Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,768 members, 7,798,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Small Commercial Build - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Small Commercial Build (6664 Views)

Commercial Building On 1000sqm Land For Sale At Magodo Phase1 / Spacious 3 Bedroom Flat For Rent Off Commercial Avenue, Sabo @ N1.8million/annum / Air Duct Cleaning For Commercial And Residential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Commercial Build by folmus: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Laying out the floor plan. I salute the architects, una work no easy.

taking shapes.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
We hope to reach lintel by Tuesday.

I learnt that the stability of the 4" block is somewhat iffy. One has to check the measurement frequently as its more subject to movement than the 6" and 9" until the mix is dry.

2 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by opes: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
We hope to reach lintel by Tuesday.

I learnt that the stability of the 4" block is somewhat iffy. One has to check the measurement frequently as its more subject
to movement than the 6" and 9" until the mix is dry.

Please sir, how much did you buy the 4" block in Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
opes:

Please sir, how much did you buy the 4" block in Ibadan?

They were N300 per one. I wasn't able to secure a discount because the seller said it was made just for me as folks don't really buy it. So he had to change his machine blah blah.

I used it to gain space. If not then 6" is the sweet spot.

Good luck on your project.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2022
folmus:

taking shapes.

Thank you Sir.

I'm hoping to be turnkey by end of month.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by opes: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

They were N300 per one. I wasn't able to secure a discount because the seller said it was made just for me as folks don't really buy it. So he had to change his machine blah blah.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2022
Status

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
On schedule to deliver as promised, lintel level by Tuesday cheesy

Can we play a game? Oya, how much to this level from the bare ground to complete blockwork including chained lintel?

1 Share

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 5:37am On Apr 20, 2022
Lintel stage reached.

Roofing woodwork to be completed hopefully by this weekend.

There's a roofing crew out of Iseyin that I want to test out.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by GloriousGbola: 7:49am On Apr 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Lintel stage reached.

Er was sewage piping put in place? A little late for asking
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Er was sewage piping put in place? A little late for asking

I decided not to place piping in the foundation but I drew the plans to place the toilets at convenient location for ease of plumbing.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2022
Pardon me, you said this is for commercial purpose. I'm looking at the area and it's still developing, infact that street in particular just has few buildings, or is it futuristic?

2 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:
Pardon me, you said this is for commercial purpose. I'm looking at the area and it's still developing, infact that street in particular just has few buildings, or is it futuristic?

The whole strategy behind my real estate holding can be summed up in this quote from Will Rogers.

“Don’t wait to buy land, Buy land and wait. Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.”

It’s a decidedly small convenience store and lounge to cater to the immediate neighborhood.

I’ll post a wider short so you can visualize the coming and existing development. A lot of rental flats are in the picture. This is hovering in place and looking North, East, South and West.

Thanks.

PS: I’ve said it before too that I actually don’t need to make money in Nigeria as I’m fully retired after over 3 decades in the USA, so I only invest with my slush funds which excludes me from mainstream sectors. I’m okay with that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Commercial Build by folmus: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nice!

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
folmus:
Nice!

Thank you Sir.
Re: Small Commercial Build by Focusmind: 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Lintel stage reached.

Nawao, e no dey hard, person don reach roofing stage for bungalow.

Well done. My next build will be bungalow, honestly.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
Focusmind:

It’s a very simple uncomplicated structure though.
Re: Small Commercial Build by GloriousGbola: 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
Focusmind:

The secret ingredient is disposable income

3 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The secret ingredient is disposable income

All the people below also has disposable income. May we not fall into the wrong hands.

1.Mavverick
2. Yincalley
3. babalose
4. Nairaner
5. qc1
6. Brag3
7. 3strikes
8. Vimo3
9. Neophytemason
10. Jaydacosair
11. Ahonahoi
12. Somehow

2 Likes

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
When you are not a real Architect cry

I could have placed the toilets outside and gained the space on the inside grin

Oh well, on the next building after this one is completed.

Re: Small Commercial Build by mufutau55(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You are doing well jare. Practice makes perfect.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by RadleyLC(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

If the lintel hasn't been done yet, why not just have it done, previous toilet knocked down

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
mufutau55:

You are doing well jare. Practice makes perfect.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
RadleyLC:

If the lintel hasn't been done yet, why not just have it done, previous toilet knocked down

I could do that but it'll encroach into the other plot that I'm reserving for other purpose unrelated to this one.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
Schedule slipped back three days due to our Nigerian artisans sad But we moove

Chained lintel now being poured.

A note on my observation. There's a disconnect between me and my mason and my Iron Worker. They are of the opinion that the corners where the lintel meets do not need to be wired together. I disagreed. I didn't push the issue too much since the corners do not have pillars anyways (just wet concrete poured in.

I think something called chained should actually be chained together. I own this though as these are not trained engineered but something to watch out. I build strictly single story buildings for this very reason. Who knows how many multi stories that they've constructed this way.

Debating between singles slope rood and the traditional hip roof.

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
Alternative and competing roof plan. A good type of stress to have I suppose.

Re: Small Commercial Build by ademajek(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Good job you have going on sir. I've for a very long time been a quiet admirer of you, as your comments/contributions in the property section have been quite helpful in my built and I've also used same to help a few friends. my project is around Elebu area, Idi-Ahun. Sir how can I locate the 4'' block seller coz I'll be needing a few.

thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
ademajek:

Good job you have going on sir. I've for a very long time been a quiet admirer of you, as your comments/contributions in the property section have been quite helpful in my built and I've also used same to help a few friends. my project is around Elebu area, Idi-Ahun. Sir how can I locate the 4'' block seller coz I'll be needing a few.

thanks sir.

I'm glad I could be off help. Paying back to the community that has given me so much is my intention.

I bought mine from a blockmaker that's near iCast Hostel on Alaaka road. If you continue on Alaaka road from Teak junction to where the tarred roads ends, you will see him shortly on the left. I don't want to share his phone number on the web as I don't think he's an internet kind of a person.

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Chained lintel poured. Two coaches this weekend. Roofing scheduled to be completed by next weekend.

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by Rany4all(m): 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
I was just thinking Sir...noticed your design has no provision for windows in the toilets, so how do you plan on ventilating those spaces or is there no need for windows there?

Nice updates, btw!

1 Like

Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rany4all:
I was just thinking Sir...noticed your design has no provision for windows in the toilets, so how do you plan on ventilating those spaces or is there no need for windows there?

Nice updates, btw!

Good catch. The ventilation will be incorporated into the aluminum doors. Additional forced ventilation will be via solar powered exhaust under the soffit. I’ll share some samples.
Re: Small Commercial Build by EgunMogaji2: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rany4all:

Nice updates, btw!

A combination of these two.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SMART HOMES IN NIGERIA: Living the future, Now / »»» 5 Bedroom Duplex For Sale In Port Harcourt @ N30M Negotiable (+pics) ««« / 4 Bedroom detach Bungalow+3brm Guest Chalet in Ibadan For Sale.* with pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.