Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,094 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . (16354 Views)

Snake Nearly Entered A Friend's House / Python Killed A Big Sheep In Aba, Caught By A Friend (Photos) / See The Snake A Friend Of Mine Killed (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Ashirioluwa: 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2022
The ownership of the item has changed from you to your friend therefore you can’t because the item in question doesn’t belong to you anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by davidtuzy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
Don't Gift what u can't forget About
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Ashirioluwa: 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thinkfree:
Good evening everyone,
Can i retrieve a gift i gave someone? Is there any legal justification for that?

Your proposed action doesn’t make sense morally or legally. The ownership of the item has changed from you to your friend therefore you can’t collect it back because you are no more the owner of the item in question.
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by seanjy4konji: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
Dem don scam you too abi

Dat gender
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Leshyne(m): 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
It's a gift. Once a gal asked for loan n a gave her,she later wanted a scam relationship so I can forget the little loan,I refused. Note that I had spent more than the loan but when things went wry I demanded for the loan and she paid.
Thinkfree:
Good evening everyone,
Can i retrieve a gift i gave someone? Is there any legal justification for that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by EmzyT: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
“A GIFT IS A GIFT NO MATTER WHAT”

Why didn't you give only what 'You can Afford to Lose' at the Beginning of Everything so when things go sour tomorrow you don't go back collecting your gifts like a kid. undecided
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by bluefilm: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thinkfree:
Good evening everyone,

I don't know.

I am not a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Teymanhenry(f): 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
You mean your friends
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by jacy346(f): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2022
chatinent:
If the gift has left your possession, you've lost its possession. All you can retrieve now is to learn your lessons.
Abeg, for realest people, if you are looking for a side hustle and a profitable business, I sell first grade female OK shoes in bales and I deliver nationwide within three days. I sell from 100 pairs and above. I sell 100 pairs for N280k (I'll fend for waybill). You can request for samples. First grade means they look like new, and one bale has a variety (long heels, block heels, sandals, wedge etc...). You'll get quality and quick delivery. Hit my DM or my profile for email. Your sum will be refunded if your goods isn't sent within three days. Nationwide delivery.
samples and locat
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by chatinent: 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
jacy346:
samples and locat

Drop your number. I'll send video samples.
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by jacy346(f): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
chatinent:

Drop your number. I'll send video samples.
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by SeunNotOwner: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thinkfree:
Good evening everyone,

YES YOU CAN.
If the person stops being your friend
If the person broke an agreement with you
If you don't feel safe with the person.

As long as you have the receipt and you can site a breach of agreement, YES YOU CAN retrieve your stuff back.
Pay the police for fuel and see them fight for your right

But before any legal or police case asked the other party to return the gift first because you felt the gift is no longer safe in their custody

Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Thinkfree(m): 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Why? What happened?

My cousin bought a car for my nephew but now he is trying to get everything back because of small misunderstanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Thinkfree(m): 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
[quote author=Leshyne post=111699496]It's a gift. Once a gal asked for loan n a gave her,she later wanted a scam relationship so I can forget the little loan,I refused. Note that I had spent more than the loan but when things went wry I demanded for the loan and she paid.
[/quoteMy cousin bought a car for my nephew but now he is trying to get everything back because of small misunderstanding and family Amebo.
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Thinkfree(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Your proposed action doesn’t make sense morally or legally. The ownership of the item has changed from you to your friend therefore you can’t collect it back because you are no more the owner of the item in question.
My cousin bought a car for my nephew but now he is trying to get everything back because of small misunderstanding and family amebo
Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Ashirioluwa: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thinkfree:
My cousin bought a car for my nephew but now he is trying to get everything back because of small misunderstanding and family amebo

He/she can’t get it back since the car wasn’t registered on his/her name. Advice him/her to forget about it and move on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Retrieve The Gift I Gave A Friend . by Poleski: 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thinkfree:
Good evening everyone,

When you give someone a gift, you've relinquished your ownership of the item to the giftee. In the court of law, you've no case. Unless the giftee wants to return it voluntarily.

When next you intend to give out a gift, make sure you're not going to regret it later.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend / Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You / Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.