Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

"al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence (6413 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Beware, Scammers Now Use Nigeria Police Email Address. See How I Caught Them / Al-Qaeda Suspect Lawal Babafemi To Be Extradited To The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by tony451: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/al-qaeda-use-nigeria-hq-british-intelligence

"Al-Qaeda to use Nigeria as HQ" - British Intelligence

British Intelligence has warned the UK Prime Minister David Cameron that terrorist group Al-Qaeda is determined to make Nigeria its command and control center for plotting attacks on the West.
Article | July 4, 2011 - 6:57am | By Kayode Babalola

MI5 British Intelligence has warned the UK Prime Minister David Cameron that terrorist group Al-Qaeda is determined to make Nigeria its command and control center for plotting attacks on the West.

A report published in The Mirrorclaimed that MI5 warned that radical Islamic groups operating in Nigeria, especially the Boko Haram sect have dramatically stepped up their campaign.

Boko Haram which operates mainly around the Maiduguri area has claimed responsibility for more than a dozen bomb attacks in the country including a recent suicide explosion at the Police Force Headquarters in Abuja.

The group has killed hundreds of people since it started its jihadist campaign against the Nigerian people and government.

“There are dozens of flights every day from Lagos to London. We either help stop the terrorists here, or we will be dealing with them on the streets of Britain,” a British official told the paper.

National Security Adviser (NSA), General Andrew Azazi has deployed every machinery at his disposal to identify the sponsors of the Islamic sect with a means to crippling the radical group.

The NSA has prioritized intelligence as the key means of crushing the radical group, which has so far defied government forces.

A key figure in the security services at the weekend told us that govenrment suspects some serving and retired military personnel who are unhappy with the current political equation in the country are responsible for the violent attacks currently being executed under the trade name Boko Haram.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by tony451: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2011
Boko Haram is attracting attention from al-Qaeda? God help us all
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by naijaking1: 1:21am On Jul 05, 2011
I wonder why GEJ wouldn't level a section of the city known to habour these terrorists just like OBJ leveled Odi.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by nduchucks: 2:01am On Jul 05, 2011
naijaking1:

I wonder why GEJ wouldn't level a section of the city known to habour these terrorists just like OBJ leveled Odi.

Please note that at the heart of week's violence is dire poverty and political manoeuvring - not religion. Most of the biolence is perpetrated mainly by frustrated, unemployed youths and orchestrated by religious leaders and politicians who manipulate them to retain power.

So who/what should GEJ destroy like you claim OBJ did?
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:08am On Jul 05, 2011
I suppose al qaeda has been really impressed how these upstarts have -within a short space of time- been making headlines with their high level of wickedness and also shown they're prepared to sink to any cowardly depths to deal with the 'bloody infidels'.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by EzeUche(m): 2:09am On Jul 05, 2011
naijaking1:

Hypocrisy in Nigeria. . .

Thousands of people have been killed in the creeks of the Niger Delta, but an even greater threat from these Islamist is not being handled.

If GEJ doesn't do anything, I am sure the US will do something about it.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by aljharem3: 2:13am On Jul 05, 2011
EzeUche:

Hypocrisy in Nigeria. . .

Thousands of people have been killed in the creeks of the Niger Delta, but an even greater threat from these Islamist is not being handled.

If GEJ doesn't do anything, I am sure the US will do something about it.

this guy u sha want US to come to nigeria

the worse hit would be the south, u better believe that

we have nothing in the north they what, but the south has a lot starting from lagos to ur industuos abia to ur oil creeks

pray they don't come mumu
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by naijaking1: 2:30am On Jul 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Please note that at the heart of week's violence is dire poverty and political manoeuvring - not religion. Most of the biolence is perpetrated mainly by frustrated, unemployed youths and orchestrated by religious leaders and politicians who manipulate them to retain power.

Those were the words used to describe MEND by some people.
BTW, no need making excuses for the criminals.
Why haven't we condemned all these governors and politicians making apologies, and contributing to these peoples finances?
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by nduchucks: 2:57am On Jul 05, 2011
naijaking1:

Those were the words used to describe MEND by some people.
BTW, no need making excuses for the criminals.
Why haven't we condemned all these governors and politicians making apologies, and contributing to these peoples finances?

Indeed, those were the words used to describe MEND before they started to bomb innocent people. As far as the governors and ploiticians making apologies go, I for one cannot condemn anyone who is making apologies to save his own life. Now, if you know that some of these politcians contribute to the finances of these people, as you put it, why hasn't GEJ's government operatives arrested them yet?
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by naijaking1: 4:12am On Jul 05, 2011
Why do I miss OBJ so much at times like this
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by alex14(m): 4:51am On Jul 05, 2011
God bless al-qaeda and Boko haram undecided They are welcomed to set up shop in northern nigeria,,,,the major hub of terrorist activities in west africa.

They're are attracting the much needed attention from the international community,,,,atleast, this will make any secessionist case a slam dunk! cool
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by tony451: 5:18am On Jul 05, 2011
I really would love to hear from all the people that were supporting GEJ during the elections. Identify yourselves please. Come out and defend GEJ's handling of this crisis especially since he has been president for over a year now. If we become the new Pakistan with the US giving themselves license to bomb targets in the North we would all suffer and the blame will rest squarely on his weak indecisive shoulders. What we really need now is a strong leader to tackle the 2 most glaring problems today which are security and corruption so that we can move forward on other issues. If that doesn't happen then I think its time for every man to go his own way and this country split up so we can leave the north with their problems.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by naijaking1: 6:08am On Jul 05, 2011
^^^^
I supported GEJ and still do, because Buhari could have been worse. The northern elements are purposely causing violence, because they want to make a point; that is that GEJ is weak. GEJ may be timid, but I know he's not stupid.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by EzeUche(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2011
Anyone is better than the known Islamist Buhari.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by texazzpete(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2011
naijaking1:

^^^^
I supported GEJ and still do, because Buhari could have been worse. The northern elements are purposely causing violence, because they want to make a point; that is that GEJ is weak. GEJ may be timid, but I know he's not silly.

Boko Haram was there under Yar'Adua so this is not a GEJ thing. Also, it makes no sense to carry out violent attacks just to show that the president is 'weak'. Whether weak or strong, GEJ is the president until 2015. Nothing will change this.

Shebi people were calling Yar'Adua 'baba go-slow'. Did it change anything in the man?

Let's not complicate things unnecessarily. A radical islamic uprising in the North is inevitable. Anyone who thinks Al Qaeda would ignore the most populous black nation in the world with over 70 million muslims must be joking.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by EzeUche(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2011
texazzpete:

Boko Haram was there under Yar'Adua so this is not a GEJ thing. Also, it makes no sense to carry out violent attacks just to show that the president is 'weak'. Whether weak or strong, GEJ is the president until 2015. Nothing will change this.

Shebi people were calling Yar'Adua 'baba go-slow'. Did it change anything in the man?

Let's not complicate things unnecessarily. A radical islamic uprising in the North is inevitable. Anyone who thinks Al Qaeda would ignore the most populous black nation in the world with over 70 million muslims must be joking.

All they need is 10% of that population to cause havoc for all of Nigeria. Was it not Northern Nigeria where Osama Bin Laden is seen as a hero?

Why can't they have their own country?

Is this not what they want?
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by dapachez: 7:58am On Jul 05, 2011
Liar liar pants on fire. These brits should go and sort themselves out,carrying fake stories around,just the way sadam had weapons of mass destruction according to their same intelligence reports before joining america in invading iraq. GOD PLEASE LET THIS BOKO HARAM STOP THIS SCROGUE THAT IS GIVING NAIJA A NEGATIVE PERCEPTION WORLD WIDE AMEN
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by houvest: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2011
tony_450:

Boko Haram is attracting attention from al-Qaeda? God help us all

Attracting attention?you say? No sir. BM was fathered or has been adopted by AQ. Raise your alert level further Please.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by wegga(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2011
Well this just serves as a wake up call for our security service, It would seem democracy has made them lax, My problem is this flurry of searching that has started in abuja, frankly it's simply annoying!! Hellooooo if i know you're gonna search my boot then i'll just have to do my business another way. In my opinion our security agencies should be carrying out covert action not overt fumbles. I mean, Osama wasn't found by doing a door to door search of pakistan. He was covertly monitored and a surgical strike was carried out. The world didn't hear until the US Spec Ops boys were back home. We should def. take a leaf from them!!
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2011
I thought somalia and Darfur was their base ? shocked shocked
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by tony451: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
Even though it is my opinion that Buhari is better equiped or has the stronger will to solve the two problems I identified above, surely our choices during the election were not limited to Buhari/GEJ alone?

On the other hand, if some factions in the north are causing unrest on purpose, is it not up to GEJ as the GCON to put down and eradicate all threats to national security? Instead he is using SSS to intimidate el-Rufai because of some random comments he made about government spending, SMH
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by Myself2(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2011
Simple thing
Let the M15 set up their own command and control centre for Africa in Maiduguri,while the US sets up in Bauchi

I agree with senator Ndoma Egba when he said "One of the challenges is that there was no law under which some of the infractions could be charged, but with the promulgation of the Anti-terrorism Act, I think we now have an appropriate legal framework within which to deal with the situation that we have."

This has been the reason why every single boko haramite that has been charged to court,ended up being granted very generous bail by the judiciary,tell me how this will encourage the police to take more risks to arrest these criminals when they know the court will almost certanly grant them bail and the terrorists will now come after them
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by Nov1ce(m): 9:14am On Jul 06, 2011
Someone should better tell these Al-Qaeda guys that light no dey for Nigeria ooo before them use all their sponsorship money buy petrol (And even self the price go soon double), He he he he he he, grin
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by atasteve: 9:33am On Jul 06, 2011
May God help our leaders to act and take right steps!!!

I reserve my further comments
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by anointedf(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2011
Porous security, gullible leaders who are ready to compromise anything for money sake. Of course al-qaeda will exploit all loop holes. God have mercy on us.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by seedord247(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2011
according to my lecturer he said GEJ will be the worst and the last president nigeria will ever had
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by Vidamia(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2011
Yoruba adage says: oro agba ti o se laro, ase lojo ale, When gadaffi said that nigeria should split, Alot of peoples are abusing him most especially gruntless nairalanders, i implore government to make hay while the sun is till shining,
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by kuntash: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2011
^^^^ and when Gadaffi made that comment, you mean he also envisaged his current predicament? , quite vague!
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by emmatok(m): 10:14am On Jul 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Islamic Terrorism is not about poverty, it about spreading Islamic faith.

I tell you they will not rest until government do something.
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by seedord247(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2011
emmatok:

Islamic Terrorism is not about poverty, it about spreading Islamic faith.

I tell you they will not rest until government do something.

Islam is a religion of peace not war.

Those pple learn the negative side of islamic education
Re: "al-qaeda To Use Nigeria As Hq" - British Intelligence by mischi(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2011
The uk and the us are at it again.so we are now to be HQ for Al Queda and the next thing you know they are sending "allied troops" to liberate nigerians and the world from terrorists, but only if u are deceived and dont know they are only here to set up base to get their hands on the oil in nigeria.

why do these people(uk and us) not leave countires alone and stop engineering and twisting and turning things for their own very selfish means.I think the UK and the US are the worst terrorists ever in this world,very evil governments.look at their history and you will see the trend of conquering and taking what does not belong to them all pretending to be working in the interest of the very people they are stealing from.You dont even need to look too far into history, look at what they have done in IRAQ AND sYRIA,they have started never ending illegal wars in these countires causing more harm than good.

The ordinary people are living in daily fear ,bombs going off here and there killing and maiming families in their entirety all in the  name of liberating them.why dont they go to zimbabwe or something, but how for!, no oil there,and yet they want to live in peace in their own countries, safe and sound with their heaters on on.  ,

UK and Goverment, you better stay clear of Nigeria becos this is were u will meet ur WATERLOO.Nonesense!!!! and shame on GED or whatever you call urself for not being able to find the culprits and allowing these terror countries( uk and uk )to use this opportunity to invade you and steal from us or do you not want to chop ur oil money or shld i say loot ur oil money again?.GOD help nigeria, HE is still GOD afterall!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried / Picture: The Girl Who Is The Jamaica Minister Of Youth And Culture. / Olusegun Obasanjo Cabinet From 1999 To 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.