Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest (63180 Views)

Cubana Chief Priest's Convoy Attacked By Unknown Gunmen (Video, Pics) / EFCC Arrests Ajayi Oluwabukola Temitope, Ibadan Socialite For Alleged N25m Fraud / EFCC Arrests Obi Cubana Over Alleged Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by bestofnollywood: 6:19am On Apr 03, 2022
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arrested Nigerian socialite Cubana Chief Priest on charges bordering on money laundering and tax fraud, officials familiar with the matter said.

Pascal Okechukwu, his real name, was arrested at the Lagos airport on Thursday, but anti-graft officials hushed the development amidst pressure from his associates and family, who said the matter could complicate conditions for others likely connected to the alleged racket.

Mr Okechukwu’s arrest has made it impossible for him to return birthday greetings from his nearly four million Instagram followers, this newspaper understands, with only his wife being permitted to see him in custody.

It was not immediately clear when he would be granted bail or the level of information officials had been able to squeeze from him as of Saturday night.

“The matter is still under investigation,” a source said anonymously.

Cubana Chief Priest has gained nationwide acclaim as an ambassador for many national brands, including Bullet.

His arrest came weeks after another socialite Obi Cubana was arrested by the anti-narcotics agency NDLEA.
https://gazettengr.com/just-in-efcc-arrests-cubana-chief-priest-on-alleged-money-laundering-tax-fraud/

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Fahdiga(m): 6:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Arrested on mere suspicion while world renowned and proven big thief like Tinubu is walking free and even insulting our sensibilities by declaring for presidency. Nigeria is a banana republic

813 Likes 65 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by kniru: 6:31am On Apr 03, 2022
Nawa oo

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Tony5050(m): 6:32am On Apr 03, 2022
All I can say is, if found guilty he should be made to face the consequences and if exonerated, he should be compensated for public victimization. undecided undecided

Kindly check my signature for your Assignments, research works, business advertisement, projects, etc...

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by SmartProf(m): 6:32am On Apr 03, 2022
His boss is the Supreme Court Governor so it's possible there are loads of collabo between them as looting partners. Well, any chief priest that can be arrested at will must be operating in a fake shrine.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Tony5050(m): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2022
SmartProf:
All I can say is, if found guilty he should be made to face the consequences and if exonerated, he should be compensated for public victimization. undecided undecided

Kindly check my signature for your Assignments, research works, business advertisement, projects, etc...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by heniford2: 6:38am On Apr 03, 2022
Should I fat up like this dude grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by gaby(m): 6:43am On Apr 03, 2022
Hmmm

I'm more worried for his health.

As for the allegations...no comment.

Do the crime and do the time because there is no escaping the repercussions.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by zombieTRACKER: 6:43am On Apr 03, 2022
heniford2:
Should I fat up like this dude grin grin

you think eating junk food is healthy?

BTW when will Buhari arrest those responsible for kaduna rail bombing?

useless government.

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by lasisi69(f): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2022
shocked

Efcc just wants their share...

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by illicit(m): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2022
undecided

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by YungTemy(m): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2022
I wish everyone a blessed & a wonderful new week ahead. smiley

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by gospelpen(f): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2022
Out there in the streets, it is said that if EFCC has never arrested nor invited you for questioning, then nobody knows you have money yet. Unless you are above 50 years. Unfortunately, the agency expects you to suffer till you are 50 years before you blow.

If you are below that age, you will have to explain and explain, till you get tired of the money as well. Old frustrated people always have a way of meting out their frustrations on the young and rich. Know this and know peace ✌️

If you are reading this now, the best thing to do for yourself is to join the majority of Nigerian students studying and working abroad through undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships. Checkout S C H O L A R S V I B E. COM to see some of available opportunities for this 2022.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2022
Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Yankee101: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2022
After visiting all the governors

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Goldbw122(m): 6:45am On Apr 03, 2022
H

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Yankee101: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2022
A long time coming

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by LaSenior: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2022
cheesy

Efcc always looking for soft targets

They can never learn

Arresting before investigation

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Golan007: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by aylive02(m): 6:46am On Apr 03, 2022
When will they start Buhari?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by twilliamx(m): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by stevenson007: 6:47am On Apr 03, 2022
This guy is insulting our sensibility I swear for him to come out to declare for presidency!

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by yinkus6750(m): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2022
Celebrities now commiting financial crimes while politicians are now saints.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Padipadi(m): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2022
I knew they ll come for him. Anybody wey too dey flash must be invited

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by crackhouse(m): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2022
Efcc want collect some money for their upkeep..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by SarkinYarki: 6:48am On Apr 03, 2022
Money laundering and tax evasion? This clearly shows the EFCC have no real case against this man .

Is it the duty of EFCC to hold people for Tax evasion? This is the job of FIRS and it has processes ? Has the FIRS invited him to come and explain loopholes in his tax burden ? Abeg this is abuse of power which means the EFCC can just pick up anyone they don't like and accuse of them of tax fraud

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Omicron007: 6:48am On Apr 03, 2022
shocked

When will the politicians who are milking this corn-tree dry be arrested?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Mazisimonekpa(m): 6:48am On Apr 03, 2022
This doesn't concern our Biafra sluggle
There is sit at home on the 4th and 8th . All the Biafrans should take note

https://mobile.twitter.com/simon_ekpa/status/1510353045489537026?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Mazi Simon Ekpa

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Chieffoo007: 6:48am On Apr 03, 2022
When you are big you are big

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by decryptofx(m): 6:48am On Apr 03, 2022
I love Eastern Nigeria but

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by CaptainAyub: 6:48am On Apr 03, 2022
Until una arrest Yusuf Buhari who isn't doing any work but owns a 50 million naira bike,then we'll know you're serious

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by cktheluckyman: 6:49am On Apr 03, 2022
Yankee101:
After visiting all the governors
Hater he is not Obi Cubana

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa / Ghanaian Police Officer Commits Suicide After She Was Dumped By Her Fiancé / Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.