Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,681 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This (49516 Views)

Bride's Father Administers Strict Wedding Vows To Groom On Wedding Day (Video) / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:
We have been dating for a while now. Been coming to my house and my parents knows her. Normally she visits and sleeps over and ofcourse because she is my guest ,I'll have to give her food etc.

So today I decided to be different. I told her I was hungry and if she was, ofcourse she hurried and said yes, dresses up and jumped in my lexus. I just smiled, and started the car and we drove to a restaurant.

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because, if we were married then she can't help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

The waiter wanted to take the food and add the plantation of 450, but I refused and told her to collect her payment as we were done ordering.

My so called girlfriend then got angry and decided to seat somewhere far away from me, and we didn't see each other till I was done eating, although she waited for me. To my surprise she didn't eat that food, she packaged it back in a takeaway bag, and kept it for me. I asked her why she didn't eat the food she ordered by herself which was already 1500, as we agreed, and she said she won't eat it, and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Right now, I don't want to take this relationship serious. Did I do the wrong thing by not allowing her spend the remaining money and making it 3k? Which ofcourse was the remaining money from my own food.?
Welcome to redpillz zone!
cool

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Dextre(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:
We have been dating for a while now. Been coming to my house and my parents knows her. Normally she visits and sleeps over and ofcourse because she is my guest ,I'll have to give her food etc.

So today I decided to be different. I told her I was hungry and if she was, ofcourse she hurried and said yes, dresses up and jumped in my lexus. I just smiled, and started the car and we drove to a restaurant.

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because, if we were married then she can't help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

The waiter wanted to take the food and add the plantation of 450, but I refused and told her to collect her payment as we were done ordering.

My so called girlfriend then got angry and decided to seat somewhere far away from me, and we didn't see each other till I was done eating, although she waited for me. To my surprise she didn't eat that food, she packaged it back in a takeaway bag, and kept it for me. I asked her why she didn't eat the food she ordered by herself which was already 1500, as we agreed, and she said she won't eat it, and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Right now, I don't want to take this relationship serious. Did I do the wrong thing by not allowing her spend the remaining money and making it 3k? Which ofcourse was the remaining money from my own food.?

Chai!! Lmao, which kain relationship una dey keep these days, so because she wants plantain, she automatically cannot help you safe. On top 450naira?. Nairaland been giving me daily dosages of comedy
Nigerian women sef, if nor be the laziness and entitlement mentality sha wey don kill una. Can this man take a working class lady say doctor out for a meal and say they should be doing help me safe 450naira?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Berankis: 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
I don't really like women that jump at eating in the eatries and restaurants, except once in a while. It's expensive and wasteful. It is even my own wife that discourages it in my home. Sometimes, I would want to go and she would say NO! And I would be like do you want to kill me with fufu in this house?? embarassed
I think I appreciate her a lot more now and all she has done for me.

4 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by luizpippo(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
rickleye:

In my eyes you both acted immaturely
1. You had a budget of N3000 ( You said not more than N3000) - So when the food was ordered it was less than N450 she wanted plantain. Let her have the damn plantain. !!!
2. Because she didn't get what she wanted she takes the food , doesn't eat it and in addition moves away from you ( Is she 16 ? ) I mean common.
3. You too vex and then apart from your food, you ate hers as well. So at the end you consumed 2600N all by yourself which is more than you had agreed upon.

There has to be more than binds you together than this episode if you really love her.
Talk to her that you find her behaviour childish that because the food was under the budget did not mean we should spend it all. We could have used the remaining money for something else. You will however find in relationships there are some battles you avoid to win the war. If you want to have whoopie, let her have the damn plantain because she will pay with copulation later on. Its give and take later on.

Chai.

Imagine blaming someone for consuming food bought with his hard earned money.

Food that he willingly got part of for someone else for free but she decided to reject it because she greedily wanted more than he is offering.

4 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by semanose: 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Hmmmm.

Women hustle ooo.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by hybridblood07(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Bro most girls our their are about flashing things. Only a few sensible left in our country. My GF will suggest we use the money to cook which will last us 2 days.
Visasolution048:

Thank you ooh...i was expecting somebody to say this ooh...I wonder where them dey see all these their girlfriends.

All the girls I don date if I suggest eating outside. Them nor dey gree..they will rather prepare food at home with that money.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by funshint(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

What sort of talk is this one, she had her 1.500 naira spent already then what is her problem with what he does with his 1.500 naira.
Undisciplined and bad parenting.
He said he was spending only 3000 for both of them. Did he tell her it was going to be shared equally (1,500 each)? The 1,500 was in his head abeg. This guy is wrong... his mind has already convicted him that he's wrong that's why he's here seeking for validation.

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by NapoleonHill: 9:16am On Mar 31, 2022
funshint:
You weren't matured about this. Since you've already gotten your test result, why still go into control mode by disallowing her from using the rest to buy her dodo? Don't play money games with a woman again, even the one that pretends to be conservative during courtship may change when you marry. You can't know a woman fully until you marry her. Just pray to God to give you plenty money. Besides can't she cook?

Even if you have plenty money, women like that will bring you down. By that time, it wouldn't be about food anymore. To remain rich, you have to have a conservative wife.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by charlesdinho7(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2022
she will not make a good wife. a lady who loves you will teach you how to save money

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by 24brains(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Peng12345:

You are even yet to see her true colour, forgive her now then after like 3 weeks pretend to be broke, be serious with it, borrrow money from here like 5 times, show her your brokenness with evidence.
Whatever result that comes out of it take it
suicide mission!! 5 times? I bet my balls(football) she won't even borrow him just once.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by brandsoncharlie: 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Why not sit her down and talk instead of all these tests.

If you want to start cutting cost. Tell her straight.

Seriously, I don't understand all these testing of a thing.

Even Jesus say do not tempt the lord your God.

Talk more of you testing another person. And you are just going to judge her by just one act?

This is no test, good parenting matters a lot.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Daxyd4realzy(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2022
Bro, you are a MAN, Odogwu na him you be! You did the best thing any right thinking man will do, don't allow yourself to be manipulated by all these females! Na their way, all of them!... Give them 1mile, they will take 10miles

TheOldGods:

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by edosignature(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2022
Be wise as the serpent brother & use you tongue to count you teeth.

You already know what to do, no need seeking for validation.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Dextre(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
charlesdinho7:
she will not make a good wife. a lady who loves you will teach you how to save money

Y’all need to stop dating broke bitches
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by DenreleDave(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Girlfriend, not wife pls... Can she tell her parents such? grin grin grin grin
STENON:
Prisoner eats just rice with meat. Same way Abba Kyari is rejecting the food in the prison cheesy . Common you can do better and have a good life rather than fighting over plantain with your wife grin
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Chynx(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
funshint:
You weren't matured about this. Since you've already gotten your test result, why still go into control mode by disallowing her from using the rest to buy her dodo? Don't play money games with a woman again, even the one that pretends to be conservative during courtship may change when you marry. You can't know a woman fully until you marry her. Just pray to God to give you plenty money. Besides can't she cook?

This is crap!
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by STENON(f): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2022
OscarJaden:
ma'ma it seems you didn't read in between lines

They agreed to spend 1500 each if truly she wanted plantain to her rice she would have reduce her spending,maybe go for a lesser food which is 1200 then used the remaining 300 for plantain

Simply
Let him free the Lady and let another reasonable Man marry her. tongue
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by RealBae: 9:21am On Mar 31, 2022
I JUST OBSERVE THAT MOST PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND ROMANCE SECTION ARE BITTER, ALWAYS SEEKING VALIDATION AND CONFUSED ABOUT RELATIONSHIP.

Most times I SMH after reading what a sensible man put up here. So you can base your judgement on continuing relationship with your partner based on silly things like this? Be ready to keep testing till you grow old.
Marriage s not for people who cannot sacrifice or who think they are doing others favour.

If you love someone, you overlook things sometimes, you play mumu sometimes, you sacrifice. Not coming here to tell us story about food you bought and your girl demand for this and that, and you ended up taking decision to start deceiving yourself in the relationship and not taking it serious.

Until you learn maturity and ability to dialogue and overlook things, don't venture into relationship /marriage
What am i even talking self. Some of you are into it to cure konji and the majority of you here giving advice do the opposite.

If you are not ready for relationship, stop wasting people's time and seeking unnecessary online validation to support your st**pidity be you man or woman.

Stop it, It's silly and immature undecided
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Olumaeme: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2022
You did very well.

If i am in your shoes, she's going home immediately she gets home.

But wehre are you staying that you are buying rice and chicken 1500?
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by ojasweb(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2022
CHoccolaTE:
So you have Lexus but to spend 3k is hard for you?

Nairaland boys and lies sef.

What is your point?
I have lexus and i have on occasions go out with my woman and spend less than 3k.

Must he be spending 25k all the time because he has Lexus?

See terrible thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by STENON(f): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2022
DenreleDave:
Girlfriend, not wife pls... Can she tell her parents such? grin grin grin grin
Yes, of course. Do you know the living standard of her Parents ? May we never be unfortunate to live a low life all because of a stingy Boyfriend not even Husband cheesygrin
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by brandsoncharlie: 9:24am On Mar 31, 2022
funshint:

He said he was spending only 3000 for both of them. Did he tell her it was going to be shared equally (1,500 each)? The 1,500 was in his head abeg. This guy is wrong... his mind has already convicted him that he's wrong that's why he's here seeking for validation.
He's not wrong he's seeking for advice on whether to continue with her with such attitude.
That's childish from that girl, so because of how much change left na, as far as her 1.500 was given to her she should relax.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Visasolution048: 9:24am On Mar 31, 2022
hybridblood07:
Bro most girls our their are about flashing things. Only a few sensible left in our country. My GF will suggest we use the money to cook which will last us 2 days.
Hmm...baba...The matter dey always surprise me whenever I read my girlfriend do this, my girlfriend do that...

Like for her to even agree to go eat for canteen..Na huge turn off...Welllll. na them know wetin dem day see for woman before them talk about dating..

I can't go close to such girls...
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheManOfTheYear: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

Men with their Yeye way of testing a lady. I don't see any wrong in what your girl did na.

I mean if you have the money, why not spend it? Life isnt that deep abeg. Nigerian men should actually calm down.

See how you made her the wicked person here because she refused to eat your 1500 food.

Reason why most of you have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue both of you can resolve, know her reason and let her know yours, instead you turned it to Russia and Ukraine war.

Just say you want a new girl and move with your wahala.
This na trash sha.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by OZ511: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2022
funshint:
Accurate �
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by EmperorTayo1864(m): 9:29am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

Men with their Yeye way of testing a lady. I don't see any wrong in what your girl did na.

I mean if you have the money, why not spend it? Life isnt that deep abeg. Nigerian men should actually calm down.

See how you made her the wicked person here because she refused to eat your 1500 food.

Reason why most of you have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue both of you can resolve, know her reason and let her know yours, instead you turned it to Russia and Ukraine war.

Dumb. This type of mentality is a curse to ladies.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Dogi1(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2022
Bro you have marvelously done the right thing.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by brandsoncharlie: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

You will never behave this way if your parents took you out for lunch na person son you go Wan open eye for.

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Anndrew(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2022
rickleye:

In my eyes you both acted immaturely
1. You had a budget of N3000 ( You said not more than N3000) - So when the food was ordered it was less than N450 she wanted plantain. Let her have the damn plantain. !!!
2. Because she didn't get what she wanted she takes the food , doesn't eat it and in addition moves away from you ( Is she 16 ? ) I mean common.
3. You too vex and then apart from your food, you ate hers as well. So at the end you consumed 2600N all by yourself which is more than you had agreed upon.

There has to be more than binds you together than this episode if you really love her.
Talk to her that you find her behaviour childish that because the food was under the budget did not mean we should spend it all. We could have used the remaining money for something else. You will however find in relationships there are some battles you avoid to win the war. If you want to have whoopie, let her have the damn plantain because she will pay with copulation later on. Its give and take later on.

One of the wise ones

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2022
Na wa oo
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by charlypoker(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2022
funshint:

What kind of talk is that? How is the guy not mature? He made the rule, and the chick agreed that they shouldn't spend more than 3k, which means both side has to spend 1.5k respectively. so why has the babe become a glutton to want more? if she was sensitive to her guys plight, she would have reduced her chicken to get dodo, and not want to spend more of the guy's money because he decided to cut cost and reduce his own food. That is bullshit. this is of many reasons guys breakup from those senseless ladies.

this is reason most senseless guys go ahead to marry the wrong woman because they want to please them and at the end of the day, they begin to suffer in the hands of the woman. Guy, dey talk well, abeg

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Visasolution048:

Hmm...baba...The matter dey always surprise me whenever I read my girlfriend do this, my girlfriend do that...

Like for her to even agree to go eat for canteen..Na huge turn off...Welllll. na them know wetin dem day see for woman before them talk about dating..

I can't go close to such girls...

Lol, so a girl agreeing with her boyfriend not even husband to eat at a canteen is a huge turn off? grin grin grin
Omo what kind of mentality is this na? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Best Hookup Apps In Nigeria / 15 Lies You’ll Hear When A Nigerian Guy Likes You / Lady Shares Photos Of Her 11 Ex-Boyfriends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.