Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:26 PM

A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ (23976 Views)

If You Don't Have This Free Money Making App, Then Your Phone Is Useless! / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer / My Frustrating Experience With ALAT By Wema Bank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 5:23am On Apr 01, 2022
GreyLaw:
By Emmanuel Uti

Ngozi Njoku, a Lagos-based trader, has accused a staff member of the Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) branch in Egbe, Lagos, of defrauding her under the guise of helping her.

Njoku also accused the bank of shielding the employee whose name she did not know.

She told FIJ that she went to the branch on March 18 to upgrade her account’s daily transfer limit. After she explained why she was there, a male staffer asked her to use the bank app.

Seeing she could not use the app, Njoku said the staffer asked for her card and pin to help her set up an account on the app. He did it successfully, and she left for her house.

“But the following morning, I woke up to four debit alert messages totalling N600,000. What I saw surprised me, as nothing of the sort had happened before. I knew it had something to do with registering the app and with the man who helped me,” she told FIJ.

“I did not use the application to do any transactions after I left the bank. He told me the app would only work after 24 hours. They transferred my money to three different people.”

Njoku said she went to the bank on March 22 to complain about what happened over the weekend, but the bank shielded the staff member from her and gave poor reasons she would not be allowed to see him.

“From all indications, they are trying to shield the staff who downloaded the app for me. He downloaded the application on my phone himself. When they sent the one-time password to my phone, he input it. He did every other security-related thing as I did not know how to operate the app,” said Njoku.

She said some police officers requested that the bank bring the staffer for questioning, but they refused. Rather, she said, GT Bank protected him with a weak excuse that the order came from their head office.

“Now, the branch has completely washed its hands off the matter. The bank turned down all my appeals to help me recover my money from the staffer. This money belongs to a group of women, and I cannot pay,” she said.

FIJ called the GT Bank customer care line, but it did not connect. An email sent to them had also not been responded to at press time.

https://fij.ng/article/a-gtb-employee-helped-bank-customer-set-up-her-app-then-stole-her-n600000/

I used to like this bank but these days I don't understand them anymore. A friend of mine was also ripped of a good amount and all they told her was to go to EFCC that her account was probably hacked.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Cutehector(m): 5:44am On Apr 01, 2022
Customer will never admit they revealed their details to fraudsters .. They will shield that part and look for innocent person to blame.

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by complexBoss12: 5:48am On Apr 01, 2022
Say ahhh!
Cutehector:
Customer will never admit they revealed their details to fraudsters .. They will shield that part and look for innocent person to blame.

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 5:55am On Apr 01, 2022
I had one related issues like that in years back, the customer assistance asked for my pin to set up some issues i had with my new card, i told her i can`t give it to her that i don`t trust her. She looked confused because when she checked my acct in her system nah only 2k be the last money i had in that account that very day.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by shamsin6300(m): 6:13am On Apr 01, 2022
I guess the woman is too soft for their likeing.
Let her release the other side of her (demon) and see them peeing on their pants.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by kingthreat(m): 6:31am On Apr 01, 2022
chai 600k for this hard times. The branch should be reported

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by OnionBandit(f): 6:41am On Apr 01, 2022
I feel for you but truth be told, you were careless.

The bank will always warn you never to reveal your code to anyone, not even their staff. Letting that "criminal" staff into the cobweb of your noise will only tarnish the image of the bank which corporate organisations don't joke with.

Take heart, dear

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 6:58am On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:

Do you work at GTBank?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 6:59am On Apr 01, 2022
shamsin6300:
I guess the woman is too soft for their likeing.
Let her release the other side of her (demon) and see them peeing on their pants.

Exactly, drag them on social media. They are hypocrites and only when they are exposed publicly do they ever do something!

35 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by shamsin6300(m): 7:02am On Apr 01, 2022
GreyLaw:

Exactly, drag them on social media. They are hypocrites and only when they are exposed publicly do they ever do something!

Aswear man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Lamasta(m): 7:25am On Apr 01, 2022
She should use legal means, GTB if this is true then it means you are supporting and abating crime by shielding the culprit

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by gulfer: 8:04am On Apr 01, 2022
Go live on Twitter for them, I wonder why Fij is calling and emailing GTB... Twitter will open their rubbish and more angry angry angry angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by matrixme(m): 8:28am On Apr 01, 2022
This happened too to someone I know here in Abuja, few months ago. He went to setup his app inside the bank and 60,000 was debited from his account the next day. He wasn't too tech savvy and that was his first time using a mobile app.
All GTB customer service staff are theives. Especially those ones in charge of their mobile app and that *737 stuff. Be wary of them!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by elonmuskbaby: 8:32am On Apr 01, 2022
grin

No difference between bank staff and yahoo boys.once they know how much you have,you have become their target.when dealing with them your spoon must be very long.they can be demonic so you need to always be at alert when dealing with them

8 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Deenillah(m): 9:43am On Apr 01, 2022
I had a similar experience sometime 2018. Though mine was with UBA

I just bought a new phone and wanted to be making transactions from my UBA bank app.

I had already installed it but due to certain information the app was requesting, which the bank alone can give to me, I couldn't use it, so i went to the nearest branch.

I met a customer service (lady) who offered to help me fix this problem.

She suggested we use Leo (UBA chat on Facebook) which at first i found awkward but as I was new to these things, i just felt I should let her do her job.

I was asked for my bank card details and even OTP and after like 15mnts, I was informed by the lady that my app is set and ready for use.

I had around N43000 as my balance and this was for my siblings WAEC AND NECO fee.

I was about leaving the bank when a thought crossed my mind that instead of going out to use an ATM which has a very long que, why not just remove the money using withdrawal's slip since am already inside the bank.

I settled for this and left a balance of N3000 in the account.

But when i got home, and after like 2hrs I saw another a debit alert from my bank.

The balance has been reduced from N3000 to N500, I guess they couldn't transfer all the money.

I went to the bank the next day to complain, even met the lady that set up this app for me and was told that I was the one who transferred the money and that there's nothing they can do about it.

I was shocked but realizing how lucky I was to have withdrew that N40000 consoled me.

I was very greatfull to God for following my instincts.

Ever since then, I vowed to never use any banking app on my phone again. Every transaction I do is through magic banking (USSD code) which I aslo activated that very day together with the mobile app.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by potbelly(m): 10:07am On Apr 01, 2022
Bros, did you read the story at all?
Cutehector:

12 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Cutehector(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
potbelly:
Bros, did you read the story at all?
oh i did.. Do you have any problem with my comment?

2 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by davillian(m): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2022
Go school even if na secondary

5 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Hector09(m): 10:44am On Apr 01, 2022
Nothing work here... everything here have k leg even church and mosque are not exempted

6 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
GTbank is not the only bank I use for my transfers and utility bill payments, but here is a screenshot showing that they charged me N530 just for SMS/stamp duty in March. I wonder if this isn't theft, or there is something else I don't understand. I have confronted them before via live chat, but no concrete reasons for such exorbitant charges.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Whois(m): 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
Gtbank got worse since they changed to GTCO. Even Gtconnet is no more efficient angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Dialpad: 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
What do you expect when a retired MD refused to retire, then set up GTCO as chairman, current MD is a figure head. The Agbaje guy is still running the bank.

Walk into any GT branch, the faces on their staff will tell you something is wrong with that bank...

Access bank recently changed to access co or something like that...

Whois:
Gtbank got worse since they changed to GTCO. Even Gtconnet is no more efficient angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by DatNaijaGuy: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Thieves everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by OGwales(m): 3:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Una no see their name? GTB Guarantee Thieving Bank.

E just too sure. One way or the other your money must develop legs.

7 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by DropsMic(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nigerians

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by eedimo(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
lol

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by MathewOG(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
ok
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
He must rot in jail.....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Gkay1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Scammer everywhere now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Exit Of Shipping Firms From Nigeria / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.