Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,041 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President (42312 Views)

P OBI FANS RAINING CORSE ON HIM FOR BEING TOO WEAK TO CHALLENGE TINUBU / Buhari, Oshiomhole Too Weak, Tinubu Can't Solve APC Crisis - Shehu Dani / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by God1000(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Tinubu Too Weak, He Should Leave Presidential Ambition For Younger, Healthier Nigerians – Nollywood Veteran, Pete Edochie

Nollywood veteran actor, Pete Edochie on Friday said one of the All Progressives Congress aspirants, Bola Tinubu, is too old and too weak to run for president in 2023.
Tinubu, a former Lagos governor, is also the national leader of the party.

However, the actor noted that Tinubu has been in power for a long time until he was made the leader of the APC.

The actor made this known during an interview with BBC Igbo, on Friday, stressing that Tinubu should leave the position for those who are younger and healthier.

The Nollywood star who highlighted his concerns about the political marginalisation of Igbos, said Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba are the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, noting that only once in the history of Nigeria has it emerged that an Igbo person became the head of state in Nigeria.

Edochie who described Igbo people as resilient posited that the solution to Nigeria’s socio-economic and political crises is an Igbo leader, stressing that Nigeria needs their ingenuity and sound leadership.

“Many people like Tinubu are too old and too weak to run for president. He (Tinubu) has been in power for a long time until he was made the leader of the APC.

“But he should leave the position for those who are younger and healthier. Let’s be honest.

“Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba are the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Only once in the history of Nigeria has it emerged that an Igbo person became the head of state in Nigeria.

“That was (former military head of state) Aguiyi Ironsi during the military government, and his headship was short-lived. Since then, the North and the Yoruba have been sharing power between themselves; apart from Goodluck Jonathan, who isn’t even Igbo.

“Why has power not returned to the Igbo people? Is there a plot by the political elites to sideline the South-East? I’ve lived in the North. I speak Hausa. But it’s long overdue for Nigeria to have a leader of Igbo extraction.

“The problem in Nigeria is greed. Leadership is dominated by northerners, but, 60 years after independence, we’ve not ended the electricity problem.”

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/01/tinubu-too-weak-he-should-leave-presidential-ambition-younger-healthier-nigerians-%E2%80%93

192 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by EcoLaw: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
This one loud. In the spirit of one Nigeria let the right person be at the helm of affairs.

358 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by LegendHero(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Peter Edochie is a foolish man, we all know that before.

This same man supported Atiku in 2019 when it’s obvious Atiku is also old and over 70 then. I can bet it that like Obi Pandora, this same man will still support Atiku if he gets PDP ticket in 2023. Is Atiku a young man?

The same man who can't advise his son from resigning from his job to support a 70+ year old Atiku presidency in 2019 that now suddenly remember he has a brain in 2023 to advise Nigerians against voting 70 years old candidate is nothing but a FOOLISH man.

Meth addict old man.

Update!!!
I can see lot of Meth addicts quoting me for being disrespectful and abusing an elder like Edochie. These are the same set of guys that come online daily to abuse Asiwaju without considering he is also an elder. So much hypocrisy.

The above is why I am reiterating again that "Pete Edochie is a compound fool!"

480 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by simpleseyi: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
Chief Pete is not wrong. Tinubu is old, not necessarily in age, but his health has deteriorated. But, Tinubu's knowledge, capacity and sagacity are not in doubt. He is Africa's most prolific technopolitician. Also, he is the only one showing seriousness. Others just declare their fake intentions and run back to their hut.

He is the only one that have been travelling the length and breadth of Northern and Western Nigeria gathering support and mobilizing opinion, group, and interest leaders. Others do not seem to understand what is at stake. Shall we then beg unserious people to come and lead us? That's impossible nah. We will only vote for someone that has shown interest and seriousness. Even the so called other contestants are all talking about Tinubu.

488 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Morenikeji090(m): 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lol who know this one for Nigeria.. abeg go sleep jare.... Mumu too go dey talk about Tinubu

252 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by IbrahimTharwa: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
LegendHero:

This same man supported Atiku in 2019 when it’s obvious Atiku is also old and over 70 then. I can bet it that like Obi Pandora, this same man will still support Atiku if he gets PDP ticket in 2023. Is Atiku a young man?

Meth addict old men.

Bring out a single proof he supported Atiku?
Just one.

375 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by seunmsg(m): 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
Another foolish talk from the usual suspect. How can an old man vomit this kind of senseless talk? Must every Igbo person have an opinion on Yoruba political leaders? Why do these Igbo folks hate the Yoruba people so much?

We are in a democracy and everyone has a right to aspire to whatever position they desire under the law. Atiku was 72 in 2019 when the hypocritical Pete Edochie and his son supported him for president. Atiku has declared again for president at the age of 76 but Pete Edochie has no problem with him. His problem is with 70 years old Tinubu.

Joe Biden is 79, Trump left office last year at 74 and the Prime minister of India is 71. So, how’s Tinubu too old at 70 to contest for president?

Tinubu will contest for president whether anybody likes it or not. Those who want him will vote for him and those who don’t want him will vote against him. At the end of the day, majority will have their way while the hateful 5% minority will be put in their place. One thing is sure though; hateful, bigoted, old and senile fools like Pete Edochie will be put to shame again in 2023.

465 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by IduNaOba: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
Where is the lie?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by PressMyButton: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nonentities are so many from that potopoto side of the country both old and young.

393 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by LegendHero(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
IbrahimTharwa:

Bring out a single proof he supported Atiku?
Just one.

Bring out a single proof that you are a human being.

You will ask yourself that I asked a dumb question above. That’s how I thought about the question you asked me.

I hope you respectfully get the drift now bro?

380 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by God1000(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
I wholeheartedly agree with this fabled the proverbial thespian but Nigerians will soon turn it into a tribal war

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Donshegxy10(m): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Despite tinubu's old age and health condition as they claimed, no one has showed interest and workings among all the aspirants as of today.

Make una just rest, promote your young candidate in peace.

Most of this people will still campaign and vote for atiku when he eventually win the PDP primary.

Where are the young candidates he is talking about?

They are all in hiding as if masqurade dey pursue them.

380 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by sreamsense: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Peter Edochie thought he was still acting film saying rubbish about Tinubu. Is he the one to know wheather Tinubu is old, healthy, fit or unfit to contest election or Tinubu himself? Is Tinubu older than America current president when he contested? Is it not from where we borrowed democracy? If Tinubu tells you he is fit, then he is fit.

Leave Tinubu alone to contest from the party many of you called evil party, Fulani party, afonja party; he worked for it, let him eat from his labour while he still alive. You can't expect Tinubu to cook food and serve you first without tasting it. I beg don't be lazy, go and fight for Ticket under PDP you believed to have actively contributed. Don't wait for free dash of presidential ticket

249 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by DrGoodman: 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
seunmsg:
Another foolish talk from the usual suspect. How can an old man vomit this kind of senseless talk? Must every Igbo person have an opinion on Yoruba political leaders? Why do these Igbo folks hate the Yoruba people so much?

We are in a democracy and everyone has a right to aspire to whatever position they desire under the law. Atiku was 72 in 2019 when the hypocritical Pete Edochie and his son supported him for president. Atiku has declared again for president at the age of 76 but Pete Edochie has no problem with him. His problem is with 70 years old Tinubu.

Joe Biden is 79, Trump left office last year at 74 and the Prime minister of India is 71. So, how’s Tinubu too old at 70 to contest for president?

Tinubu will contest for president whether anybody likes it or not. Those who want him will vote for him and those who don’t want him will vote against him. At the end of the day, majority will have their way while the hateful 5% minority will be put in their place. One thing is sure though; hateful, bigoted, old and senile fools like Pete Edochie will be put to shame again in 2023.

Atiku wasn't peeing all over himself like a stature on a water fountain. grin

149 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by DrGoodman: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
sreamsense:
Peter Edochie thought he was still acting film saying rubbish about Tinubu. Is he the one to know wheather Tinubu is old, healthy, fit or unfit to contest election or Tinubu himself? Is Tinubu older than America current president when he contested? Is it not from where we borrowed democracy? If Tinubu tells you he is fit, then he is fit.

Leave Tinubu alone to contest from the party many of you called evil party, Fulani party, afonja party; he worked for it, let him eat from his labour while he still alive. You can't expect Tinubu to cook food and serve you first without tasting it. I beg don't be lazy, go and fight for Ticket under PDP you believed to have actively contributed. Don't wait for free dash of presidential ticket

We're not talking about health here, the talk is on those who insists Aso Rock will be a sick bay to ship off old senile men. That's the talk, so face it or leave the thread before I throw you out.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by sreamsense: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
DrGoodman:

We're not talking about health here, the talk is on those who insists Aso Rock will be a sick bay to ship off old senile men. That's the talk, so face it or leave the thread before I throw you out.
Is health the only comprehension your brain capacity can carry in that text? Please, give it to most senior educated in your family to interprete the text to you or wait till you do brain evaluation to be sure you can read and understand. It is not a crime to comment on text you don't understand, there are many other threads that use simple vocabularies you can comprehend, go there and comment

217 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Xscape1993(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
God1000:
The veteran actor Pete Edochie on Friday said one of the All Progressives Congress aspirants, Bola Tinubu, is too old and too weak to run for president in 2023.
Tinubu, a former Lagos governor, is also the national leader of the party.
However, the actor noted that Tinubu has been in power for a long time until he was made the leader of the APC.

The actor made this known during an interview with BBC Igbo, on Friday, stressing that Tinubu should leave the position for those who are younger and healthier.

The Nollywood star who highlighted his concerns about the political marginalisation of Igbos, said Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba are the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, noting that only once in the history of Nigeria has it emerged that an Igbo person became the head of state in Nigeria.

Edochie who described Igbo people as resilient posited that the solution to Nigeria’s socio-economic and political crises is an Igbo leader, stressing that Nigeria needs their ingenuity and sound leadership.

“Many people like Tinubu are too old and too weak to run for president. He (Tinubu) has been in power for a long time until he was made the leader of the APC.

“But he should leave the position for those who are younger and healthier. Let’s be honest.

“Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba are the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Only once in the history of Nigeria has it emerged that an Igbo person became the head of state in Nigeria.

“That was (former military head of state) Aguiyi Ironsi during the military government, and his headship was short-lived. Since then, the North and the Yoruba have been sharing power between themselves; apart from Goodluck Jonathan, who isn’t even Igbo.

“Why has power not returned to the Igbo people? Is there a plot by the political elites to sideline the South-East? I’ve lived in the North. I speak Hausa. But it’s long overdue for Nigeria to have a leader of Igbo extraction.

“The problem in Nigeria is greed. Leadership is dominated by northerners, but, 60 years after independence, we’ve not ended the electricity problem.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://saharareporters.com/2022/04/01/tinubu-too-weak-he-should-leave-presidential-ambition-younger-healthier-nigerians-%25E2%2580%2593&ved=2ahUKEwjG3_SZnfP2AhUQzYUKHdb_AgoQ0PADKAB6BAgEEAE&usg=AOvVaw2YwQV9CYGfQVqTtNhKGgyz

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

The home truth, but majority of blacks don't like the truth. Majority of us prefer lie to truth and darkness to light. Anybody that is supporting old creature as president deserves death sentence.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
LegendHero:

Meth addict old men.

Just imagine calling someone who is wise and old enough to be your father foolish, because of the crumbs you are eating from Tinubu table.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
We should learn how to promote our preferred candidates without bringing down or talking sh*t about other people's preferred candidates This is useless statement from Pete edochie!!!
Anyways he is just indirectly begging Tinubu to step down for Obi Pandora

230 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by November1857(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Xscape1993:
The home truth, but majority of blacks don't like the truth.
Afonja hate hearing the truth....

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Chai!! The kind fight wey this thread go generate between the two most educated tribes in the geographical expression eh?

9 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by God1000(m): 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
SilentQueen:
We should learn how to promote our preferred candidates without bringing down or talking sh*t about other people's preferred candidates This is useless statement from Pete edochie!!!
I agree with him, enough of groggy old men destroying Nigeria, it's time to chart a new course

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by God1000(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
Chai!! The kind fight wey this thread go generate between the two most educated tribes in the geographical expression eh?
Lol, our people are too tribalistic, Nigeria will never move forward with such mindset of young Nigerians

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
LegendHero:

Why is it that the first instinct of some of you is to think everything must revolve around money?

Could you be that you were raised with poverty and that always reflect in your mindset?

Talk truth, is Pete Edochie not foolish?

I was raised in an average home. But thank God I’m doing well today. Is Tinubu not too old ?
Someone that spends months in London hospital like Buhari. We need a younger person.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Tinubuadvocate: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yoruba people is their problem and they never see anything yet 5% can't stop Tinubu. The presidential election always decided by two blocs southwest and north through that winner will definitely emerge.

Yesterday Aboki a shoe coupler showed me his voter card shouting jagaban that Alhaji Suleman has directed them to vote jagaban. Here is some idiot hating on someone that God has blessed.

A useless veteran actor that make it in Yorubaland still instigating hatred against Yoruba. Imagine olu Jacob say something like this.
LegendHero:

Meth addict old men.

349 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Wazobia2216: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Glad to hear from Pete Edochie

Them say elders no go dey for market, make a new born baby head bend.

Tinubu needs to retrace his steps, even retire from active politics!

I thought he meant well when he supported not too young to run bill!

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Parachoko: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
Tinubu has a right to contest.

200 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by simpleseyi: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
November1857:
Afonja hate hearing the truth....

Afonja kee you there. Olori pelebe.

50 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Sergio101(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
if only Tinubu will hear people's Advice.

You might know how to rule Nigeria but your age has been a serious disqualification. At this age you are supposed to be ruling yourself.

He has done well in playing good politics of King making......I suggest he's better off as a good God father rather than ruining his beautiful history.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Tinubu Too Old, Too Weak To Run For President by Sergio101(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
LegendHero:

Why is it that the first instinct of some of you is to think everything must revolve around money?

Could you be that you were raised with poverty and that always reflect in your mindset?

Talk truth, is Pete Edochie not foolish?

You are the foolish one here.

Because neither Tinubu nor Pete gives a fūck about your existence

60 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Amaechi In A Queue While Boarding A Flight In Abuja.. Photos / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. / Buhari’s Ministers Divided Over Cancellation Of NIN Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.