Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,829 members, 7,798,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? (27122 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Dytiem: 1:09am On Apr 04, 2022
[quB
Connected1:

I understand you are a woman and it's evident

You talk too much.

All the same, Nigerian/African Women aren't restricted from going to other countries/continents to live.

So I don't understand these rants of yours, the society isn't a bed of roses, If I should list the stigma men face in this country you will just keep quiet.

I don't have time for that and I don't have time to explain to you that everything can't go the way you want it.

ote author=RediculousFavfables1 post=111559735]OP....
Even if I see my spouse "just kissing" another man, we're done, there's no two ways about that undecided...

If you're gonna be with me, you will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING sexual to do with other men, if you do, you're out undecided...[/quote]
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:55am On Apr 04, 2022
nedekid:

Then it's likely you will have a failed marriage, so do not bother the venture.
On the other hand, ladies like you might even be the most tolerant when faced with actual reality.
Nobody says cheating in a marriage is right, but fact is it is more palatable if it is heard a man did it compared to a woman. Unfair as it may seem, that is the reality.
The reason for that we have all been conditioned to believing that. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by bepositive11: 4:33am On Apr 04, 2022
This is one of the reasons why women are becoming feminists. This is one of the reasons why women are becoming independent

See, that woman who is ok with you sleeping around doesn't give a damn about you. She doesn't love you neither does she care about you. She's just using you like you're using her

No woman in this world who truly loves her man can stand seeing him with another woman

You don't understand the level of impact cheating has on a woman who loves her man. It's a serious form of disrespect. It erodes her self esteem and self confidence. It destroys her

Most Africans don't understand the concept of mutual love and respect. You people just keep using and disrespecting each other

It's only a man with strong self control and self discipline who can remain faithful to one woman. They are rare. And in return, they attract women with strong self control and self discipline. And they are also rare

Fahdiga:
Not applicable to women but a man can dump any woman that cheated on him. African men doesn't cheat. It is our God given right

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by bepositive11: 4:34am On Apr 04, 2022
This is one of the reasons why women are becoming feminists. This is one of the reasons why women are becoming independent

See, that woman who is ok with you sleeping around doesn't give a damn about you. She doesn't love you neither does she care about you. She's just using you like you're using her

No woman in this world who truly loves her man can stand seeing him with another woman

You don't understand the level of impact cheating has on a woman who loves her man. It's a serious form of disrespect. It erodes her self esteem and self confidence. It destroys her

Most Africans don't understand the concept of mutual love and respect. You people just keep using and disrespecting each other

It's only a man with strong self control and self discipline who can remain faithful to one woman. They are rare. And in return, they attract women with strong self control and self discipline. And they are also rare

Lalami3232:
For men, I would say YES.
For women, I would say NO.
Before una go chop my head, make I analyze somethings. When it comes to man and woman eeh, the ball game dey different. Cry all you want, men are polygamous in nature. Right from Bible to our ancestors time, no be crime to marry more than one woman. That's why you go see a man wey get 3 babies with different women, and nobody go talk anything. But immediately a woman born just one or two, she don turn second hand material and almost abandoned project.
Same way a man no fit marry empty handed, he must work hard for money first. While a woman only needs toto and makeup before she's qualified for marriage. So both get advantages and disadvantages. Once again, if a man cheat, society no too dey frown about am like women.

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by space9880: 8:28am On Apr 04, 2022
Well as for me I’ll never tolerate cheating. The day I find out we are ending that marriage

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by alphaNomega: 8:36am On Apr 04, 2022
Fahdiga:
Not applicable to women but a man can dump any woman that cheated on him. African men doesn't cheat. It is our God given right
Why is it not applicable to women? I'm curious.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by alphaNomega: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
Before una go chop my head, make I analyze somethings. When it comes to man and woman eeh, the ball game dey different. Cry all you want, men are polygamous in nature. Right from Bible to our ancestors time, no be crime to marry more than one woman. That's why you go see a man wey get 3 babies with different women, and nobody go talk anything. But immediately a woman born just one or two, she don turn second hand material and almost abandoned project.
Same way a man no fit marry empty handed, he must work hard for money first. While a woman only needs toto and makeup before she's qualified for marriage. So both get advantages and disadvantages. Once again, if a man cheat, society no too dey frown about am like women.

There are women with children from different men. These women have money. Are you saying if any of her husbands cheat, it is not enough reason for her to divorce him?
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by alphaNomega: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2022
okoroemeka:
it is the white men that cheat,we Africans traditionally are given the rights to many wife's and equal number of cocubines, mistresses and sidechicks,we are not white men that is why divorce is high in white man land,if my wife makes me angry I will go to chiamaka or ngozi place to cool off and restore my sanity,saving the marriage.
If you study the history of your so-called white man, you will realise that many of them are polygamous. As societies evolve, cultures do the same.

If your forefathers were Marrying many wives and having numerous children, it was for reasons applicable at the time. Today, things are different. When was the last time you went to hunt for food in the bush?
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by alphaNomega: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2022
YOU SEE EH, WITH THE COMMENTS I'M SEEING HERE. MY SYMPATHY FOR PEOPLE GOING THROUGH DIVORCE IN THE COURTS HAVE GREATLY REDUCED.

WHAT NONSENSE SAYING A MAN CAN CHEAT AND IT IS OKAY BUT THE WOMAN SHOULD NOT?

YOU WILL LEARN THINGS THE HARD WAY ONE BY ONE.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by emekachief: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2022
For your information MEN DON'T CHEAT, all men are entitled to more than one wife or kitten. I will dump my wife the day she THINK OF CHEATING. Real men don't accept cheating woman back. Thank you
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by emekachief: 9:00am On Apr 04, 2022
What if I give you a befitting burial?. In my community dead is the only accepted punishment for promiscuous wife.
Jennyclay:
Which gonner? Highest we'll divorce. Or do you want to raise your filthy hands on me?

I will just sue you for domestic violence, and you will be jailed, whether you're my boyfriend or husband. You dare don't raise your filthy hands on me.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by MrSly(m): 9:45am On Apr 04, 2022
Jennyclay:
But men have every right to cheat abi? because men are Polygamous in nature abi? Bull crap. See if you cheat on me, I will cheat on you too.
I know female cheats by sight no matter how you pretend. Cheat and leave with no entitlements. Not even a kid will leave with you.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Youngqueen(f): 10:02am On Apr 04, 2022
HIV awaits. Keep cheating and justifying it. Lousy boys

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2022
BigBashiru:

Only men are allowed to hv multiple partners.... any woman who cheats must be sent packing and she has to go live with those partners and leave my house.....

@iyaebe any comment??
Any small thing multiple partners, don’t dish out what you can’t take

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Crazybunny: 11:31am On Apr 04, 2022
In the few years I have spent on earth, i have come to the conclusion that mean only cheat on broke and stupid women or wealthy and stupid women. See ehn as a woman, if you are stupid, a man will use you to play ball. When a man meets you i your established place and realises that its only his dick he can offer you, he will rethink his attitude towards you. IT IS NOT WRIITEN IN THE BIBLE THAT A MAN MUST ONLY SLEEP WITH ONE WOMAN, IT IS ALSO NOT WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE THAT A WOMAN SHOULD ONLY SLEEP WITH ONE MAN. IT IS NOT EVEN WRITEEN IN ANY CONSTITUTION. Why would you intentionally hurt someone you claim you love all in the name of 'its a mans world' Are you daft or sick in the head. All the men condoning this rubbish have a rethink when they travel to western nations. Why cant they practise this same 'its our birthright' when abroad? What is good for the goose, is BETTER for the gander. Cheating is wrong on both sexes. Men know it is wrong that is why they wont allow women do it. A WOMAN CAN ALSO SLEEP WITH A MAN WITHOUT FEELINGS. A WOMAN ALSO GETS Hot. A WOMAN ALSO HAVE HIGH LIBIDO. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND WOMAN IS JUST DICK AND VAGINA, I REPEAT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS SEXUAL ORGAN. A WOMAN CAN ALSO DO WHATEVER THE Bleep SHE LIKES. The same way there are many younger and fresher pussies in the sea is the same way there are younger and fresher dicks in the sea. You people should start learning to call a spade a spade abeg and stop hiding the truth in favour of one gender. DO NOT SERVE SOMEONE WHAT YOU CANNOT EAT. DO NOT DO TO SOMEONE ELSE WHAT YOU WILL NOT CONDONE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
emekachief:
What if I give you a befitting burial?. In my community dead is the only accepted punishment for promiscuous wife.
And fortunately, the law gives murders such as yourself a befitting death penalty still. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
emekachief:
For your information MEN DON'T CHEAT, all men are entitled to more than one wife or kitten. I will dump my wife the day she THINK OF CHEATING. Real men don't accept cheating woman back. Thank you
This entitlement you claim, having you realized by now that it is born of a mental delusion this since women can and do also cheat? undecided

Your traditions are delusions subscribed to by the majority at a given point in time. Over time, a new majority arises and a new delusion adopted. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2022
BigBashiru:

Men's sexual agency perishes too.... it just only lasts SLIGHTLY longer. Which girl wants to sleep with buhari His sexual agency don finish.....

Yes it does but the beauty about is that sex is a woman's duty and females power agency and primary agency is their sexuality. Females are born with their value, they are sex objects.

Males however must create their own value. Male sexuality isn't his power or primary agency. Men are success objects

Therefore men's value lasts longer especially if they put in the work but women's value becomes useless after the age of 30+
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:18pm On Apr 04, 2022

So according to you, a woman in her 40s who is single and childless is Miserable?

No wonder…

Shes useless to society and evolution especially NATURE
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
alphaNomega:
There are women with children from different men. These women have money. Are you saying if any of her husbands cheat, it is not enough reason for her to divorce him?

EXCEPTIONS DONT MAKE THE RULE OR NORM

HOW MANY FEMALES ARE FINANCIALLY SUCCESSFUL?

MOST FEMALES ARE AVERAGE OR POOR

FEMALES ARE NOT BUILT TO LEAD AND PROVISION FOR MALES LONG TERM

MEN AND WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Abaniwealth(f): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Savedday:
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them..
including your sisters and daughters...

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Poleski: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
Cheating is very bad, no matter what your sick reason is. When you cheat, you cheat away your present relationship. 

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by alphaNomega: 2:52am On Apr 05, 2022
DEMZEE:

EXCEPTIONS DONT MAKE THE RULE OR NORM

HOW MANY FEMALES ARE FINANCIALLY SUCCESSFUL?

MOST FEMALES ARE AVERAGE OR POOR

FEMALES ARE NOT BUILT TO LEAD AND PROVISION FOR MALES LONG TERM

MEN AND WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT

You have not met enough women. You posted this solely because you cannot stand the fact that a woman can have the liberty to birth multiple children from different men and decide which of the men she wants out of her sexual life when she can afford it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 3:00am On Apr 05, 2022
alphaNomega:
You have not met enough women. You posted this solely because you cannot stand the fact that a woman can have the liberty to birth multiple children from different men and decide which of the men she wants out of her sexual life when she can afford it.
That poster seems dead-set on convincing his mental that he has women all figured out even when it is apparent his delusions don't apply to a majority of women beyond his tiny delusion. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by K1famous: 5:56am On Apr 05, 2022
As the saying goes, " men fall for what they see, while women fall for what they hear". The interpretation of this statement is that, men often times only cheat with face, while women cheat with heart
Women are more committed in a relationship, all things be equal, they never envisage on cheating first, but anything that make women cheat it means they have stop loving there spouse. Some don't mind going extra mile by killing the spouse to make way for there new lover.
But, men can have sex with a lady, yet the lady may hold no significant in his heart. He has just slept with packaging he saw at that particular time and that is the end of it.
Above all let, every one strive to be faithful with what they have.whatever that good for just, is good for gender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
alphaNomega:

EXCEPTIONS DONT MAKE THE RULE

WOMEN WHO DO SUCH ARE HOES AND GOLDDIGGERS AND MOST TIMES THEY ARE POOR, BROKE OR AVERAGE

MEN LEAD
WOMEN FOLLOW
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
That poster seems dead-set on convincing his mental that he has women all figured out even when it is apparent his delusions don't apply to a majority of women beyond his tiny delusion. undecided

Exceptions don't make the rule!!!

Majority of women can't love two males at the same time

Most women can't serve two masters

Women prefer fvcking and being in a relationship with only one dude

Women are not built to sport fvck like men
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by alphaNomega: 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
DEMZEE:

EXCEPTIONS DONT MAKE THE RULE

WOMEN WHO DO SUCH ARE HOES AND GOLDDIGGERS AND MOST TIMES THEY ARE POOR, BROKE OR AVERAGE

MEN LEAD
WOMEN FOLLOW
At this point you don't know what you're saying. I should leave you here, bye.

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Diza46(f): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lalami3232:

just passing by
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by efficiencie(m): 9:13am On Apr 06, 2022
greatiyk4u:
This is referencing legally married persons not two fornicators deceiving themselves with the non Afrjcan word "fiancee"......You are either married or single QED

What Is Infidelity?
Infidelity, or cheating, is the act of being unfaithful to a spouse or other partner. It typically means engaging in sexual or romantic relations with a person other than one's significant partner, breaking a commitment or promise in the act.

If u have ever been the victim of infidelity, the first question you probably asked was, "why?" The consequences of infidelity are numerous, and it is only natural to want to know why your partner chose to cheat, even if knowing why doesn't bring you any relief. There could be any number of reasons, and there are many types of infidelity and cheating that could shed a little light on those reasons.

Not every act of infidelity is premeditated and driven by dissatisfaction with a current relationship…Maybe they were drinking or in some other way thrown into an opportunity they didn't anticipate.

Infidelity is not enough reason to leave a legal Marriage since it is a situation that can be amended.

Solid nonsense stuff right here. You first started with some virtue signalling and ended the post as a hypocrite. See you calling those have started having sex before they got married "fornicators" but you are here providing a justification for infidelity in the name of being "thrown into an opportunity they didn't anticipate" . You cannot be moral and immoral at the same time pick one side and stay there.

Opportunities do not just happen to people as you suggest rather people practically court themselves into the temptation that ultimately leads to infidelity. You said: "Maybe they were drinking" but you didn't ask why on earth you would be in a compromising location having an alcoholic drink with someone that is not your spouse? If you want a drink, go home and have your drink there so that when you feel like misbehaving you can misbehave with your wife. You said "...since it is a situation that can be amended" without asking how infidelity can be amended. If your wife was "mistakenly" fvcked for hours by 10incher she cannot be unfvcked by mistake. She will spend the rest of her life remembering that "sweet mistake" and start hoping, wishing and praying to make to another "mistake". What if that "mistake" leads to a pregnancy? Would "amending it" mean asking her to do an abortion? An abortion that could claim her life? Dude some deeds cannot be undone and somethings cannot be mended. This is why infidelity in the Judeo-worldview attracts the death penalty because only death can resolve the imbalance generated by infidelity. So guy, if you are thinking of making the "mistake" I talked about or falling into the "opportunity" you talked about, then think again, because if your wife catches you she will be justified if she dumps your sorry ass, gets a divorce and keeps of the children.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Braga90(m): 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Palema007:
I don't know what part of the world you are but I think I should update you since you have been on hibernate.

Dragons have gone extinct
Two stones are no longer used to make fire
We now build houses with bricks.

The world evolved.
Was there even a dragon in existence to begin with? Secondly what's evolving? Human sexual behavior? Or what? You're really something
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by cayorday89(m): 3:14am On Apr 07, 2022
Fahdiga:
So the women you all cheat with will be imported from heaven and after your cheating with them they will be sent back to heaven? Just a question, because lastlast all men can cheat no mean say some women are specially assigned to be cheated with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) / Divorced Woman In Court For Refusing To Leave Ex-husband’s House / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.