fate now!

FraudNeverPays

Check my siggy! I need to sell the engine oil before I do something nasty smiley

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Boogyman557: 11:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Holly Gram cool Dis 1 don ENTER SANKO!

KIP off FROM fraud Una no go HEAR!

NOW u go JAM some BABA YAGA Dem inside SANKO!

I hope say u Carry WEED to use PAY offering bcus Dem go flog flog u WOTOWOTO inside SANKO!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by decryptofx(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
But why some people can't work legitimately
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Eryyy92: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
Jesus I kno this guy very well. He just bagged his LLB in RSU on January . One of the boys that sprayed money after graduation
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Torg77: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/3/internet-fraudster-bags-2-years-imprisonment-in-port-harcourt.html

LOL they even took his TV.. That TV is going directly to the bedroom of one of the government officials kids
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Torg77: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
dollynnn:
This is the kind of news that gives me joy.
But I have a problem with the forfeiture of all the assets to the Federal Government. Assets that will still be siphoned
. angry sad

yes true. The assets should have been given to you
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by sonofelizabeth(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Biko, reply my PM naaa cry. I'm not all bad! cool cool

I'm willing to send you my CV for you to have more details about me and my interests (which you're one of grin)

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Regards.
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by MadamVanessa(f): 9:26am On Apr 01, 2022
sonofelizabeth:

Biko, reply my PM naaa cry. I'm not all bad! cool cool

I'm willing to send you my CV for you to have more details about me and my interests (which you're one of grin)

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Regards.

The pm I received every day is just too much that i lose interest in replying them
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by MARKone(m): 10:36am On Apr 01, 2022
This country sef, the judiciary, executive and legislative are just not keen in tackling crime of any sort. I don't get it, same thing they are doing with bandits. A fraudster that had been defrauding people for long, maybe have even committed murder, is caught, tried and found guilty, sentenced to 2 years in prison and you tell him he can pay 1 million if he doesn't want to go to jail, how is this one correction. He will pay that 1mil enter back to the street and look for another "client" to recoup his money and seized properties back. He committed a crime, he should do the time and learn his lessons. When you spend a year in Nigeria prison, no be go tell you to go look for a legit job.
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by sonofelizabeth(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadamVanessa:

The pm I received every day is just too much that i lose interest in replying them

Look atcha...SIMPlifying all the boys on here like a Math professor.

I just sent another PM cos I've been schooled and you've left me with a masters in SIMPle algebra.

Biko, reply to sonofelizabeth...imma blow ya mind!!!
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Chiraq77(m): 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
Celeb Boys! grin
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by Chiraq77(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
All this Girls will come on here and be Jubilating when they Catch Gboys,But Will be selling that Ass to Them on d Low.
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags 2-years Imprisonment In Port Harcourt by LadyRosa(f): 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
I thought there's an option of payment of fine?

If I'm the guy ,I will come out and still go back to it.Who Nigerian government help? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why is every scam, is always tag on Nigerians - Nigerian King Has Sent Me 10 BTC / Don't Visit This Places At Night In Lagos⚠️⚠️⚠️ / Man Arrested After He Murdered Her Lover And Fled (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.