Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud (21611 Views)

Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by kirajustice: 7:08am On Mar 31, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Some Nigerian deposit money banks lost a total of N1.77bn to fraudulent activities involving the banks’ employees and consumers in 2021.

This was contained in the 2021 financial statements of the banks. The banks include Access Bank Plc, First Monument City Bank and Wema Bank etc.

According to the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System, NIBSS, a company responsible for interbank transactions in the country, "the increase in transaction processing, speed and available channels comes with an unavoidable side effect– more vectors for fraudulent activities."

The company revealed that  fraud-related transactions cost Nigerian banks an average loss of N14bn yearly.

Financial statements reveal that WEMA incurred the biggest losses as a result of fraud within the period under review, as they lost N670.73 million. For Wema Bank, the cost of fraud rose by N27.46m, year on year, as the loss incurred in 2020 was N643.277m.

Access Bank lost N502m to fraud in 2021, third parties lost about N1.98bn. The bank revealed that it recorded a total of 17,697 cases of fraud in 2021, majorly comprising Electronic Fraud/USSD (17,911), Cash Theft/ Suppression/Pilferage/Dry posting (33), Fraudulent Transfer/Withdrawals/Reactivation of account (16), and Armed Robbery (6).

During the review period, FCMB’s losses as a result of fraud climbed from N59.03m to N89.8m.
https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-concern-for-investors-as-access-bank-fcmb-others-lose-n1-7-billion-to-fraud/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by qekng40(f): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2022
Which animal swallow am this time

Fraudsters plenty for banks this days, they give "yahoo boys" relevant info about customers.

Bank Managers own worst, their fraud is on a whole level.

I know a bank manager who gets about 10,000$ Dollar notes from CBN at (for example ) N400 per dollar and he goes to the black market and sells at N450 -N500 per dollars.

He makes cool money doing nothing

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by KingTom(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:
Which animal swallow am this time
Greedy Bank Workers, I knew a guy very good at his job I have to admit, but a chronic gambler. This fool gambled away customer's millions on ponzi schemes and bets and he never succeeded. E come be like say dem write him name put inside bottle, eventually he absconded from his third bank with the sum of 45million naira, efforts to trace him failed. He was found dangling from his ceiling fan in his village a few months later.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by GardenOfGod(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Yahoo yahoo Boys don finally catch up with you guys. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by HeadNigga: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Inside jobs. Saving using your kolo is safer than some banks eziokwu.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Bigajeff(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
From stories and experiences I've had about bank fraud the bitter truth is that insiders that work in this banks aid this fraudsters or perpetrate this frauds.

Cos I wonder sometimes this fraudsters knows the exactly end of the months when salaries will be paid, they even knows the exact amount in your accounts.

The last fraudsters that called my wife as usual when salary has been paid even knows her bvn and some info. they always called when salary has been paid. Tell me if not an insider that is giving the outsiders those info.

Anyways check dollar to naira bank rate today here: https://naijafans.com/forums/Naira-Exchange-Rate-Today/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by FalseProphet1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
I see Nigerians abandoning access bank come 2023 because of their fraudulent N50 daily deductions. I see the bank shutting down.

This I have seen.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Knows12(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-concern-for-investors-as-access-bank-fcmb-others-lose-n1-7-billion-to-fraud/
I need work pls.. hunger want kill me here. and if u no get work, pls bless me with anything, I will appreciate it.. I'm a beggar, yes I know, just forgive me..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by DrLazCommenting: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Is that why access keeps taking 50# from me daily ? Abeg o no be me scam them

11 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Algold: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
I was expecting to see CBN on the list.

Something like
Godwin Emeifiele: We can't account for all the oil revenue with CBN 2021

Buhari: Yes fa, we shall be holding emmajecy meeting with 36 governors and federal capital

5 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by WiszyFraud: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
shocked

What da fxxk??

undecided
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by MRAKBEE(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Access bank na one bank i no go ever bank with. Scam full there wella. Some of their staff sef na practicing yahoo men in black suit and long tie

29 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by wizdooarchy3(m): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
tongue
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by wizdooarchy3(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
The one PMB borrowed en don pay?

Because e be like say na that one dem lose...
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Amb1045(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Everybody feeling the heat.
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
shocked

The same bank officials doing the fraud. Mtcheeww

3 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Mrkumareze(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Thats a small amount compare to what bank steal from customers shocked

6 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Nbotee(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Na customers actually bear the losses last last.

3 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by bestman09(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
sad
Access will quickly recover any amount they lost. The N50 N50 and N100 N100 they deduct from people's money as they like is enough to cover any loss.

They are thieves. After selling their black signature ATM cards for people at exorbitant prices, the card no work again

2 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by adeniranfam(f): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is one of the reasons i stopped keeping my money in banks. I would rather leave my funds on exchange than to keep them in bank.

1 Like

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Mokason288(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Access bank is gradually turning into a comic show

Their network is terrible lately

4 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Zoglin86: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
That's too bad
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by baralatie(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
There is a big problem with access bank working culture

2 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
grin
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Latter19: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Omo

That's very huge

Heads will roll, I'm sure
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
H
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by qekng40(f): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
KingTom:

Greedy Bank Workers, I knew a guy very good at his job I have to admit, but a chronic gambler. This fool gambled away customer's millions on ponzi schemes and bets and he never succeeded. E come be like say dem write him name put inside bottle, eventually he absconded from his third bank with the sum of 45million naira, efforts to trace him failed. He was found dangling from his ceiling fan in his village a few months later.

Kai... very bad!

1 Like

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Investorozay: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
lol
people still dey keep money for naija banks
when usdt wallets stop working i will save naira
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by Ezedon(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Investor Sabinus go suffer am
Re: Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud by blaquemyc: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Access bank and wema bank, partners in fraud, thank God say i kuku no get shishi in my accounts with una

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH / Naira Falls To 230, Dollar Supply Dries Up / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.