Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It (42087 Views)

Britain Will Go To War With Russia If Putin Attacks NATO - Sajid Javid / Macron: Putin Wants All Of Ukraine And Worse Is To Come / Republican Lawmakers March To Senate Floor To Protest Pelosi’s Mask Mandate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Flier: 11:34am On Apr 03, 2022
onuman:
The West and the UN would watch war brewing in a country but they would not make serious attempts to prevent break out of war.
But when war eventually breaks out in the country, the West and the UN start to run about begging for peace.
If you have been following the development around this wars since Georgia 2008,and the follow up to February 24 2022,you will realise they did absolutely everything in this world stop the war
Putin want the whole of Soviet Union to be under his umbrella and when the west realised he wasn’t ready to change course,they started arming the Ukraine and other Russian neighbors
The only problem here is Zelenskiy and European Union who didn’t believe USA intelligence Infact France sacked its intelligence general on Wednesday because he failed to predict the war like The American,Turkish and the British
The fact now is,Putin will be in power forever because he has changed the constitution for him to hold power indefinitely and there will surely be world war 3,PUTIN will never stop till Russia is destroyed
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by oluobi(m): 11:36am On Apr 03, 2022
mrdino:

It's because Russia has failed in the aspect of diplomacy, they should have drawn those
neighbouring nations (the likes of Ukraine, Georgia, Latvia, Poland etc) closer by contributing majorly to their development or by offering them better deals that would be beneficial to both economies, instead of trying to impose fear on them. Don't forget that these countries are sovereign nations that retain the right to associate or do business with whoever they deemed fit.

The USA have seized the initiative,via the NATO umbrella.

Might without diplomacy (which requires collective wisdom) is vanity.

My brother, is that the same diplomacy the US is applying to Cuba, Venezuela and other unfriendly countries in their sphere of influence.

Cubans have suffered the most in the hands of the US. How can you place a unilateral embargo on a sovereign country for decades? What about the unilateral sanctions placed on Venezuela?

Who's going to rescue those countries, or sovereignty does not apply to them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by safariman(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2022
All of these people (Nigerians) clamming for Russia to take over Ukraine because of perceived American or EU/NATO influence or threat to Russia. Worth noting, Ukraine never attacked Russia, NATO is a defense alliance, don't thread on me otherwise, there will be collective defense.

I would have liked Nigeria to be a developed county like Ukraine under a true democracy, rule of law, attractive development (help youth unemployment), western technology and a strong will to defend her sovereignty and fight like hell like the Ukrainian people are doing. I have read that Ukraine is also very corrupt and perhaps, discriminatory (anti blacks/Indians). But overall and for their interests, they are yearning for freedom from autocracy governments and have chosen their part. If Cameroon or Benin Rep decides to pose a threat to Nigeria, can we should just ask our Army to invade them to restore a government in those capitals that we want?? Afterall, Benin and some part of West African/Northwest African countries were once part of a big empire such as the old Soviet Union or the old Soviet Empire that Putin is trying to restore to its old glory.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2022
Putin and this unending war nawa o
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:
America is not 1/10th as powerful as they've made us believe. People who couldn't defeat ordinary Talibans in over 20-years.

Your assessment of the Afghanistan war is incorrect. The Americans were never there to Win. War is Big Business. It's one big Business enterprise worth trillions upon trillions of US Dollars. Billions share your point of view in the world over but that doesn't make it necessarily true. War is expensive and the American taxpayers pay for these wars. Simply put it, the Invasion of Afghanistan became unmarketable to the American public. There was no logical way to justify the huge spendings in a pointless war with the Talibans so they had to withdraw and bring their troops home.

I am pro-Russian, That doesn't mean that I will foolishly underestimate the capacity of the US military. Ukraine is no match for Russia and so is Afghanistan to the USA. That Been said, always remember that the real casualties of Wars are ordinary everyday people. Take a look at the North-east, North-west, North Central Nigeria. See the amount of Suffering the people are going through because of this hybrid war that have been declared on Nigeria. We are being attacked from all directions. Wake up Nigerians! We are at war. The invaders are everywhere; Security, Economy, Government ... Just about any sector you can think of.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by juman(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2022
I just dont like to read all that.

Russia.
The almighty russia.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by juman(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2022
Putin is not a good leader.
He failed to build a good and successful country.

But on ukraine thing, russia is right.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by 3headedgoattt: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2022
Angelfrost:

Don't mind them...

I will never understand why some Africans lose their dignities and sense of reasoning when it comes to anything America!

I find such low self esteem quite disturbing!

Very disturbing.. Some Africans reason like people who suffer from acute low self esteem and highly brainwashed by the highest form of propaganda. Even western education can not save us but make us more dependent on who has the education.. Our mumu no dey end? Isn't it time where we ask ourselves questions?
Why do they hate people who ask they question why?

Russia is a balancing actor internationally including China, remove them and see the true nature of the beast hiding behind "Fighting against the enemies of democracy"
Democracy is not what it seems on the outside, power was never given to the people but a selected few... I thought for myself. I read both sides of the news and my eyes are open.... Mind you I have been following international politics before I left secondary school 2009. It was mainly western news platform.. Check dstv u won't see a Russian news channel or am I mad? Go deep and see the what's really happening... For me I see opportunities for us Africans but as usual black presidents with black sense and black mind only thinking about white currency.. Hope is all we got and then we work towards hope.. Farewell family and Have a fun filled Sunday as usual

5 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by safariman(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2022
Please note, the US did not wage a conventional war against Cuba (for the record, I am not in support of the embargo to stop Cuba from being a communist country just 80 miles from America's shores) But your comments states unilateral and I think every country should be able to determine with whom they want to do business with. I am sure you will not be okay doing business with Hitler during WW2. The same unilateral sanctions against Venezuela that is ruled by dictators just like Ortega (of Nicaragua) who has been in power for 30 odd years. )
oluobi:

My brother, is that the same diplomacy the US is applying to Cuba, Venezuela and other unfriendly countries in their sphere of influence.

Cubans have suffered the most in the hands of the US. How can you place a unilateral embargo on a sovereign country for decades? What about the unilateral sanctions placed on Venezuela?

Who's going to rescue those countries, or sovereignty does not apply to them?

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by 3headedgoattt: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2022
safariman:
All of these people (Nigerians) clamming for Russia to take over Ukraine because of perceived American or EU/NATO influence or threat to Russia. Worth noting, Ukraine never attacked Russia, NATO is a defense alliance, don't thread on me otherwise, there will be collective defense.

I would have liked Nigeria to be a developed county like Ukraine under a true democracy, rule of law, attractive development (help youth unemployment), western technology and a strong will to defend her sovereignty and fight like hell like the Ukrainian people are doing. I have read that Ukraine is also very corrupt and perhaps, discriminatory (anti blacks/Indians). But overall and for their interests, they are yearning for freedom from autocracy governments and have chosen their part. If Cameroon or Benin Rep decides to pose a threat to Nigeria, can we should just ask our Army to invade them to restore a government in those capitals that we want?? Afterall, Benin and some part of West African/Northwest African countries were once part of a big empire such as the old Soviet Union or the old Soviet Empire that Putin is trying to restore to its old glory.

Western technology hey? What happened to creating your own technology abi una dey ment?

Wen u are face with unilateral sanctions for not towing the line now na u go complain pass.. Ekpa
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Awesometouch1: 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
The French and Germans are partly responsible to what Ukraine is going through today.
Their blindness and lack of foresight to Russian antics and threats made the Russian invasion of Ukraine possible. They should blame themselves for the destruction of the lives and properties of the Ukrainians by the evil authoritarian regime in Russia.
The US was right.
Thank God for America.

Cc: gowaga86
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by tctrills: 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:
America is not 1/10th as powerful as they've made us believe. People who couldn't defeat ordinary Talibans in over 20-years.
The Taliban's are not ordinary, They chased the Russians away even before the Americans.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Angelfrost(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2022
3headedgoattt:

Very disturbing.. Some Africans reason like people who suffer from acute low self esteem and highly brainwashed by the highest form of propaganda. Even western education can not save us but make us more dependent on who has the education.. Our mumu no dey end? Isn't it time where we ask ourselves questions?
Why do they hate people who ask they question why?

Russia is a balancing actor internationally including China, remove them and see the true nature of the beast hiding behind "Fighting against the enemies of democracy"
Democracy is not what it seems on the outside, power was never given to the people but a selected few... I thought for myself. I read both sides of the news and my eyes are open.... Mind you I have been following international politics before I left secondary school 2009. It was mainly western news platform.. Check dstv u won't see a Russian news channel or am I mad? Go deep and see the what's really happening... For me I see opportunities for us Africans but as usual black presidents with black sense and black mind only thinking about white currency.. Hope is all we got and then we work towards hope.. Farewell family and Have a fun filled Sunday as usual

Well written!

Some Africans with all their education and exposure still remain slaves to the Western media subliminal brainwashing.

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by oluobi(m): 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
safariman:
Please note, the US did not wage a conventional war against Cuba (for the record, I am not in support of the embargo to stop Cuba from being a communist country just 80 miles from America's shores) But your comments states unilateral and I think every country should be able to determine with whom they want to do business with. I am sure you will not be okay doing business with Hitler during WW2. The same unilateral sanctions against Venezuela that is ruled by dictators just like Ortega (of Nicaragua) who has been in power for 30 odd years. )

Are you aware that since 1992, the UN general assembly has voted in favour of that embargo to be lifted every year. The US, to date has ignored the resolution.I ask again is that rule of law?Is that democracy? You need to find out the pain that embargo has inflicted and it's still inflicting on Cubans

We blame our government everyday for not obeying rule of law, yet we are quick to defend US, whenever they do same.

Is the US the same as the UN, they (US)decide which one is dictatorship and which one is not.

Is democracy practiced in Saudi Arabia, NO, but it's okay by US, since they are their allies.
Hypocrisy!

4 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Invitationn: 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kazeem47:
Israel and Russia=Bullies
Their general overseer is The US.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by donforeign: 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:
sense u no get
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by donforeign: 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
yanabasee:

Russia has nukes and if you don't keep a close look on them, they can decide to bomb the US.

America has been a target for a lot of countries with nuclear weapons ..

And to be careful, you must know these people by watching them closely....
they should go ahead and bomb dem
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by greatness77: 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:
china even defeated dem and push dem out of pyongyang despite dad chinese are fighting in 2 fronts, UN Troops and US Troops in korea war
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Ateke: 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Russia is going down...
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Guderian(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:

Not that they could not defeat them. They had the strength to do, to even wipe out the entire afghan.
They prolonged the war due to continous arms trade and politics.

When they say they spent trillions of dollars in afghan dont you ask where the money is going.
Its just greed
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:

They ve been using Hollywood to hype themselves.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Camelot65: 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
englishmart:
You obviously don't know what you're saying. No matter who you're, you can try but na you go tire.

Muhajedeens defeated a whole USSR too.

Guerrilla warfare na anybody mate??
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Corea4king(m): 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2022
The only people that condemned America invasion on Taliban is mainly Muslim because they don't value democracy. Just look at what president said last time that his wife only belong to other room.See what is happening in North Korea, Taliba, still people are blaming America but these people can't live in these countries.

If Russian are truly good neighbour with these countries, So why are they running away from them? These religion called Islam or is associate is the real parasite that affect these peaceful world
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Shadysen: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2022
OYENIYIJK:

Sorry boss, manage the 2k. Happy Sunday
u did well
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by jikins(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2022
safariman:

Democracy promotes freedom does it not? Why then will you want to impose your will on others. If a country wants to be a communist country why don't you respect their decision. Why do you have to sanction and starve them out just because you want your will to be implemented and not the will of the people. There is no excuse. A country should be allowed to grow and develop its own values and identity. If its ruled by a man for 30 years whats it to you? Is it your rule? If the people stand up and say the want something different then they make it so. Not every country has to be a democracy.

This is why I will always advocate for China and Russia to be just as strong and challenge the west. Because if these people have absolute power and influence only God knows the length they will go to ensure their will is enforced. Look at how Obama denied sending Jonathan weapons because Nigeria refused their lgbtq nonsense. They were willing to let Nigerians die just so they can see their interest realised.

5 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by wiseoneking: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
willi926:
From my small understanding, Putin was just trying to protect his Russia territories and interests by asking NATO to stay back and stop coming closer east ward. But Eu and america saw it as a bluff thereby opening there arms to embrace Ukraine and Georgia. So na America and Eu first start to dey find trouble.
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT UKRAINE IS A SOVEREIGN NATION. JUST REMEMBER THAT WITH ALL YOUR REASONS. DO not dominate the weak because you are stronger. I can never in any way support say, Nigeria destroying Benin republic.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by thinkmoney(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
gowaga68:

Culled from: https://www.wsj.com/articles/vladimir-putins-20-year-march-to-war-in-ukraineand-how-the-west-mishandled-it-11648826461
There are tactful misrepresentations in this article.
The article slyly has painted Putin as an irrepressible aggressor and west has an all righteous, good meaning democracy.
I saw through this
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Rere1990: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Usushsh

Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by jrusky(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hello pls can kindly let's talk about headache the bandits, buhari failure, boko haram, iswap, herdsmen, ritualist, Gumi or Gum etc and free us from Ukrain Russia issues.

Thanks.
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by Engrpatpeters(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Re: Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It by SIRTee15: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
3headedgoattt:

Western technology hey? What happened to creating your own technology abi una dey ment?

Wen u are face with unilateral sanctions for not towing the line now na u go complain pass.. Ekpa

Global economy is built on western technology. Embrace it, use it to build a prosperous economy and lift your citizens out of poverty.
No need to re invent the wheel, just learn the technology- the knowledge is out there.

All prosperous nations leveraged on western technology to become advanced nations. Or do u know of any exception?
Pls don't mention china becomes china is built solely on western technology and trading with western nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter: Elon Musk Given 24 Hours To Address Graphic Images Of Hamas Attacks / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.