Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? (14571 Views)

Stop Using Whatsapp If You Don't Know This - Android Phones. / Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy / 7 Banned Apps You Must Delete From Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2022
I used Whatsapp till around 2am this morning then i dropped my phone to sleep. I woke up this morning and open the app to check messages and saw i have been banned from the app. I have never heard anyone say he has ever been banned and i don't even know what i did. They said i should contact support, i clicked on it and saw so many troubleshooting FAQ. They said, you can be banned if you are using 3rd party app like GB WhatsApp and other apps. Or if you are sending so many messages to people without your contact with Business WhatsApp. All these does not apply to me because i use the main WhatsApp not GB WhatsApp and i don't use Business WhatsApp to send messages to random people.

Who has ever encountered this or knows anyone that has encountered it and how was the issue resolved?

Or has my number been hacked?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by oluwaseyi0: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2022
Never been banned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by olola4(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Follow the instructrions written

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by NotBeenPaid: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022

Yes I've been banned before using modified WhatsApp. I still use a modified version of WhatsApp until now.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by 2horsePOWER(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by vivalavida(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
I know there are punitive measures for using third party whatsapp app like GBWHATSAPP. But if you did not use it, reach out to support.
I also hope someone else didn't clone ur whatsapp and use it illegally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
No I have not but I know of two of my friends that were banned. But if u change line and phone, the ban go end
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by God1000(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
No, because I don't spread falsehood and misinformation, I prefer Facebook sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Coronavirus123: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Na waoo.
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by debossng: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Yes, I've been banned before because I used a third party to send bulk messages.

But the ban got lifted after some days but can't remember how many days the ban lasted

You could be banned if you send spam messages and the people you spammed reported to WhatsApp.

Anyways you need to reach out to their support.

3 Likes

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by sureboykris(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Happened to my friend today.. Reason: he was using GBwhatsapp
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by konkonbilo(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
angry
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by bennytrips27(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Try opening it with a different number.
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by SocialJustice: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
What have you been using WhatsApp for? Confess. This was how boys came out to say Binance was blocking their accounts unjustly whereas they were using the accounts to do pickup.

4 Likes

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Fyie: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
I have been using GB WhatsApp from start..

I have never used normal WhatsApp.

So why would they ban me??

1 Like

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Nope, instead whatsapp go ban me I will rather ban them. Same goes to other social media platform including ********** if you know, you know. grin

1 Like

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by MomentMan(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
My friend was banned 5 days ago but after writing to their customer service, he was unbanned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Kingpee2(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Try buy now sim .
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by seguntravels009(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Probably because you sent broadcast messages that was reported.
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Yes. I sent a message and they banned me. But, this is my current predicament:

On Saturday it started drizzling in the morning and I rushed out to collect my clothes on the line. So, instead of picking one by one I spread my arms and collected them. Unbeknownst to me, I collected my neighbour's daughter's undies. Nice blue undies I love the design and color.
So, when she returned from school she started asking neighbours and surprisingly no one else was home at the time it rained. Girl is only 19ish and she has called her pastor to the house and they have been fasting and praying. They are trying to escalate the case and they might start imagining that I am a ritualist.
How do I return the undies without problems? Or, should I just throw it away? Cos, once I go near the line now, they are always watching from their windows

4 Likes

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by SIMONEKPA7: 8:21am On Apr 05, 2022
Ifesinachi22:
I used Whatsapp till around 2am this morning then i dropped my phone to sleep. I woke up this morning and open the app to check messages and saw i have been banned from the app. I have never heard anyone say he has ever been banned and i don't even know what i did. They said i should contact support, i clicked on it and saw so many troubleshooting FAQ. They said, you can be banned if you are using 3rd party app like GB WhatsApp and other apps. Or if you are sending so many messages to people without your contact with Business WhatsApp. All these does not apply to me because i use the main WhatsApp not GB WhatsApp and i don't use Business WhatsApp to send messages to random people.

Who has ever encountered this or knows anyone that has encountered it and how was the issue resolved?

Or has my number been hacked?
Have you linked your NIN to your sim?

2 Likes

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by Escape4Real(m): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2022
It happens to those that always use GB WHATSAPP...
Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by dheolexaone(f): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2022
Chill and uninstall WhatsApp from ur device.
Try using another number to create another account after which you have to redirect the number back to the one u r using or you write to their support for your unban

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by expert1(m): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2022
Yes, you get banned if you send unsolicited messages to people that you are not mutuals. You got reported and banned.

Stop sending unsolicitedmessages to people especially if they don't know you.

If people report you too much then banning is your penalty.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banned From Using Whatsapp Who Has Encountered It? by alphaconde(m): 8:22am On Apr 05, 2022
did someone report u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi 5 Launched: See Full Specifications | Monster Awaken / New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* / Anyone Using Itel 6910 Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.