Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Kinesthetic Coaching (3) – Walk The Line - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kinesthetic Coaching (3) – Walk The Line (115 Views)

Mayor Super Cup 2022 Road Walk: The D-day Is Here / Zach's Wife, Caught Hanging Her Pants On The Line / Distress Sale - Generator, Smart Television And Refrigerator On The Line!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kinesthetic Coaching (3) – Walk The Line by muskanmuffleit: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2022
This mini-series will look at the rationale behind using a more practical and active approach in your coaching style in addition to some of the techniques I have tried successfully with many of my clients.

Before you read this post I would strongly recommend that you read Part 1 first, just to be aware of some of the background about the decision to use this style of coaching.

Active Coaching scenarios
Part 2 Walk the Line
Once again this exercise is best done wherever possible, by literally getting up and walking but like the Empty Chair exercise, it can be talked through as a discussion exercise or drawn on a flipchart. Physically walking it through is best though as it creates some momentum.

Why would you?
This exercise is designed to help people experience, metaphorically, any journey or timeline that they have brought to the coaching conversation as the focus for their work. It enables a deadline to be “seen”, moved, approached, and passed.

Read More:-how to watch private videos on youtube

It helps the client work on the obstacles that may get in the way between where they are now and where their end goal is. It also allows them to experience what it would be like when they arrive at their destination.

I have used this exercise a number of times in one-to-one coaching sessions and I have also seen it used effectively in a team development setting too.

I am not a trained Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner and you don’t need to be to help others enjoy the benefits of this engaging, energizing, and often confidence-building exercise, but you may want to know that some of its roots are tied to the NLP concept of future pacing i.e. helping people visualize future states.

How would you?
The great thing about the timeline walk is that it is really simple. An example of the practical steps you might use after having discussed the goal with your client is the following:

1. Ask the client to think about when they would like/have to complete their project

2. Ask them to stand and designate somewhere in your coaching room – or possibly even better still the surrounding space – as that endpoint.

Know More

3. I like to then walk with them to the endpoint they have suggested and ask them to describe what the experience is like “from here”.

4. Next ask them what obstacles they can “see” they would have had to overcome in order to arrive successfully.

5. Go visit those places along the timeline. Continue the process until you arrive back at “the present day”.

6. Discuss what they will do now in order to start the journey towards achieving their success, by the deadline agreed.

7. Review the activity and reflect on how the client could use this exercise for themselves in similar situations.

Go for it
With the caveats from Part 1 of this series uppermost in your mind, I would highly recommend that you try this exercise.

So, I hope that you have enjoyed this mini-series on Kinesthetic Coaching and hope that you will give this approach a try. It may well have significant benefits for your clients/team members.

continue reading:-satisfactory console commands

(1) (Reply)

Watch Relaxing Hymn By Jspee Instrumentals / Want To Pass Your Oracle 1z0-1032-21 Exam In 1st Attempt? / Why Litigation Solicitor Is Crucial Employment Disputes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.