Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. (1760 Views)

Animals You Can Never Eat No Matter The Price / What Is That Regular Food You Will Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get? / Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
What is that food you know you can never eat, no matter how hungry you are?
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by dollynnn(f): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
white soup with any kind of swallow
"Gbegiri" with any kind of swallow
Snake meat
lipsrsealed
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
dollynnn:

white soup with any kind of swallow
"Gbegiri" with any kind of swallow
Snake meat
lipsrsealed

Should snake meat be considered food? cheesy

Mine is Amala. I don't think I can dare to try it. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by SmileDance(f): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
Pounded yam
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by MadamVanessa(f): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
shocked

Thunder fire Ewedu. If the only option left for me to survive is me eating ewedu, I will rather die than such rubbish entering my mouth. Las las, every body go die.

1 Like

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
Every food is eatable as long as it's edible, harmless, hygienic, looks good, smells good, tastes good and it's not from China.

The idle hegoat right above hiding under female moniker to spew trash.
Emoney and Kcee once said more than this until they had their first plates of Ewedu, now they would gladly throwaway all the oilless craps just to have another plate of Ewedu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by flames007(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
In my humble opinion, i don't have any food i hate so much i won't eat if i'm hungry.
I only have preferences; like i don't like ogbono soup, yoruba omi obe(i'm yoruba btw), stock fish, and some other combination like that. But trust me, i can and will still eat them with relish if i want of have limited choice.

1 Like

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by flames007(m): 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
SmileDance:
Pounded yam
For real? why? You're missing out o.
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by SmileDance(f): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
flames007:
For real? why? You're missing out o.
personal reasons
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
Definitely snake and any other reptile out there. undecided
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
ROFLMAO

Kobo, snakes don't count as food. cheesy
Just because some nairalanders eat them, does not mean they should be eaten. lipsrsealed

Right, lalasticlala?
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by garriAndsugar: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
ROFLMAO
You don't know what you are missing
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Kobo, snakes don't count as food. cheesy
Just because some nairalanders eat them, does not mean they should be eaten. lipsrsealed

Right, lalasticlala?
I am afraid that doesn't work.... we can't discriminate like we do with other things. So long as nature allows it as food and the digestive system processes it as such, who are we to claim it is not food. undecided

Reptiles, snakes included, are enjoyed as food regularly in much of Asia. Even cockroaches have their place at tables. Wetin you and me go do kwanu? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
garriAndsugar:
You don't know what you are missing
I am perfectly fine missing out on that aspect of living abeg. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid that doesn't work.... we can't discriminate like we do with other things. So long as nature allows it as food and the digestive system processes it as such, who are we to claim it is not food. undecided

Reptiles, snakes included, are enjoyed as food regularly in much of Asia. Even cockroaches have their place at tables. Wetin you and me go do kwanu? undecided

Hehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by garriAndsugar: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I am perfectly fine missing out on that aspect of living abeg. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Just have a taste before you conclude..
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

They say it tastes like fish. grin

I was eating catfish the other day, then I imagined it was snake meat, and I was grossed out. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
garriAndsugar:

Just have a taste before you conclude..
My eyes already concluded on my behalf... there is no going beyond that for me.. lipsrsealed
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

They say it tastes like fish. grin

I was eating catfish the other day, then I imagined it was snake meat, and I was grossed out. lipsrsealed undecided
That is a disgusting thought to have abeg! embarassed
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
That is a disgusting thought to have abeg! embarassed

Hehehehehehehe grin

You might eat it someday without realizing it though. cheesy

I once ate something I never would have eaten if I had known what it was. embarassed
It was given to me by someone I trusted.
I felt betrayed afterwards... even though I was a child then.
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by garriAndsugar: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
My eyes already concluded on my behalf... there is no going beyond that for me.. lipsrsealed
Please na grin
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
Hehehehehehehe grin

You might eat it someday without realizing it though. cheesy

I once ate something I never would have eaten if I had known what it was. embarassed
It was given to me by someone I trusted.
I felt betrayed afterwards... even though I was a child then.
May God not allow that kain mistake to happen to me abeg! undecided

See, I don't like to eat out because I don't like stories at all. undecided
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
garriAndsugar:

Please na grin
Tufiakwa! undecided
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Mariangeles(f): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Tufiakwa! undecided

Kobo stop abeg! grin

Kobojunkiee:
May God not allow that kain mistake to happen to me abeg! undecided

See, I don't like to eat out because I don't like stories at all. undecided

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

What if smoked and dried snake meat was given to you to eat by your grandmother? grin
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by garriAndsugar: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Tufiakwa! undecided
Biko
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
Kobo stop abeg! grin
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

What if smoked and dried snake meat was given to you to eat by your grandmother? grin
There was a time I was suspicious of smoked Titus fish... the skin reminded me too much of snake skin that I would not eat food cooked with it unless I saw it whole myself. lipsrsealed

My grandma wouldn't do evil to me. lipsrsealed
Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Hamzashaf99(f): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2022
Anything that is still alive, like those octopus people enjoy.

Also frogs or worms.

1 Like

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Farfalla(f): 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2022
1. All reptiles - snakes, lizards, chameleons, turtles
2. Rodents of any kind- rats, capybaras, porcupines, grasscutters
3. The whole lot of amphibians - frogs, toads, newts, salamanders
4. Cockroaches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by BRATISLAVA: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
Farfalla:
1. All reptiles - snakes, lizards, chameleons, turtles
2. Rodents of any kind- rats, capybaras, porcupines, grasscutters
3. The whole lot of amphibians - frogs, toads, newts, salamanders
4. Cockroaches

1. These actually don't taste that bad, the bigger reptiles. Still curious about turtle. The people catching baby lizards are annoying.

2. I thought I'd hate this class of animals, but they are quite tasty --again, the bigger ones. The people catching regular rats are trouble seekers.

3. Agreed

4. Insects. Agreed.

1 Like

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Farfalla(f): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

1. These actually don't taste that bad, the bigger reptiles. Still curious about turtle. The people catching baby lizards are annoying.

2. I thought I'd hate this class of animals, but they are quite tasty --again, the bigger ones. The people catching regular rats are trouble seekers.

3. Agreed

4. Insects. Agreed.

Speaking of big reptiles, many people swear by crocodile meat. Never been curious enough. I think turtles are major delicacies in some Caribbean islands, but still.... sad

My papa also tells me stories of how, as little boys, he and his siblings/cousins would trap porcupines and wild rabbits.

Now rabbits seem rather edible, but porcupines and moles? Ah, ah! I'm not that curious. cheesy

The image below depicts hawkers in Malawi selling roasted rats along their highways. You won't find me near there. lipsrsealed

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by BRATISLAVA: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2022
Farfalla:

Speaking of big reptiles, many people swear by crocodile meat. Never been curious enough. I think turtles are major delicacies in some Caribbean islands, but still.... sad

My papa also tells me stories of how, as little boys, he and his siblings/cousins would trap porcupines and wild rabbits.

Now rabbits seem rather edible, but porcupines and moles? Ah, ah! I'm not that curious. cheesy

The image below depicts hawkers in Malawi selling roasted rats along their highways. You won't find me near there. lipsrsealed

I join them to swear by crocodile. I don't recommend seal.

I join them to swear by porcupine. Not bats or civets.

Wouldn't try moles. Variety is the spice of life, but not moles! (Come on, I hope nobody is eating those poor blind creatures?) And not hundreds of roasted rats! I'll never be found licking my chops for these ones.

There are grades to meats, but I don't think those little domesticated animals are any good for consumption. Waiting to hear of the people that eat geckos, though. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Food You Can Never Eat No Matter How Hungry You Get. by Kobojunkiee: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

4. Insects. Agreed.
You never had roasted termites before? It is so delicious. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rice Assorted Types Going On Sale Right Now. / If You Are To Select Only Two From The List, Which Will It Be? Pics.: / Weekend Recipe....classic Coconut Rice Recipe By Dobby's Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.