Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team (17906 Views)

William Troost-Ekong And Wife Expecting A Baby / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Ademola47(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
Super Eagles Vice Captain, Troost Ekong has apologized on behalf of the team.

He wrote on his Facebook page:
To all Nigerians, on behalf of the team, we want to apologize for not securing the World Cup ticket.

Despite giving it everything possible, it wasn't meant to be.

First and foremost, as Nigerians, we share your emotions and we take full responsibility as a group.

We sincerely thank the Nigerian fans for their overwhelming support, the NFF president who did everything possible to make the qualification happen and of course the Minister.

A bitter pill to swallow but believe me we will be back better and stronger!

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Rastaramsey(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Set awon motivational speaker angry angry

39 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by mymadam(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
Oga Troost, u no thank una coaching crew especially dat man called Eguavoen or wetin b dat im name sef? Abi d bobo no try ni? lipsrsealed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by festacman(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sometimes, I feel that certain things happen for a reason. Uzoho had no reason not catching that Partey's shot. Osihmen worked like mad and missed half chances he normally scores for Napoli.

With hindsight, it may have been WRITTEN that Super Eagles going to Qatar will encourage Amaju Pinnick to continue in his shenanigans. He needed to be humbled and his hubris and selfishness exposed.

So painful that Amaju Pinnick used Nigeria to advance his political interests in CAF and FIFA. As chairman of NFF, he CRIMINALLY neglected development of game of football in Nigeria and focused on Super Eagles because he used the brand as personal PR tool. You can imagine how 'superhuman' he would have been feeling within himself if Super Eagles qualified.

Well, the game is over for him. No World Cup appearance for him show off with. His failures are before him though, unfortunately, we all sharing in them.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by hekola: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
You all mad

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by PROPHETmichael: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
These set of players don't understand what it takes to wear the green
white green jersey for Nigeria. Moreover, it's not their fault; there are too many blood in the land crying for justice. A nation where everywhere is crying for justice in the land cannot prosper.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by kenzysmith: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Genort rohr anywhere u dey continue to dey laugh u deserve d laugh

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by WibusJaga: 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2022

Apologies accepted.
We were not defeated. Both matches ended in a draw. There is not much difference in quality between us and Ghana & any of the other top10 African teams.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by owaeghianye(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Ezedon(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's not his fault, but they are failure

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by dehinsow: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Not too worry bro, it is understandable

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Stevenson20: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Getart modafuckers! All of you are useless.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Shakathezulu1: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ogun kill una deir. Yeye players.

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by nairavsdollars(f): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Pay me back my money i lose to betting ooo. My chest is still paining me

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by illicit(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
I am not a football fan

Nothing concern me
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by SensualMan: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Apologies not accepted.

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Shineoneday: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Rrf
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by MrPADDY(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Not your fault, bro. The forces working against Nigerian projects are enormous. Super Eagles' failure is just a reflection. So much blood shed; so much waste of innocent lives. So much agony, so much pain. Buhari said blood will flow if he did not win 2015 election. He won twice. Instead of peace, blood is flowing.
May God deliver us from this calamity.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by merits(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
ote author=Ademola47 post=111500750]Super Eagles Vice Captain, Troost Ekong has apologized on behalf of the team.

He wrote on his Facebook page:
[i][/i][/quote]

Back and stronger, when?

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Angelfrost(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Your apology is unnecessary and downright silly!!!

Go and apologize to Buhari and his supporters!

You guys had just one job: secure qualification, and distract the suffering citizens from the failure of their leaders for at least a few months, yet y'all failed woefully to deliver!

Buhari will never forgive una Sha! grin

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by soft101: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's not your fault. I weep for my country. If only we had a president....

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Ladehni: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Go and sin no more

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Emmastan291: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Next world cup till 2026...

At least, Buhari won't be the president..

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Btruth: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Campaign after election.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Frank25: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's not your fault that nigeria as a nation is cursed....let's wait for 2026

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by nkemoma(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Idiat..

Thunder fire una...

See as una heavy and una waist thick

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by We4all: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Okay. We can only listen to you because you’re good looking but we will not accept your apologies.

Super Eagles is so messed up and couldn’t even qualify for the World Cup. During Westerhof’s reign, at least we used to make it to the second round of the tournament.

Pinnick should go already and pave way for a competent hand. That guy is as incompetent as Buhari.

Those Ajebo players like Okoye should be replaced with local squads who are thirsty for success. I know so many street footballers who can perform better than those Super Chicken. RIP, Super Chicken!

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by bfn1: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
We almost had the ticket in hands and then, we lost it. Painful.

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by pdmedic: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Kayrubu: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=Ademola47 post=111500750]Super Eagles Vice Captain, Troost Ekong has apologized on behalf of the team.
Imagine! Una stil wan come back ke.. To where?
God no go make una come back forever
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Ademola47(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Set awon motivational speaker angry angry

The apology is much needed...at least to give reassurance of their competency.

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Mindlog: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
NFF officials will be pained that they will miss the opportunity to misappropriate billions of naira all in the name of preparing for the World cup proper.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team / Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues / RB Liepzig Sack Coach Tedesco, Assistant Coaches