Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

What is the most precious gift... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What is the most precious gift... (1118 Views)

Precious Moments Of 'queen Elizabeth' Tending To Her Princess Charlotte (photos) / Discover At This Season Of Christmas A Most Precious Food Better Than Rice! / 10 Most Precious Gemstones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is the most precious gift... by Adeniki(f): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
,  you can give someone to show that you care about them?

I don't mean in term of monetary value necessarily, and I don't mean just restricted to romantic relationships. If a good friend were to emigrate, what would you give them as a goodbye present? If a friend helped you through a tough time, how would you thank them? If someone really means a lot to you, how would you show it? And how would you want to be shown by someone else?
Re: What is the most precious gift... by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
Love.

Love them truly. I am not talking about just uttering the word, show it to them.
Re: What is the most precious gift... by Adeniki(f): 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
By what means would you show them?
Re: What is the most precious gift... by iice(f): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
The gift of friendship.
I agree with Rokiatu too (Just not that easy for me so i'll settle for friendship, not as hard as love but doable.)
Re: What is the most precious gift... by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2011
Adeniki:

By what means would you show them?

Do the little things that matter. Be there for them when they need you, care for them, etc etc Even a hug is a big gift. You don't need to shower someone with luxurious gifts to show them you care.

I will tell you a little story,  I always do those little things that people overlooked for my mom and she appreciate it even better. Mother day and other special accessions, my brothers and sisters go head to head. They go on an insane spending spare. Infact they kinda make it like a competition thing to see who will spend the most.

Amazingly enough, I am the one who always buy the lease expensive things, at times I don't buy her any gifts. Inturn I do things for her that I know she would appreciate. I know how to cook my mom favourite food very well. I do the smallest stuff, like cook her favourite, wash her car, etc etc. You wouldn't believe it but yes she like my gift the most.  grin grin

I was surprised to see my sister in the kitchen this past Mother day cooking our mother favourite. I was like "so she is not blowing cash this time?"  grin grin grin
Hey don't get it twisted, I do blow money on my mother, offcourse we should spend on the people we luv. But in respone to your thread, the most precious gift are those little things that we overlooked. You feel? wink
Re: What is the most precious gift... by Adeniki(f): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
I agree. cheesy I always used to cook for my mother on Mother's Day. And make a cake for her birthday.

What about friends then? I love to make my friends cakes for their birthdays, but what about the other 364 days of the year?
Re: What is the most precious gift... by Ekitiman1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
listen to their problems and help them thru it, like they helped u,

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Commit Suicide? / Update: Slained Lautech Student: Panties, Calabash Found In Boyfriend's Room / 5 Superb Questions Guaranteed To Help Youstart A Conversation With Anybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.