Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence (31671 Views)

Do You Know That This Sentence Contains All The English Alphabet? / Can Anyone Please Explain The Use Of "AN" And Not "A" In This Sentence. / Grammarians, Who Can Correctly Fill In The Spaces In These Sentences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
nextstep:

And the OP is not hustling? Precisely because jobs are scarce, it makes sense to be exact with your chosen words. People lose appointments over trivial things like grammar.

That's true sir. I concor with the above. Pls sir, try to support me, so i can fix my car. My family and i are starving
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Ekaka1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:
Request for the redesignation of my appointment to an administrative staff

Request for the redesignation of my appointment as an administrative staff

Request for the redesignation of my appointment to administrative staff

Request for the redesignation of my appointment as administrative staff

Pls which is the best to use among all these. It's meant to be the title of an official letter I want to write. I want to change from clerical staff to administrative staff.

I will appreciate your response

MODIFIED

Having listened to some grammarians here, I now have two options:

Request for Redesignation to Administrative Staff

OR

Request for Redesignation as Administrative Staff

Pls which is the most appropriate
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by updatedws: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
Request for the redesignation of my appointment from Clerical Staff to admin staff...

u need to be as explicit as possible. let the recipient know what u want from the heading.

all the examples u gave are ambiguous

1 Like

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Ademola47(m): 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

Pls which is the best to use among all these. It's meant to be the title of an official letter I want to write. I want to change from clerical staff to administrative staff.

MODIFIED

OR

English Wahala...
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by kapelvej: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

MODIFIED

OR

1.Request for the redesignation of my appointment to an administrative staff
2.Request for the redesignation of my appointment as administrative staff

The first one is correct if you want to join a team of the adminstrative staffs. Therefore the indefinite article 'an' must be introduced.
The second one is correct if you will be the only person in this position.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by abbasajao(m): 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
jibovico:
Use this:

This is most correct.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by koyyess: 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Can't get 1 kobo from this.

You didn't explain what department you are requesting to be moved from and to.

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Bluntdrey(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
This is correct:

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Bbbw: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Waterlrd: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
The title of such letter appears as" LETTER OF RE-DESIGNATION" only .The request and all other words is part of the body.

Eg: I Mr Brown Jason from the department of ..... humbly wish for redesignation as.........
based on the following reasons...................

I will be so pleased if this request is granted
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by guyct: 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
Request for redesignation from clerical staff(present position) to Administrative staff
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by southpole: 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
Is there any word as "redesignation?
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Slimwhyt(m): 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Boat of them are perfectly correct

Which boat? grin
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
the second letter is correct

request for the redesignation for my appointment as an administrative staff
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by firstratedcitiz(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Loewe:

None of the above. Below is what you should use:

Beautiful! That's exactly correct.
I was going to post exactly the same sentence.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by grammarian247(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

MODIFIED

OR

A Request for Redesignation to an Administrative Staff. When you use 'request' as a verb, it does not attract the preposition 'for' .

1 Like

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Godstiger(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
DrBrainstorm:
This:
" Oga aswear I no get joy again for this position, transfer me go Administration abeg". grin
You killed it, shop knockle..
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
What do you want?
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by nextstep(m): 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
saphiere:
The teacher who raped a 15 year old girl, was he not employed?
Yes he was.

And yet, tens of millions of Nigerians who are gainfully employed commit no crimes. If you cut down employment, those same people *will* resort to crime (either in order to eat, or just because there's nothing else to do)

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop" is not just idle talk (forgive the pun)
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by T0BY(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Both are plausible. But i will pick the First one.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by shantti(m): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Request for redesignation to the position of an administrative staff
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by PrinzAmI(m): 4:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
DrBrainstorm:
This:
" Oga aswear I no get joy again for this position, transfer me go Administration abeg". grin
���
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by chiboycue: 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

MODIFIED

OR

Redesignate means to designate again and designate means to appoint according to the dictionary.
If you are already appointed as an Administrative Staff, you do not need to request for redesignation or reappointment again as an Administrative Staff.
Rather, you can request for designation as an Administrative Staff or
You can request for appointment as an Administrative Staff

Since you were a Clerical Staff and you want to become an Administrative Staff you can request for conversion from a Clerical staff to an Administrative Staff and it should based on aquisition of degree or hnd certificate.

Before applying you would have notified your organization earlier on of your plans to further your education and your organization would have granted you the permit to further your education.

You need to notify your organization that you have completed your programme and have been awarded a certificate and the photocopy of the certificate would be attached to your application.
Then you can finally apply for conversion

Congratulations
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by DrBrainstorm(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
grin
Godstiger:
You killed it, shop knockle..
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by SoftPussy456: 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

MODIFIED

OR

None of them �
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by shantti(m): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
nextstep:
Both these forms are correct:

In the first, redesignation is a verb. I prefer it because it emphasizes change from-to
In the second, redesignation is a state of being. It doesn't really emphasize the change. It can be ambiguous: redesignate (to what?) as administrative staff.

You also won't use the form with "an administrative staff", because staff is plural. (e.g. a member of staff; a staff member; but not a staff)

Is staff not both singular and plural, in which case an can suffice when using it in a singular context.
An angry staff suddenly barged into the office muttering inaudible curses under his breath
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Nonexisting: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
You got us all confused. If you include "from" my current position then it should be redesignation to but if you don't include that, it should be redesignation as. I'm an architect, not an English graduate so I could be wrong. undecided
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by RightToReject(m): 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
Role vs Section:

1. Request for conversion to administrative staff - as a clerical staff, use this if you wish to be converted to an administrative staff.

2. Request for redesignation as administrative staff - as a clerical staff/staff in the clerical section, use this if you wish to move to the administrative section from the clerical section whether or not to a clerical role.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by JaskanFactor: 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
The correct grammer is the one that when spoken anybody will understand what you mean, so in this case all of your examples are correct.

For spiritual reasons you want to keep information that you memorise to a minimum,or example always use calculator instead of doing complex sums in your head, always write down your passwords somewhere.

Cause Spellings are Spells and Grammer was designed using the magic book of gremoir.

Unnecessary memorisation of information like grammer is spiritual illiteracy, memorising of information opens doors for bad spirits to fester in the mind.

Try not to memorise anything you cant remember easily when in danger. How many times have you seen someone speaking queens english only to descend to broken english when danger comes.

Keeping it real gives you spiritual protection, that you give away when you start faking it by memorising useless information such as grammer.

The design of english language and its spells has its origins in black magic. You can do internet research on the black magic of English Britain and origins of english language. For example you could research John Dee, the black magician of the Queen of england around 1600.

And Yes i always use spell checker.

So long as people understand what you say, there is no wrong grammer , just fake people.
And its convenient to be fake when the going is good, but when troubled times comes you will struggle to get real and you need to be real for troubled times.

Memorising information is giving your mind away, dont do it lightly. As robotics engineer i still use calculator even for simple sums like 8x8 trust me i dont know the answer, and trust me when under spiritual attack you will know why not to memorise anything you can avoid.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
I don't know the answer.
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Marketgists(f): 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
"Request" and "for" cannot go together.
Check my signature
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by WoundedLamb: 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
Grammarians.... lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oni Babajide Graduates As OAU Best Graduating Student with 4.86 CGPA / NOUN Graduates Now Eligible For NYSC & Law School / She Was Expelled After Confessing Of Using Fake O'level Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.