Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:36 PM

Why Did You Leave Lagos? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Did You Leave Lagos? (23048 Views)

Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month / Just Before You Leave Nigeria / What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Mariokenny(m): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Came to Lagos early this year for a 50k job. After tax u have like 48.... left with some sort of accommodation. Cost of living where i stay is extremely high. There is no communism. You will barely receive any help from anyone so long you are a guy. My salary doesn't even last me till third week. Have tendered my resignation letter, just waiting for approval. I prefer getting my hands dirty and being able to save rather than looking like you are financially ok but in actual sense u have nothing. Yeah, I am going back to my city to do my Okada. I know how much i was making from that work before i decided to give this opportunity a shot. By the way, we work Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm. My boss isn't happy, i wish he could understand me from my own perspective. I will remain grateful to him but its time to face Nigeria's reality.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by GboyegaD(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
I love so many things about Lagos however, I can only live in a few places in Lagos.

I wanted to leave Lagos at some point and offered to be transferred without benefits however, it wasn't approved. Finally left to study and many times I wondered why growing up, the idea of running after buses that made me feel I was living the good life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by OlawaleBammie: 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
I left wen sapa held me hostage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by OlawaleBammie: 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
I left wen sapa held me hostagee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Cutehector(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lagos is overhyped. Abuja or akwaibom is best for me. I cant be living with sanely mad people.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
andyblinks05:
I arrived Lagos and I stayed in ajegunle where they use to park bikes. Then the next morning I went to eleko. I did all necessary documentation and I started work immediately. The work as a security guard was hectic and there was no time to explore other options. ( work days is mon-sun 7am-10pm with only one day off in a week and salary was 25k)
But there is food and accommodation?
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
I left because it was too noisy, too hot, over populated, traffic infested and over hyped place. Besides Yorubas don't like us so the earlier I told myself the truth, the better for me.
I love living in the SE and SS, especially the SS. It's clean, less traffic and easier to move around without much stress...

I come in peace!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I went there as Bini son in 2018

I can bet my balls that state is damnnn overrated

It looks more of a slum....
No coordination...one small state choked by wareys

But when I visited abuja in 2019....o boy I realized that lagos is shit hole.....
Abuja is damnnn organized ....and I also noticed that Edo state is actually very big....Edo north was like forever when I was going to abuja
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
TOO MUCH FVCK AND HOOKUP THERE
No be to enjoy
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by OVB123: 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

But when I visited abuja in 2019....o boy I realized that lagos is shit hole.....
Abuja is damnnn organized ....and I also noticed that Edo state is actually very big....Edo north was like forever when I was going to abuja
Iyo Osamwen! Weh yere nigeria? Men tey weh ule fua? Obokhian otemwen! Welcome ooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by NACE13: 1:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
The stressful life of Lagos was second to none. Waking up by 4am so as to beat the usual Lagos traffic. My 9-5 job on the island was killing me. I barely had time for myself, my side hustle sef died instantly. The money was averagely good for a young bachelor but no, I wasn't gonna get old before my time.
I talked to my boss, got transferred to another state.

Each block you buy when you buy a land has to be paid for again to the Omoniles. One can't buy a land with ease. If you don't touch the land for about 6-12months just consider it gone, especially if you aren't from the SW.
In summary, Lagos is not the life meant for people like me.

17 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by bluefilm: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lagos is Hell on Earth.

I dey praise all of you wey dey stay for that Hell because it is not easy at all.

Lagos my arse !

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by HunterNix(m): 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
angry

[color=#000099][/color] well, no be my fault. My dad wanted me to go to my home town (in Anambra) and stay with my uncle, learn a trade under him, and better my life (after making lose a job that would pay me no less than 35-40K) As a 16yr old me naw, after quarrel upon quarrel i agreed.
Turns out my uncle's greed for money no favour me.. (IMAGINE UR GREEDY UNCLE SAY MAKE U GO OPEN HIS STORE FOR WHERE GUNMEN JUST BLASTER PEOPLE TO DEATH) join that with the fact that his wifey hates me like dAmn + High level of insecurity of the town (if no be town vs town, ego be unknown gunmen vs cultists vs police), dah one no give me reason to JAPA Commot for that place? Abi na until they start dey lauch grenade naim i go dey come back? ABEG FREE ME JOR!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
I left because it was too noisy, too hot, over populated, traffic infested and over hyped place. Besides Yorubas don't like us so the earlier I told myself the truth, the better for me.
I love living in the SE and SS, especially the SS. It's clean, less traffic and easier to move around without much stress...

I come in peace!!!

The SS is gold, in terms of relaxation, confort, lifestyle, peace of mund, ease of living.

I'm exploring SE soon

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Pakwel(m): 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
andyblinks05:
As the topic says.... Why did you leave Lagos state when you travel there for greener pasture.

I will comment mine below

F
cos I know money can be made anywhere. Lagos no get light. No good road rain fall nah wahala. Can't move freely police area boys. All on your head .. So I move jeje

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by mmsen: 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
Bifwoli:
I thought Lagos was "the center of excellence " ??

The centre of overcrowdedness and agberos.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
andyblinks05:
As the topic says.... Why did you leave Lagos state when you travel there for greener pasture.

I will comment mine below
good question, I left when I realized lagos accommodate only grade 1 or 2 mad people and mine was grade 4 then so I lo

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by KingAzubuike(f): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Go to the island and witness organization. You can't visit agege, ijora badia, makoko coz dey use am make your judgement. Lagos State is actually the most beautiful city in West Africa.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by mmsen: 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Go to the island and witness organization. You can't visit agege, ijora badia, makoko coz dey use am make your judgement. Lagos State is actually the most beautiful city in West Africa.

It isn't, Abuja is finer.

Dakar is finer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by walexyll(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
TRAFFICCCCCCCC

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Starhearts: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
I left lagos because l beat up my landlord wife nd children
I was declared wanted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by HunterNix(m): 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
I come in peace!!!
Aswer!! Too bad my late mother's family (from SS) Never liked her husband's people (my dad is from SE). So since when she died, my dad cut off all ties with them and since then, *sniffs, in tears* I've Never stepped foot in there til date. *Shakes head in tears* RIP Mum sad

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Realist12: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lagos is capitalist , your expectations and zeal will die off if you don't go into one business asap . You can't meet up a high expectation being a salary earner . That's when you'd know the money in Lagos stays in Lagos. But that can't be said of business men.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by gonkin(m): 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
I was raised in lagos. Lagos was good during my youth years. Then the express was filled with cars on high speed till brt came and caused current traffic. Lagos was really cool. Then I left to complete my HND in delta. At first I didn't like the idea of migration, I was always boasting about lagos. When I returned during fashola 2nd tenure I spotted lots of differences. Traffic was hell, dirt all over and the air didn't seem fresh like it used to.
Its was still better then. Now e don worse. Lastma, holdup, abgero(owo da). I hate driving in lagos one day I drove from sheraton to computer Village with a flat tyre. Fear no let me part change am.
Cost of rent is another dimension. I currently live in delta, my rent is 180k for a self contain with lots of cool features (large parking space, fully fenced, water heater, mighty wardrobe and is located in a cool civilised area. Just imagine Maryland with modern houses. If its lagos for a house like that will cost around 360 to 500k.

Any time I visit lagos I always can't wait to leave cuz its a hell hole. Life is complex and expensive. I find it hard to believe its the same lagos u grw up. Person dey lag dey earn pass me but the wahala of Lagos made me look like i earn more than he does. And the traffic is worse. U can't have a flat tyre and have peace of mind. Where I am if u have a flat tyre there's always some passer by thats willing to assist but for lagos just park to receive call (owo da) boys will storm u with threats. Lagos is fuucked

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
gonkin:
I was raised in lagos. Lagos was good during my youth years. Then the express was filled with cars on high speed till brt came and caused current traffic. Lagos was really cool. Then I left to complete my HND in delta. At first I didn't like the idea of migration, I was always boasting about lagos. When I returned during fashola 2nd tenure I spotted lots of differences. Traffic was hell, dirt all over and the air didn't seem fresh like it used to.
Its was still better then. Now e don worse. Lastma, holdup, abgero(owo da). I hate driving in lagos one day I drove from sheraton to computer Village with a flat tyre. Fear no let me part change am.
Cost of rent is another dimension. I currently live in delta, my rent is 180k for a self contain with lots of cool features (large parking space, fully fenced, water heater, mighty wardrobe and is located in a cool civilised area. Just imagine Maryland with modern houses. If its lagos for a house like that will cost around 360 to 500k.

Any time I visit lagos I always can't wait to leave cuz its a hell hole. Life is complex and expensive. I find it hard to believe its the same lagos u grw up. Person dey lag dey earn pass me but the wahala of Lagos made me look like i earn more than he does. And the traffic is worse. U can't have a flat tyre and have peace of mind. Where I am if u have a flat tyre there's always some passer by thats willing to assist but for lagos just park to receive call (owo da) boys will storm u with threats. Lagos is bleeped

Delta is peace na. Its like comparing Heaven and hell when comparing Lagos and Delta

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mariokenny:
Came to Lagos early this year for a 50k job. After tax u have like 48.... left with some sort of accommodation. Cost of living where i stay is extremely high. There is no communism. You will barely receive any help from anyone so long you are a guy. My salary doesn't even last me till third week. Have tendered my resignation letter, just waiting for approval. I prefer getting my hands dirty and being able to save rather than looking like you are financially ok but in actual sense u have nothing. Yeah, I am going back to my city to do my Okada. I know how much i was making from that work before i decided to give this opportunity a shot. By the way, we work Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm. My boss isn't happy, i wish he could understand me from my own perspective. I will remain grateful to him but its time to face Nigeria's reality.
What is the Job description? So I can take your place
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by gonkin(m): 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Delta is peace na. Its like comparing Heaven and hell when comparing Lagos and Delta

Abi. The groove na bomb. When they were locking up bars in lagos during covid in delta it doesn't apply. There was only curfew
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
gonkin:

Abi. The groove na bomb. When they were locking up bars in lagos during covid in delta it doesn't apply. There was only curfew

The Groove mad o when dem hear say person na from Lagos. Na there, the groove dey begin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Idaytesj29(m): 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
mmsen:

It isn't Abuja is finer.

Dakar is finer.

Some one even said Abidjan is finer
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
HunterNix:
Aswer!! Too bad my late mother's family (from SS) Never liked her husband's people (my dad is from SE). So since when she died, my dad cut off all ties with them and since then, *sniffs, in tears* I've Never stepped foot in there til date. *Shakes head in tears* RIP Mum sad

Sorry my brother about ur late Mom. It's a lovely place. The story u hear outside is that the violence there is too much but ironically, it's very calm depending on the area u live.
Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by carl90(m): 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
I can't leave Lagos o.
I am an Igbo man that is a landlord in Lagos.
Though I shuttle to states like Imo state,PH or Abuja for short stays,business and pleasure .
grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Lagos? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
such a thoughtful personality.

Mariokenny:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Int'l Airport: FG Makes U-Turn On The Planned Commissioning / Zoo Road Underpass Flyover Kano: Construction Photos / Trailer Accident At Freedom Park, Osogbo Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.