Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula (11346 Views)

Group Urges APC To Zone Senate Presidency To South East To Quell Agitation / APC And PDP Zoning Formula Places Peter Obi As Potential Winner Of 2023 Election / 2023: Tinubu’s Loyalists Spoil For Fight Over APC Presidential Zoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by Metrix147: 5:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
The Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, has called on the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Working Committee (NWC) to reveal the zoning formula of the party ahead of the 2023 primary elections.

This was even as he revealed that he would only run for the office of the president if the party zones it to the Southeast.

The former Governor of Abia State, in a statement issued in Abuja, said the revelation has become extremely important as it will help to direct aspirants on the right path to follow and in accordance with the demands of the party.

Kalu, in the statement he personally signed on Sunday, noted that the pattern used in conducting the last party convention was commendable and should be emulated in future contests in the party.

Kalu said: “As the presidential primary election approaches, the issue of zoning is once again central and, as usual, contentious. The party is gearing towards making forms available for different elective positions and it is important that the party, as a matter of urgency, reveal her zoning plans for intending aspirants.

“The zoning of offices is very important as it will not only shown light on the path of contenders, but also save the party from unnecessary disagreements and litigations after primaries.

“My earlier calls and that of other political leaders, stakeholders, opinion moulders, amongst others for the need of sensitivity to the Southeast region that have been excluded from the presidency should be a concern to all well meaning Nigerians with conscience.

“The year 2023 is really a good time to tweak our democratic experiment and create everlasting history in such a way that shows sensitivity to the country’s cultural uniqueness and make all regions feel a sense of belonging. It is time to strengthen the unity of the country by making a Southeasterner president of Nigeria. There is absolutely no better time for it than now.

“In our country today, having built a formidable spread across regions, I consider myself the most de-tribalised Nigerian with rich experience in economy, business, politics, security and sports to lead the people and manage the economy. I shall be running for the office of the president if the party zones it to the Southeast.

“However, in the absence of the zoning to the Southeast, I understand the supremacy of the party and shall abide by the decision of the party.” The Senate Chief Whip said

On the unity of the country, Kalu encouraged Nigerians to do away with tribalism and all factors that prevent the achievement of national unity in Nigeria.

“Despite that Nigeria is facing serious challenges in the maintenance of security and national unity, we should understand that we are made to stay together as a society. I believe in the unity of this country because we are better as one.

“If the potentials of the citizens of the country are adequately harnessed, we will see more reasons to embrace each other and win together. We are therefore required to stand strong and forget all other factors such as tribalism, hatred among the other factors that prevent the achievement of national security and unity in Nigeria,” Kalu stated.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2022/04/senator-kalu-urges-apc-to-reveal-presidential-zoning-formula/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by qekng40(f): 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Chill, una body dey hot cool

Even if its zoned to the east, you can't be their flag bearer Sir. smiley

Think more of Retirement plans grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by Truthisunique2: 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2022
This is an inside man in apc talking

He already knows the president election would follow the chairman consesus type

Even though it's open to south, he already knows it would still be microzoned and only hoping it comes to his region

He is already ready to stand by buhari consesus decision

When you tell tinubu urchins the handwriting on the wall the blind bats would be arguing

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by Michelle70(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
I'd rather vote Tinubu than vote this Kalu

And I'll rather vote mynd44 than vote Tinubu and trust me, I'll never ever even in my dream vote mynd44.

Kalu and yeye bello better go and sit at home

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by LeoDeKing: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
So why is OUK in a hurry?

Okay lemme give him a hint:

Regionally, the APC presidential ticket is zoned to the South.

Then for the 3 geopolitical zones in the South, here are the chances in percentage
South South ~ 30%
South East ~ 0.01%
South West ~ 69.99%

So ouk can and sleep. cheesy

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by triple996(m): 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
grin
D guy above me no get chill
No mkpurumiri will ever near asorock grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by Truthisunique2: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
So why is OUK in a hurry?

Okay lemme give him a hint:

Regionally, the APC presidential ticket is zoned to the South.

Then for the 3 geopolitical zones in the South, here are the chances in percentage
South South ~ 30%
South East ~ 0.01%
South West ~ 69.99%

So ouk can and sleep. cheesy

south south have a higher chance than south west if you remove your tinubu lens

South West have the highest position for the south already (only south south is left out)

North Central swaps position with south south in the new zoning arrangement (north Central have gotten party leadership remaining south south to swap government leadership)

15 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by PJtech: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Old Facebook accounts for sale @5k each

Any one that buy tonight can get it @4k each

Discount if you buy 3 accounts @10k(only for tonight, i need cash urgently)
Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by Alexpre11: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Is he mad ni? So, this idiot is waiting for the Presidential ticket to be zoned to his village. It will not happen.

Igbos should bring out their candidates and mobilize for them. Nobody will zone the Presidency to your village.

When Obasanjo became President, Obasanjo contested against Alex Ekwueme, Emeka Ojukwu, Abubakar Rimi and some other clowns. Presidency was not zoned to his village.

So, Igbos should be bold enough to face the Yorubas in national election. If you fail once, you try again. Face your fears once and for all.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
From the south east I will go for Peter Obi or Umahi.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
This was even as he revealed that he would only run for the office of the president if the party zones it to the Southeast.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
They are only concern about sharing of wealth and formula in which it could be shared. U na well done.

1 Like

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by joshmaster487: 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
grin
Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by simpleseyi: 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
Is he mad ni? So, this idiot is waiting for the Presidential ticket to be zoned to his village. It will not happen.

Igbos should bring out their candidates and mobilize for them. Nobody will zone the Presidency to your village.

When Obasanjo became President, Obasanjo contested against Alex Ekwueme, Emeka Ojukwu, Abubakar Rimi and some other clowns. Presidency was not zoned to his village.

So, Igbos should be bold enough to face the Yorubas in national election. If you fail once, you try again. Face your fears once and for all.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by amuwo1980: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Michelle70:
I'd rather vote Tinubu than vote this Kalu

And I'll rather vote mynd44 than vote Tinubu and trust me, I'll never ever even in my dream vote mynd44.

Kalu and yeye bello better go and sit at home
I will rather chew my vote than vote for APC no matter who is their candidate

3 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by apasino01: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
This known thief

3 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by NairalanderClan: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kalu is an interesting politician

Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7060423/2023-atiku-must-control-cabal#111621602 to link up with our YouTube link.

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by ayawil: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Dey just dey use dis zoning of a thing dey deceive una
Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by ifeoma3261: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Good one
Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by FANTASY176(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
Foy your mind,,if they zone it to southeast you'll become president, while your mother will be the first lady ,,,think again

5 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by PressMyButton: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
Like OUK like Peter Obi, both are waiting for APC & PDP buses to pass through the river Niger bridge and drop the Presidential ticket of either party on their laps right in their bedrooms. If you think Presidential ticket is for lazy entitled ass, your wailing has just begun when Ashiwaju Tinubu becomes the next President of Nigeria.

56 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by SocialJustice: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
There is no zoning, when the time comes Buhari will pick his candidate and force everybody to stand behind that person or face political turmoil.

1 Like

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by Alphagan(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
What other zoning is OUK waiting for? Has presidency not be zoned to the south by APC? You want to govern a country like Nigeria but too lazy to do the job of serious politicking. Kalu should stop waiting for what will never happen because there's no precedent to it.

12 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by yyba: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mteeeeew all this lightweight politician self undecided zoning ko inec ni

2 Likes

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by excomarow(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
grin
Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by silverlinen(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
Damn...all politicians just dey fight for themselves
Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by babavik: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
This one is waiting for APC to zone Presidency to his community before he can contest. Don't go and hustle for votes.
Peter Obi I stan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula by obcpascal: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
Religion and Tribalism aside, Peter Obi remains the Nigeria Solution come 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anxiety As Forex Scarcity Halts Petrol Importation / Reps Clear 3 Lawmakers Accused Of Sexual Misconduct / We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.