Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack (28488 Views)

Kizz Daniel To Perform At World Cup, FIFA Confirms / Davido Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Feature In World Cup Soundtrack / Nigerian Songs That Have Featured In Hollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Juoflife1(f): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
Wow. This is nice.
We're better together
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by LesbianBoy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
Wizkid and burna boy punching the wall right now grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Is obvious this theme song accredited by fifa aint necessarily about good composition..i mean ,i dont know how to put it,its not coordinated .. whatever else their interest might have been using this song and the artist ,na dem know.. theme songs like this are usually touching and inspiring,not some rati rato raba
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by WarriAproko: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
I remember 2010 world cup song. Knaan Waving flag still d best ever.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by WarriAproko: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
Even shakira own dat same year dey learn. Knaan was d best.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by wallrichy: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
You even have the time to answer this hoodlum criminal IPOB murderer. See him writing flog as frog.....I guess he's from Awgbu in Anambra State......he should stop being an hater, a sadist and imbibe the spirit of togetherness disregarding tribes or tongues.

DrChukzy:

Won't you love to have this type of frog voice that will take you to places where people with clean voices can't even enter

Frog voice that will give you everything good

1 Like

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by jeiz333: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Davido, representing USA......��������
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Kingcalls: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
iyapont:
2 grammy award winner? U dey joke boss grin

Again with awards ...so we should now say Burna is bigger than 2face and dbanj ?? No call wizkid , he was just an associate winner

5 Likes

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by ThierryJay: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dont think Davido is the first Nigerian to feature on Fifa WC theme song na. I remember Dbanj's "top of the world" was featured at WC 2010.
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Kingcalls: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
ThierryJay:
Dont think Davido is the first Nigerian to feature on Fifa WC theme song na. I remember Dbanj's "top of the world" was featured at WC 2010.

It wasn't world cup 2010... it was African cup of nations 2013

5 Likes

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Oblitz(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

It was the official SuperSport anthem for the 2013 African Nations Cup,

1 Like

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by ThierryJay: 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kingcalls:

It wasn't world cup 2010... it was African cup of nations 2013

Ok I stand corrected.
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by ThierryJay: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oblitz:

It was the official SuperSport anthem for the 2013 African Nations Cup,

Noted.
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Ekaka1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
heniford2:
The flog voice of davido taking him place's but na just flog voice nd juju undecidedsoon someone in his gang will die 4 renewal undecided
Stop hating...you won't hear any other country in the world jump on their own like y'all do in Naija...pour your frustration out on your blood sucking government by voting them out....leave a young man who is working hard to make something out of life alone...biko..jor, Dou-ala

1 Like

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
heniford2:
The flog voice of davido taking him place's but na just flog voice nd juju undecidedsoon someone in his gang will die 4 renewal undecided
if no be say I get respect for FIFA I for say may nail choke Ur left Yash.

1 Like

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
God bless Davido, the King. Naija to the world. We are proud of you.
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Connected1: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Naija to the World
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Helper1991(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
DrChukzy:
Davido becomes the first Afrobeat and The First Nigerian to be featured on the Official Soundtrack Of FIFA World Cup

The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Official Soundtrack kicks off today with the release of the single Hayya Hayya (Better Together), featuring Trinidad Cardona, Davido and Aisha, ahead of tonight’s final draw for the tournament.

With the announcement of the single and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Official Soundtrack, FIFA continues to build on the FIFA Sound strategy announced in early 2021 and to connect with audiences worldwide through the shared passions of football and music. The entertainment strategy was conceived to create innovative and meaningful connections between football fans, music enthusiasts, players, artists, and the game and songs they all love.

The combination of breakthrough US star Trinidad Cardona, Afrobeats icon Davido and Qatari sensation Aisha captures the spirit of the FIFA World Cup™ and the FIFA Sound strategy by bringing together inspiration from across the globe.

“By bringing together voices from the Americas, Africa and the Middle East, this song symbolises how music – and football – can unite the world,” said FIFA Chief Commercial Officer Kay Madati. “As part of FIFA's revamped music strategy, the multi-song soundtrack will bring passionate fans closer to the spirit of the FIFA World Cup like never before.”
Drawing on R&B and reggae influences, the song epitomises the excitement of a football festival that will light up the world later this year.

The track’s debut public performance will take place tonight in front of a worldwide audience of football fans, who will tune in from around the globe to follow the highly anticipated draw starting at 19:00 local time.

The song is the first in a selection of soundtrack singles that will hit the airwaves over the coming months, as anticipation grows in the lead-up to the start of the FIFA World Cup on 21 November 2022.

It is the first time that the tournament’s soundtrack will feature a multi-song collection, with international artists showcasing diverse musical genres that span the world, setting the tone for a truly global celebration.

FIFA’s newly launched TikTok channel @FIFAWorldCup will show special glimpses of the final draw, with the new single taking centre stage. The track’s official video will also be premiered on FIFA’s YouTube channel.

Trinidad Cardona, the Arizona-bred pop singer who burst onto the scene in 2017 with the viral hit Jennifer before enjoying global success with the follow-up single Dinero, shared his passion for the message of the song. “When I first heard the song, I was instantly put in a good mood,” he commented. “It’s a celebration, it embodies everything the FIFA World Cup stands for. People from all around the world coming together, and I just love that message.”

Davido, the first solo African artist to sell out a major concert venue in Europe in 2019, shared Trinidad’s enthusiasm for the global message of the song, remarking: “I’ve grown up all over the world. And the more I travelled, the more I realised that we are all one, one people, one world. So, when this came to me, I jumped on it. To be a part of this event that brings together the whole world, and to be a part of this song? ‘We are better together’ went right to my heart. Beautiful, man, beautiful. How could I say no?” Davido, who grew up in Nigeria, has spearheaded a worldwide Afrobeats revolution with smash hits like Fall and If, as well as with his latest album, A Better Time.

The local artist joining the track, Aisha, highlighted her personal connection: “I am blessed and honoured to exist in these exciting times, where I get to witness and be part of this huge milestone for my country, Qatar. The song’s message of togetherness and joy resonated with me as joy was present with us throughout the journey of making this song. It is a dream come true to perform for the FIFA World Cup final draw and be part of such an important song.” Aisha is one of Qatar’s most popular singers, with her talent, drive and passion having led to headlining performances around the world, including at the United Nations General Assembly in New York and at the grand opening of Doha Festival City.

Hayya Hayya (Better Together), released by Def Jam Recordings and produced by RedOne, is streaming everywhere now and you can tune in to see tonight’s draw, which will feature the first public performance of the song with some special guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyDjFVZgJoo&feature=youtu.be

Davido played the major role here. Congrats.....
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by medriano: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
heniford2:

Jealousy �
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Higgies(m): 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
The song is dope.
I love it.
DAVIDO Cheers to Greatness �

2 Likes

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by medriano: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
Brian47:
Shata Wale is crying

Lmao
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
heniford2:

You see how positive thinking people are ignoring you...this your attitude kills faster than COVID-19
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by medriano: 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
bayelsaowei:
I just don't know why i like davido..the boy is just too much..some of his songs gives me goose bumps...the boy is good..

Same here. Davido is cool.

1 Like

Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by rickyboss333: 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
Naija no make o, but NA NAIJA MAKE AM. Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by iyapont: 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kingcalls:

Again with awards ...so we should now say Burna is bigger than 2face and dbanj ?? No call wizkid , he was just an associate winner
don't worry on sunday we go choke with another grammy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by sundaygray(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by xelly: 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
heniford2:

Yan yan yan yan yan

Lazy man language.

Taule to OBO
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by Cmanforall: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
DrChukzy:
Davido becomes the first Afrobeat and The First Nigerian to be featured on the Official Soundtrack Of FIFA World Cup

The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Official Soundtrack kicks off today with the release of the single Hayya Hayya (Better Together), featuring Trinidad Cardona, Davido and Aisha, ahead of tonight’s final draw for the tournament.

With the announcement of the single and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Official Soundtrack, FIFA continues to build on the FIFA Sound strategy announced in early 2021 and to connect with audiences worldwide through the shared passions of football and music. The entertainment strategy was conceived to create innovative and meaningful connections between football fans, music enthusiasts, players, artists, and the game and songs they all love.

The combination of breakthrough US star Trinidad Cardona, Afrobeats icon Davido and Qatari sensation Aisha captures the spirit of the FIFA World Cup™ and the FIFA Sound strategy by bringing together inspiration from across the globe.

“By bringing together voices from the Americas, Africa and the Middle East, this song symbolises how music – and football – can unite the world,” said FIFA Chief Commercial Officer Kay Madati. “As part of FIFA's revamped music strategy, the multi-song soundtrack will bring passionate fans closer to the spirit of the FIFA World Cup like never before.”
Drawing on R&B and reggae influences, the song epitomises the excitement of a football festival that will light up the world later this year.

The track’s debut public performance will take place tonight in front of a worldwide audience of football fans, who will tune in from around the globe to follow the highly anticipated draw starting at 19:00 local time.

The song is the first in a selection of soundtrack singles that will hit the airwaves over the coming months, as anticipation grows in the lead-up to the start of the FIFA World Cup on 21 November 2022.

It is the first time that the tournament’s soundtrack will feature a multi-song collection, with international artists showcasing diverse musical genres that span the world, setting the tone for a truly global celebration.

FIFA’s newly launched TikTok channel @FIFAWorldCup will show special glimpses of the final draw, with the new single taking centre stage. The track’s official video will also be premiered on FIFA’s YouTube channel.

Trinidad Cardona, the Arizona-bred pop singer who burst onto the scene in 2017 with the viral hit Jennifer before enjoying global success with the follow-up single Dinero, shared his passion for the message of the song. “When I first heard the song, I was instantly put in a good mood,” he commented. “It’s a celebration, it embodies everything the FIFA World Cup stands for. People from all around the world coming together, and I just love that message.”

Davido, the first solo African artist to sell out a major concert venue in Europe in 2019, shared Trinidad’s enthusiasm for the global message of the song, remarking: “I’ve grown up all over the world. And the more I travelled, the more I realised that we are all one, one people, one world. So, when this came to me, I jumped on it. To be a part of this event that brings together the whole world, and to be a part of this song? ‘We are better together’ went right to my heart. Beautiful, man, beautiful. How could I say no?” Davido, who grew up in Nigeria, has spearheaded a worldwide Afrobeats revolution with smash hits like Fall and If, as well as with his latest album, A Better Time.

The local artist joining the track, Aisha, highlighted her personal connection: “I am blessed and honoured to exist in these exciting times, where I get to witness and be part of this huge milestone for my country, Qatar. The song’s message of togetherness and joy resonated with me as joy was present with us throughout the journey of making this song. It is a dream come true to perform for the FIFA World Cup final draw and be part of such an important song.” Aisha is one of Qatar’s most popular singers, with her talent, drive and passion having led to headlining performances around the world, including at the United Nations General Assembly in New York and at the grand opening of Doha Festival City.

Hayya Hayya (Better Together), released by Def Jam Recordings and produced by RedOne, is streaming everywhere now and you can tune in to see tonight’s draw, which will feature the first public performance of the song with some special guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyDjFVZgJoo&feature=youtu.be

Happy for him

Next will be Wizkid

Why was he addressed as Nigerian-American artist by the moderator?
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by gl2glory(f): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nbotee:

Isn't it strange that a frog is making it in life more than U who's more human? I'm sure ur generation with all their voices put together didn't make it to ur church choir
����
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by 77up(m): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
heniford2:
Tell us where your angelic voice have taken you to?

With unnecessary hate, you won't go far in life.
Re: Davido Featured On 2022 FIFA World Cup Soundtrack by edosignature(m): 6:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
Saw the video on Al-Jazeera today can't help but to love & appreciate DAVIDo for his energy & putting Nigeria once more in the limelight.

All hail the king.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Timaya – Kom Kom (ft. Patoranking & King Perryy) / Olamide - Lagos Nawa / Moje Dodo (audio) / Plus-Sized Woman Twerking To Olamide 'Wo' In Public (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.