Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Some Social Rules That May Help You - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Social Rules That May Help You (18010 Views)

Honestly, We Overflogged Some Social Media Challenge? Slow Mo And The Silhouette / What Are Some Social Etiquette Rules Everyone Should Know And Follow? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by femshadrach(m): 1:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
grin

Nice one OP.

Also, if you invite a lady for a date, kindly pay the bills, dont expect her to share the bills with you. If you're broke just dey your dey, to impress no be by force.

E nipe
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by ultimateprof: 2:42am On Mar 31, 2022
Thank you!
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by lebete3000: 3:07am On Mar 31, 2022
Princeton92:
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend to;

2. Return money that you have borrowed even before the person that borrowed you remember or ask for it. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens and lunch boxes.

3. Never order the expensive dish on the menu when someone is giving you a lunch/dinner.

4. Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ Or why don't you buy a car? For God’s sake it isn’t your problem;

5. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. It doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl, senior or junior. You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public
6. If you take a taxi with a friend and he/she pays now, try paying next time;

7. Respect different shades of opinions. Remember what's 6 to you will appear 9 to someone facing you. Besides, second opinion is good for an alternative;

8. Never interrupt people talking. Allow them to pour it out. As they say, hear them all and filter them all;

9. If you tease someone, and they don’t seem to enjoy it, stop it and never do it again. It encourages one to do more and it shows how appreciative you're;

10. Say “thank you” when someone is helping you.

11. Praise publicly. Criticize privately;

12. There’s almost never a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will;

13. When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next;

14. If a colleague tells you they have a doctors' appointment, don’t ask what it’s for, just say "I hope you’re okay". Don’t put them in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you their personal illness. If they want you to know, they'll do so without your inquisitiveness;

15. Treat the cleaner with the same respect as the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rude you can treat someone below you but people will notice if you treat them with respect;

16. If a person is speaking directly to you, staring at your phone is rude;

17. Never give advice until you’re asked;

18. When meeting someone after a long time, unless they want to talk about it, don’t ask them their age and salary;

19. Mind your business unless anything involves you directly - just stay out of it;

20. Remove your sunglasses if you are talking to anyone in the street. It is a sign of respect. Moreso, eye contact is as important as your speech; and

21. Never talk about your riches in the midst of the poor. Similarly, don't talk about your children in the midst of the barren.

22.After reading a good message try to say "Thanks for the message".

APPRECIATION remains the easiest way of getting what you don't have....

✅A Little Gift From The Creator:

We all know that simplicity is the key to happiness…

But believe it or not, it isn’t that simple to achieve.

Here’s a simple tip: Start thinking about your mindset…

If you wish to become truly extraordinary with balance in all areas of life: physically, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, then you’re at the right place…

Reading this will show you how to develop successful habits to help you achieve mindfulness and have a laser-focus mind…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2845836692362949&id=1399290303684269

Will Smith did all these and still got his wife's tata fvcked by a taataa.

All these good boy attributes won't lead you anywhere in life...

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by bamasite2: 3:57am On Mar 31, 2022
Nice post!

Thanks op
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by shegz24(m): 4:25am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
grin

Nice one OP.

Also, if you invite a lady for a date, kindly pay the bills, dont expect her to share the bills with you. If you're broke just dey your dey, to impress no be by force.

Who pays for the date when lesbians go out?
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Brushstrokes20: 4:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Awesome tips! cool thumbs up.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Princeton92(m): 5:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Johel:

...So does that mean I am perfect? grin

Lol
Nah you ain't close to being perfect, no one is actually!
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Mohbola(f): 6:29am On Mar 31, 2022
Let me add this one, we know you love your freepods but remove them temporarily when talking to people.

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Babastrong(m): 6:37am On Mar 31, 2022
I will definitely break all these rules this week. Rules are meant for cowards. there is no good or bad, there is only circumstances.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Badonasty(m): 6:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Rules to live by
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by jyz200(m): 7:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Emma1Oj:
responsible pple don't stay out late.
Stf
What’s if you’re held up in traffic

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Frenzy01(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2022
Every normal person should apply this to their daily life/routine...

contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by emmnprince(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2022
uncleck:
I don't know why people think they can make social rules... Circumstances vary, situations vary. What walks for you may not walk for me. No two social beings are exactly identical in all ramifications. Do what suits you; what walks for you.

But there are some social rules that are universal in that they work in all situations and circumstances like numbers 2, 7 and 10.

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by emmnprince(m): 7:56am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
grin

Nice one OP.

Is your comment based on personal experience?

What if a lady initiate or do the invitation? Are you pondering what I am pondering? wink
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Johel(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2022
Princeton92:

Lol
Nah you ain't close to being perfect, no one is actually!

Yeah tho...lol
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by 6ixT8: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2022
no. 19 encapsulate most numbers there.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by edosignature(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2022
Highly educative.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by professore(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2022
Nice
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by blaquebelle: 10:00am On Mar 31, 2022
I wish my bf can understand no. 1. I've never understood why you will give someone 8 missed calls when nobody is dying. Funny thing is if I call once and you don't pick, that's it for me. He claimed that calling only once shows that I don't care enough to talk to him if not i'd have called repeatedly. The matter tire me.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Shascky33: 10:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Fantabulous
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Oluwaborisamuel: 11:28am On Mar 31, 2022
Don't tell anyone how much you buy this, because people judge between original and fake by their prices.
E. g. "Kola, how much do you buy this shoe?"
" I bought it 5k at Yaba."
The next thing you will hear is, "It is fake!"
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
I love it!
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by MARYIAN(f): 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nice one OP.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by shepherd316: 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I be marlian. We no dey obey rules grin
Then, you can die the way you are - a barbarian
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by space9880: 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
SamJed:
My issue with this is that somebody will say "That number 4, I don't like it o" or "Number 9 is so me"

And then I have to start scrolling up to see what number four and nine says.

But sha I really don't like people doing number 13 grin grin
If I scroll make I quench

Oya scroll up
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by space9880: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
SamJed:
My issue with this is that somebody will say "That number 4, I don't like it o" or "Number 9 is so me"

And then I have to start scrolling up to see what number four and nine says.

But sha I really don't like people doing number 13 grin grin

Oya scroll up
if I scroll make I quench
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by incentive: 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Well spoken

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi At The Library Of Congress In Washington D.C. - Photos / Names Of Traditional Rulers In The North / Hausa Fulani Women Are The Most Faithful Women In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.