Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? (24011 Views)

Parents Of Todddlers, How Do You Get Privacy For Intimacy / Wife With No Privacy / Teenagers Dedicate Their Newborn Son In Delta Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by ogawisdom(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Except u will send them to private university like covenant university, u are wasting ur time invading their privacy. Teach them to take the right decisions always dts the most important

2 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by LordReed(m): 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
AMumAndMore:

https://amumandmore.com/monitor-teens-social-media-activities/

Society cannot and should not mould our kids. The onus rests upon us to guide them in the way to go.

Do you have any thoughts regarding this topic?

Let's hear them in the comment section.

Love, Laugh, Learn, Lead and Live Life to the Fullest.

Stay Fabulous

©️Viv

As far as I am concerned every child should be under supervised liberty until they become an adult. Parents should always be aware of the kinds of things their child is involved in both online and offline so as to give guidance on any knotty issue.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by wewe1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
grin grin grin
Privacy... Uhumm
As long as you are under my roof and I foot your bill, forget privacy...
I install Family Link on my daughter phone with which

I regulate the hours she spends daily on her device I know how many minutes she spend on any app.
I set bedtime (the phone automatically lock at the set time. However, she can still make and receive calls).
I can block any installed app.
I approve or deny installation of any new app, the phone send for authorisation from me any app she wants to Install. I can approve or deny
I know her location at anytime (she cannot turn location off).

The phone cannot be factory reset for any reason without my approval.

And many more.... grin grin shocked

All these, I do remotely on my phone.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by alfajohn: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:
As long as you are living under my roof, no privacy. No locked doors, no passworded phones or devices. Nothing.
Not possible to do that to a person in higher institution. Pray not to jam pikin wey strong pass you. You will be gentle by force.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Silentgroper(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:
As long as you are living under my roof, no privacy. No locked doors, no passworded phones or devices. Nothing.
Aunty for wetin? ... You're prolly setting yourself up 4 HBP and lots of emotional and mental distress.. The idea is have them close to you, you must be like their best friend at that stage... Do the above and watch them distant theirselves 4rm u.. These kids are not robot u knw..

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Silentgroper(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

Ehn, I'm the one that will input the password and give them. If they change it I must know, otherwise i seize the phone. Shikena. I did not give my parents headache so they cannot give me migraine.
I can already imagine how distant ur kids will be to you..
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Temi2468: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
jimmyolasun:
o

She doeant need to scroll the platform. Everything amd everywhere I vulgar

And you are comfortable justifying your vulgar language!

Father, please deliver us from the current sodomy in this present generation, especially where people do not see wrong in wrong.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by pocohantas(f): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

Don't mind them. We have to as wise as a serpent when handling these new age children

I saw many guys quoting you. They are angry they won’t be able to send “hey pretty angel. Tnx for acceptance” to your daughter(s).
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=Ishilove post=111503300]
Ehn, I'm the one that will input the password and give them. If they change it I must know, otherwise i seize the phone. Shikena. I did not give my parents headache so they cannot give me migraine.[/quote

By doing so you are just trying to make her go extral mines to do bad things with the phone, password or not pikin wey go bad go bad........ A lot of software's where he/she can keep bad things in the phone are on play store. just pray to God to give you God fearing children.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

By doing so you are just trying to make her go extral mines to do bad things with the phone, password or not pikin wey go bad go bad........ A lot of software's where he/she can keep bad things in the phone are on play store. just pray to God to give you God fearing children.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by jonahhh: 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
You’re. It violating anything , the world most especially Nigeria is not like before anymore so making sure they’re not up to no good is very important... replacing that iPhone to torchlight phone is the solution
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
pocohantas:

I saw many guys quoting you. They are angry they won’t be able to send “hey pretty angel. Tnx for acceptance” to your daughter(s).
LWKMD
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by GloriousGbola: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

LWKMD

Hey fine geh
Tnx for accepting my invite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNkeugaAMc

So are they real?
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by 2braithe: 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
kkins25:

".secret files"

make sure to put a dot in front of the folder. lol..

Explain using and example boss.
I no dey quick grab.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Obiebanks007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
FalseProphet1:
All these indomine children of nowadays.

During my days, what is privacy, my mum always had 4-5 canes ready in her rooms to panel beat us at the slightest misbehavior.

But I just feel it's all about communication, the best training a parent can give to a child is communication.

That way the child would feel very free to discuss any issue ranging from her boyfriend, to sex to drinking...etc and you as a parent can easily guide them towards the right path.

This I have seen.

Exactly
You talk well.

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by 2braithe: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Built2last:

same here

Till you are out of my house i make the rules and no privacy.

My daughter wrote on her door. Knock before entry.

Her mum entered without knocking. I saw her angry with her mum.

I removed the entire key. she has been begging me. I said be in the top 3 in your class and i will replace the key but no rules in my house

My house my rules. when you get your rules, i will follow it.

UK spoils children and mine wont go down that route

If na me be that daughter I go say "Daddy entered my room while I was naked and he kept staring at me"
Na me go implicate you lol grin

On a serious note,if she is up to 16 years,she deserves privacy.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Mariangeles(f): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Built2last:

same here

I removed the entire key. she has been begging me. I said be in the top 3 in your class and i will replace the key but no rules in my house

No matter what you do and how strict you are, you will not always know what your children are up to.

So, the best approach will be to give them some freedom and the privacy they deserve, so that they can trust you and let their guard down.

Children with strict parents are the most likely to be mischievous because they’re always scheming, looking for ways to manoeuvre and outsmart their parents.

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Bbbw: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oh
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Munzy14(m): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mariangeles:

No matter what you do and how strict you are, you will not always know what your children are up to.

So, the best approach will be to give them some freedom and the privacy they deserve, so that they can trust you and let their guard down.

Children with strict parents are the most likely to be mischievous because they’re always scheming, looking for ways to manoeuvre and outsmart their parents.

You are grounded with parental knowledge...You are very correct with the analysis.

Kids must outsmart..

We outsmarted our parents, the kids will do same.

Being friends with your kids is thw only way you can intrude without them noticing.

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Mariangeles(f): 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Munzy14:

You are grounded with parental knowledge...You are very correct with the analysis.

Kids must outsmart..

We outsmarted our parents, the kids will do same.

Being friends with your kids is the only way you can intrude without them noticing.

Growing up, my parents gave my siblings and I all the freedom any child could ever ask for, but we knew what boundaries not to cross, and the consequences for crossing them.
That made us more of respect our parents than fear them, and made our childhood a very happy one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by FightinDpresion(m): 2:06am On Apr 01, 2022
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it .

Once ur child is up to 16 yrs he/she deserves some privacy
stop sneaking into ur child's room or go through their stuffs. This generation are smart so having access to their phone and SM account won't solve any problem they will still outsmart u . All u can do is ask have discussions and advice them if u notice something fishy and remind them u now see them as adults
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Munzy14(m): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Growing up, my parents gave my siblings and I all the freedom any child could ever ask for, but we knew what boundaries not to cross, and the consequences for crossing them.
That made us more of respect our parents than fear them, and made our childhood a very happy one.

Exactly how it should be..

Now you know the good, the bad and ugly as well.

You equally can master your ways around them.

If they had done tight restrictions, na different case you for face now.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Patrick238: 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kaxmytex:

What am I reading?
U sound more like a person who lives with a guardian..

If u bond well with ur pikin, hin go carry hin phone come meet u and show u everything wey dey there, u no need all those reasons wey u listed above as a yardstick for u to invade his/her privacy...

All those I do this, I do that, so he/she can't tell me not to invade hin privacy, dey calm down o, e no dey end well o...

Bond well with them and pray God guide their path..

It's either you're not a parent or you grew up in home of strict parent and you're trying not to repeat the mistake of your parents.

Alongside bonding with your children, it must be associated with discipline or else you'll see the disaster you trained.

Which kind pikin go tell me say I dey invade him privacy inside my own house? I go slap craze comot for him eyes.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by GuiseppeO: 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Whether you invade their privacy or not...

The one wey dey destined to be Olosho go become Olosho and the one wey na Yahoo boy be him calling go become yahoo...destiny can only be delayed and never denied grin
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by kkins25(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Built2last:

same here

Uk doesn't spoil childresn, UK has a different culture to yours.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Cousin9999: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
Teens need enough restriction to be protected and feel protected, but enough freedom to be independent, develop discipline, and recognize healthy limits.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / My Wife Hates My Daughter From My First Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.