Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,136,339 members, 7,754,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 03 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

You Will Make PDP Fail – Ekiti PDP Hor Aspirant, Members Slam Fayose Over Attemp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Will Make PDP Fail – Ekiti PDP Hor Aspirant, Members Slam Fayose Over Attemp (198 Views)

Wike: If Zoning Presidency To North Will Make PDP Win In 2023, I Support It / Deji Adeyanju Blames PDP And Fayose Over The Loss Of Ekiti Election / John Bray Visits Fayose Over Ekiti Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Will Make PDP Fail – Ekiti PDP Hor Aspirant, Members Slam Fayose Over Attemp by Incoming288: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
You will make PDP Fail – Ekiti PDP HoR Aspirant, Members Slam Fayose Over Attempts To Impose Candidate on Party

Members of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti South federal constituency comprising Ikere, Ise, Orun and Ekiti South have condemned attempts by former Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose to impose former lawmaker, Hon Segun Adekola as the Party’s candidate for the House of Representatives ahead of Engr Henrich Akomolafe.

At a townhall meeting with PDP members in Ise/Orun on Saturday, Fayose endorsed the aspirations of former Deputy Governor, Olusola Eleka for Senate, Ekiti South district and Adekola, a former member of the House of Representatives for the same position.

Adekola sought a second term ticket for the seat in 2019, polling 25,707 votes but lost to Yemi Adaramodu of the APC who polled 41,864 votes.

But the ex-governor’s announcement was met with stiff resistance from party members from Ikere and Ise/Orun who shouted “give us Henrich (Akomolafe), We want Henrich. Stop the Imposition, Don’t kill PDP.”

Some of the protesters told newsmen that while they respect the ex- governor’s decision to endorse candidates, his choices over time had further worsened the party’s chances at the polls rather than strengthen it.

They said they would rather subject the choice of a candidate of a party to a credible delegate election rather than pick Adekola over Akomolafe who recently got the endorsement of the Ogoga of Ikere, Oba Samuel Adejimi Adu-Alagbado.

A spokesman for the protesting members expressed fears that the ex-governor may opt for the same ‘dubious’ style deployed during the governorship primaries to produce the governorship candidate in Ekiti, Chief Bisi Kolawole.

“For instance, When H.E. Fayose went to back Bisi Kolawole, Kolawole won the primaries through rigging and you can see how we are losing supporters on a daily basis.

“Now, we are saying we want a youth, a fresh blood who has credibility and a track record but again our leader (Fayose) has opted for a political lightweight who lost heavily as a sitting member. We would not take it,” Kola, a spokesman for the protesting members said.

Reacting, Fayose who rebuked the members for what he termed an ‘embarrassment’ said he would back his preferred aspirant at the delegate elections by all means.

When contacted for his reaction, Engr Akomolafe said he remains “unfazed” but advised ex-governor Fayose who he referred to as his father against working against the “will of the people and further worsening the party’s chances because of pecuniary interests.’’

“H.E., Fayose, is my father and leader but as much as I respect him, he needs to understand that the days of amala politics when you write a list of candidates is over. If PDP is preaching a new brand of politics and enshrining democracy, then, he needs to lead by example by allowing free, fair and transparent delegate elections to pick a candidate for the election.

“If he refuses, the party will collapse and fail.”

“I am confident that I will get the ticket through a fair means and I have what it takes to battle the APC and win this seat for the PDP,” Akomolafe added.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Governor Udom Risks Losing Out As Powerful Hands Offer Conditions / Two Million People’ll Start Receiving N20bn Monthly From June -FG / Buhari Signs Executive Order On Compulsory Maintenance Of Public Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.