Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,936 members, 7,799,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" (26320 Views)

'Submission': Patience Ozokwor Caught In Bed With Son-In-Law (Throwback Movie) / BBNaija: Mr Ibu, Chinedu Ikedieze, Patience Ozokwor, Osas, Visit Housemates / Premiere Of "Anyanwu Ututu": Pete Edochie, Patience Ozokwor, Rita Edochie Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by AlexReports(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier of “Ikemba”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQlJcxZ2J8

A new movie, “Ikemba”, was premiered on Sunday at the Orientals Hotel, Lekki, Lagos, to an array of “A” list actors and movie enthusiasts. The movie which had actors like Pete Edochie, Ramsey Noah, Yul Edochie, Zubby Michael, Patience Ozokwor, Chiwetalu Agu, Kanayo O.Kanayo, Krystal Okeke and others, was produced by Mr James Oguejiofor. The star studded movie tells the story of how the whitemen came into Nigeria.

Oguejiofor told newsmen that the movie had “A list actors” because he wanted the best and also for the message in the script to be perfectly interpreted. “Ikemba movie is about happenings in Africa.

If you observe, the colonial masters are still around, they like to cause chaos whenever they intend to get something from Africa. “The young ones don’t know all these, that is why we are writing these stories to educate our people and also open their eyes. It is not always about making money but to enlighten the people,” he said.
The producer added that one of the challenges of shooting the movie was getting actors to location due to insecurity, as the movie was shot in Enugu, Abia and Calabar. Veteran actress, Patience Ozokwor, popularly know as, “Mama G”, said, “Ikemba is a one-stop movie that gives you everything you want in a movie.

“It talks about tradition, culture, education, foreign touch and everything that has happened to us. The message cuts across cultures. “It is a star studded movie but most importantly, it passes an important message on how the foreigners came in and what they did. “I hope people will learn to make movies with great stories like this.”

Actor Kanayo O. Kanayo, also described the movie as being unique, adding that it looks back to the days when the whitemen came and those on ground did not understand them. “Africans are great people who don’t unnecessarily suspect you but then, the whiteman came with Bible in hand and before we opened our eyes, we had the Bible and they had the lands. “They came with entrenched interest, it caused division amongst us, which has not gone till date. Now, we hardly trust people around us. “There is always this tendency of playing the politics of supremacy, these are the stories told by Ikemba which makes it a unique one.” he said.

US based actress Dr. Krystal Okeke celebrated the movie as a rich historical African reflection which tells so much of culture and tradition. According to her, " I represent culture, I own three companies in United States of Africa that is all about culture and diversity, bringing people together, ending discrimination, that is what this movie signifies" I am a mixed Nigerian, I am Fulani, Hausa, Ibo. You don't see that in Nigeria so that is who inspired me"

The movie lead director, Godwin Obiora, popularly know as, “Boko Indentention”, said it wasn’t easy directing a star studded movie, especially those that are well grounded with tradition. He said he had to do detailed research to effectively guide the actors and also tell the story in a way that would be easily understood.

“I did a lot of research to make me connect with the script. I wanted to make something that invalidates some of the teachings we were taught about the whiteman in school. “I decided to change the narrative so that my children and other generations to come would know the true story.” he said.

Emmanuel Eyaba, the Assistant Movie Director, said that directing Ikemba was a big project and that there would be subsequent premiere in Abuja and Port-Harcourt.“Ikemba is another step closer to making movies that promote our culture, heritage and tradition, so that they do not go into extinction. Ikemba is just one of a kind,” he said. Sylvester Madu, who also acted in the movie, described Ikemba as unique and a must see for everyone. Madu said the movie tells why Africa needed to come together and harness its resources rather than let other people do it.

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/04/patience-ozokwor-kanayo-o-kanayo.html?m=1

8 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by AlexReports(m): 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
More

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by AlexReports(m): 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Impressive

9 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Fahdiga(m): 1:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
Only the Igbos can do this

35 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Dankovich1: 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
AlexReports:
More
You create thread still go book space for more. Who does that?

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Dankovich1: 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
AlexReports:
Impressive
only you more and impressive.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Totilopussylick(m): 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Fahdiga:
Only the Igbos can do this
Without the Igbos, they would have been nothing like Nollywood movies in Nigeria tongue shocked smiley.

48 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Fahdiga(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Without the Igbos, they would have been nothing like Nollywood movies in Nigeria tongue shocked smiley.
Gbam

25 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by pyyxxaro: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Make there kuku kiss make everybody rest cool

36 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Mayorkun30BG: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
Very nice

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by MathewOG(m): 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Really ?

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by iCauseTrouble: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
shocked
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by bigdammyj: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Okay
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by WoundedLamb: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nice.
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Viraltrends123: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
See them up there, they've started again, ordinary premier that we have been attending in Lagos for year, "Only igbo can do it." They are right though, only Igbo can do it.

When you see an igbo saying nonesense here, just know that igbo is at work, it's their trade mark.

Meanwhile, Like for Tinubu to be president Share for Atiku, Osinbanjo, Wike, Ameachi, Sowore or Peter obi to be president

9 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by DigitalyYours: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
smiley

Legends

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Frigga13: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Igbo Amaka.. cool

But some igbos fools wish for the destruction of igboland .. just to prove a point to yoruba and Hausa that they’re serious .

Reason they’re killing their own kind and even stopping igbos from church and religious activists

While the fools among them hail on.

... so what’s the Essence of Ikemba ... when the mba have no Ike .. to stop pillaging their land and going into extinction

Them go wake up late

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Ropostic120(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
Legends

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
The title is very deceitful. When I heard Ikemba, the first thing that came into my mind was Ikemba Odumegwu Ojukwu. I thought the movie was about his life and time...

All men are born equal but a few grow up to become great. Such greatness is what I thought the movie is all about...what an irony.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Legendforte: 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
Very necessary, especially for the youngsters.
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Werenoesis: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by FoolaniHellman: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by FoolaniHellman: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
MathewOG:
Without the Igbos, they would have been nothing like Nollywood movies in Nigeria.

LIKE IF YOU AGREE

Would you IGBOS die without Chest-beating or trying to always make a sentiment statement in order to make other Tribes feel inferior

Stop disgracing your Lineage on a Public Forum!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Money Is Really Good

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Mopolchi: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
Igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Clementz0(m): 5:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
MathewOG:
Without the Igbos, they would have been nothing like Nollywood movies in Nigeria.

LIKE IF YOU AGREE
You just like vaulence I no say na clout you dey chase but guyman sense is far from your statement go borrow some.
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by slowice(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kanayo be like: nne with what my eyes are seeing now I ll need your phone number.... Make n'echi dị ime grin
Re: Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo, Krystal Okeke, Others Attend Premier Of “IKEMBA" by Cotonou12: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ikemba of Igbo land

Dim Chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu. ✊

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. / Kunle Afolayan Completes Shooting Of “Mokalik” Movie [photos] / Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.