Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? (27162 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by King44(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
For men; cheating may be a means to play around with other women with no evil intended or a means to escape reality

For women; if the same play out, the man is one inch closer to his grave

For men, it's a reason

For women, it's not a reason

I am not being biased. Go out there and ask.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Ajiboye592(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy I laughed see if u try it with someone lik me u are a gonner cool cool cool
Jennyclay:
But men have every right to cheat abi? because men are Polygamous in nature abi? Bull crap. See if you cheat on me, I will cheat on you too.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by peacettw: 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
No as long as the other party understands that the same consideration should be given when he or she derails.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
greatiyk4u:
This is referencing legally married persons not two fornicators deceiving themselves with the non Afrjcan word "fiancee"......You are either married or single QED

What Is Infidelity?
Infidelity, or cheating, is the act of being unfaithful to a spouse or other partner. It typically means engaging in sexual or romantic relations with a person other than one's significant partner, breaking a commitment or promise in the act.

If u have ever been the victim of infidelity, the first question you probably asked was, "why?" The consequences of infidelity are numerous, and it is only natural to want to know why your partner chose to cheat, even if knowing why doesn't bring you any relief. There could be any number of reasons, and there are many types of infidelity and cheating that could shed a little light on those reasons.

Not every act of infidelity is premeditated and driven by dissatisfaction with a current relationship…Maybe they were drinking or in some other way thrown into an opportunity they didn't anticipate.

Infidelity is not enough reason to leave a legal Marriage since it is a situation that can be amended.
A man can cheat and still love his wife and kids dearly and can die for them, but bro the moment a woman starts fucking another dick, all her feelings for you the husband is out of the window!!! its not any fault of em its just how theyre made. Oga if your wife begin chop prick outside, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by vince96w2(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
But men have every right to cheat abi? because men are Polygamous in nature abi? Bull crap. See if you cheat on me, I will cheat on you too.
oya come let's cheat grin
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Hustlerlomo(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2022
Jennyclay But men have every right to cheat abi? because men are Polygamous in nature abi? Bull crap. See if you cheat on me, I will cheat on you too.

Go ask ur mama if she never catch ur papa dey cheat before and she still dey the marriage ... Lol this one no go tay inside marriage ooo. If he cheat on you, you will cheat on him too, las las na u go loose jennyclay.. Happy Sunday .
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Jennyclay(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ajiboye592:
cheesy cheesy cheesy I laughed see if u try it with someone lik me u are a gonner cool cool cool
Which gonner? Highest we'll divorce. Or do you want to raise your filthy hands on me?

I will just sue you for domestic violence, and you will be jailed, whether you're my boyfriend or husband. You dare don't raise your filthy hands on me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Ajiboye592(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
Which gonner? Highest we'll divorce. Or do you want to raise your filthy hands on me?

I will just sue you for domestic violence, and you will be jailed, whether you're my boyfriend or husband. You dare don't raise your filthy hands on me.
smiley smiley just let go of that mentality before it's too late madam. Except u are not in Nigeria shaaa
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by richie240: 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
na ur opinion be dt.

According to Jesus (in matthew 19), Infidelity is d ONLY reason for divorce. That's how grievous your creator views it!

You can choose His word or stick to ur 'logic'
cool
greatiyk4u:
Infidelity is not enough reason to leave a legal Marriage since it is a situation that can be amended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by desoul2004(m): 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ladies are not saying anything here. Why?
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by davillian(m): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hmmm it depends
There are people that can forgive when such happens....
But me o
I doubt if things can remain the same after such thing happens...,.
What I don't like I don't do it......
So if my woman cheats on me it would leave me heart broken
And things can never be thesame btw us for a very long time
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2022
ziondaughter247:
See this one!

@poster, yes it is! Before one useless man gives you disease..It is biblical to separate on the grounds of adultery!
African men only know sex, nothing else is in their skull! They cannot produce anything... only sex...mtcheww!
That is indeed a good point to make. God who is said to have divorce, makes an exception where cheating is concerned, even going as far as to sanction remarriage only in that instance to show that what woman do.... staying behind with cheating spouses is not infact God's desire at all. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
Fahdiga:
Our forefathers married more than one wife and have many concubines
Sure, they did and now we realize that our mothers were lied to.... they too can marry more husbands in those cases as well.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by kevwemike: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
quote author=Jennyclay post=111577511] But men have every right to cheat abi? because men are Polygamous in nature abi? Bull crap. See if you cheat on me, I will cheat on you too. [/quote] go cheat and let see the end result. U dey show urself lol
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
Lexusgs430:
The only amendment, is allowing the other cheat too .......... wink
Women also have a poly side to them. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
Boss13:
Here goes the sayings of a masculine woman. Avoid this one. Let her be. She will learn from experience.
You think say na "masculine" women dey have more men at a time?. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
WealthyChidi:
.You no feat!
Look around you... even your sons are already in panic that they will eventually be cheated on by the one they fall for. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2022
King44:
For men; cheating may be a means to play around with other women with no evil intended or a means to escape reality

For women; if the same play out, the man is one inch closer to his grave
For men, it's a reason
For women, it's not a reason
I am not being biased. Go out there and ask.
Stop rambling.... women cheat for the same reasons that men cheat, which is to satisfy that desire in them. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ajiboye592:
A goner how so? If you decide you have right to express your polygamous nature, she also has a right to express hers. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
makavell7:
A man can cheat and still love his wife and kids dearly and can die for them, but bro the moment a woman starts fucking another dick, all her feelings for you the husband is out of the window!!! its not any fault of em its just how theyre made. Oga if your wife begin chop prick outside, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OH!!!
There is no truth to any of what you claim here. undecided

Women can engage many men in marriage providing dem capable of "loving" more than one man too. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Akramblitz(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
princefrank76:
in that context, a man has an edge over a woman. The day a woman start paying a man's bride price she'll will have every right to practice her polyandria. U can't stay under my roof and practice such. Na ya papa house u go stay practice that one.

Comrade be calming down na grin grin grin
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Awesometouch1: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Gatekeepers: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Yes! If it is a premeditated and continuous act, that never involves any form of sincere repentance then divorce is okay. But if it's an act that happens once, which leads to Godly sorrow and confession, then reconciliation is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Rere1990: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hhssh

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by 198800Mam(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
FROM THE MOMENT YOU CHEAT IN MARRIAGE... THE MARRIAGE IS NO LONGER LEGAL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Graxie(f): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
Weak men, dishing out what they can't take. Women don be pro for cheating, the real polygamist. Una dey learn work.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by APOSTLECHUMA: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
BIBLICALLY A MAN CAN'T DIVORCE HIS WIFE BASED ON ADULTERY BUT CAN DO SO ON THE BASIS OF FORNICATION. GOD'S PLAN IS THAT WE MARRY OUR WIVES AS VIRGINS AND IF BEFORE MARRIAGE A WOMAN CONFESSES TO BEING ONE AND AFTER MARRIAGE HER HUS DISCOVERS THAT IT WASNT SO, HE HAS EVERY BIBLE RIGHT TO PUT HER AWAY AND MARRY ANOTHER AS THE MARRIAGE WAS BASED ON DECEIT. THAT WAS WHY CHRIST SAID EXCEPT FOR THE CAUSE OF FORNICATION. A MARRIED WOMAN DOESNT COMMIT FORNICATION BUT ADULTERY AND THE FORNICATION HERE WAS BEFORE MARRIAGE. IF THE PERSON WAS TRUELY A VIRGIN AND IT WAS PROVEN AFTER WEDDING AND IF FOR ANY REASON SHE BREAKS HER MARITAL VOW (COMMITS ADULTERY), HER HUS HAS NO BIBLE GROUND TO PUT HER AWAY BUT WILL RATHER FORGIVE HER. CHRIST PREACHED REPENTANCE 70 BY 7 TIMES IN A DAY BEFORE PREACHING MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE IN MATTHEW 19. IT WAS A HARD TEACHING FOR THEM TO ACCEPT AND THEIR REPLY WAS THAT IF THAT BE SO, IT WAS NOT GOOD FOR A MAN TO MARRY. FOR ALL THE SINS WE COMMIT DAILY AGAINST GOD, HE KEEPS SHOWING US MERCY, ALLOWING US ENOUGH TIME TO REPENT. IF WE CANT SHOW SUCH LOVE TO OUR WIVES BY FORGIVING THEM, HOW DO WE EXPECT GOD TO FORGIVE US. TO DIVORCE A WOMAN DUE TO ADULTERY, MEANS TO SEND HER SOUL TO HELL AS SHE MIGHT FROM THERE SLIP FULLY INTO THE WORLD AND BE LOST AND THAT WILL BE AS A RESULT OF ONE'S HARDNESS OF HEART. ONE WOMEN'S SIDE, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DIVORCE A MAN BUT THATS NOT A LICENCE THAT MEN SHOULD LIVE WRONG. THE BINDING FORCE IN MARRIAGE IS LOVE, ONCE THERE IS TRUE LOVE, NOTHING WILL STAND BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR PARTNER. IN THE EVENT OF ANYTHING ON EITHER SIDE, THE APPROACH IS SIMPLY TO FORGIVE AND GO ON, MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR KIDS. 07054142412
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
198800Mam:
FROM THE MOMENT YOU CHEAT IN MARRIAGE... THE MARRIAGE IS NO LONGER LEGAL
Precisely! undecided

Many folks fail grasp this aspect of the whole in their attempts at normalizing cheating by men in marriage.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
BIBLICALLY A MAN CAN'T DIVORCE HIS WIFE BASED ON ADULTERY BUT CAN DO SO ON THE BASIS OF FORNICATION. GOD'S PLAN IS THAT WE MARRY OUR WIVES AS VIRGINS AND IF BEFORE MARRIAGE A WOMAN CONFESSES TO BEING ONE AND AFTER MARRIAGE HER HUS DISCOVERS THAT IT WASNT SO, HE HAS EVERY BIBLE RIGHT TO PUT HER AWAY AND MARRY ANOTHER. THAT WAS WHY CHRIST SAID EXCEPT FOR THE CAUSE OF FORNICATION. A MARRIED WOMAN DOESNT COMMIT FORNICATION BUT ADULTERY AND THE FORNICATION HERE WAS BEFORE MARRIAGE.
Please stop with the rambling abeg! undecided

Fornication refers to the having of sexual intercourse with anyone you are yourself not married to. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Stop rambling.... women cheat for the same reasons that men cheat, which is to satisfy that desire in them. undecided

Men and women are different and play by different rules wen it comes to sex and relationships

Men are as faithful as their options

Men don't cheat, they just exercise their sexual options
Women however cheat

Men and women show loyalty differently

Men view sex like taking a piss,sex is just physical for men
Women view sex emotionally, they are emotionally attached wen it comes to sex

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Fahdiga:
Not applicable to women but a man can dump any woman that cheated on him. African men doesn't cheat. It is our God given right

Lol, no wonder a lot of married women end up giving you men someone else’s children as your own.
Continue with this same mentality, it is you men that will end up getting hurt as always!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by BlueAir: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
After reading all the comments from the first to the last by men. I have to say and admit that Nairaland is full of madd and deranged people

That angel that brought me to naija,we mustn't meet when I die

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card / Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.