Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet (40781 Views)

Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / Kenneth Ibe: Kidnapped IMSU Law Student Murdered (Photos) / Noble Chibueze Eyisi Graduates With First Class In UK After UNIZIK Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by dre11(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2022
Damilola Olakanmi, a Nigerian law student based in East London, The United Kingdom, has died after eating the cannabis sweet she bought via a messaging app on her phone.

The UK Evening Standard reported that Olakanmi, 23, immediately fell ill after taking the sweet on March 29 and had to be rushed in a critical condition to Queen’s Hospital, London, via an air ambulance.

The University of Hertfordshire undergraduate eventually died at the hospital on April 2 from complications from the intake of the substance.

A US-based student and friend of Olakanmi, who also took from the substance while on a visit to the deceased, fell ill, but was later discharged by doctors after responding well to treatments.

According to Richard Taylor, a justice campaigner and friend of Wumi, the deceased’s mother, the late law student was an only child.

“Wumi has lost her only child – she has nothing now,” Taylor was quoted to have said. “They had to hold her up because she broke down every time a friend came to the house to give support.

“It’s a tragic warning to all young people about how they live their lives. They should resist drugs.”

Leon Brown, 37, of South Norwood, London, has been arrested by the police in connection with the incident.

He was subsequently charged with possession with intent to supply Class B synthetic cannabinoid, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid, and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance.

The Metropolitan Police said the case may be linked to a woman who was taken to hospital in March after eating cannabis sweet in another part of London.

https://fij.ng/article/after-eating-cannabis-sweet-bought-online-nigerian-law-student-dies-in-the-uk/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Hezzyluv: 7:58am On Apr 06, 2022
Sad.

Probably, drugs had damaged her system already, then this last one broke the camel's back. See me, what do I know sef.

RIP.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Painintheass221: 7:59am On Apr 06, 2022
Cool

To the guy above that denied me FTC this Tuesday morning.

Guy, you be weyrey

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by sofeo(m): 8:00am On Apr 06, 2022
RIP
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Rastaramsey(m): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2022
That girl sef nah bad ass niggarr

Wetin she find go cannabinoid sweet undecided undecided

Naso Niggars go dey force themselves to dey take drugs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Rip to the dead sha

Modified: stop crying under my mentions this chilly morning.....
Girls can be referred to as guys grin grin

In Pidgin, he can be used for a girl grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by RoyalBlu(f): 8:07am On Apr 06, 2022
So sad angry

Guess she wanted a little 'escape'.
*Now see how it ended.

It's well. sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Hezzyluv: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2022
Painintheass221:
Cool

Guy, you be weyrey

Happy Wednesday morning comrade. cool

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by RoyalBlu(f): 8:10am On Apr 06, 2022
Rastaramsey:
That guy sef nah bad ass niggarr

Wetin he find go cannabinoid sweet undecided undecided

Naso guys go dey force themselves to dey take drugs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Rip to the dead sha

Bros eh.

The person that died is a lady o.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Rastaramsey(m): 8:14am On Apr 06, 2022
RoyalBlu:

Bros eh.

The person that died is a lady o.

I tell you say I no no undecided undecided

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Ecos(m): 8:16am On Apr 06, 2022
Ha. Run away from hard drugs. RIP cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Painintheass221: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Happy Wednesday morning comrade. cool

cool

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Maxymilliano(m): 8:29am On Apr 06, 2022
What a tragic waste of a young life. My heart goes out to her mom.

May we not witness the tombstone of our children.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by RoyalBlu(f): 8:31am On Apr 06, 2022
Rastaramsey:

I tell you say I no no undecided undecided

Okay. No vex wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by TheWolfen(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2022
Pathetic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by okrikaboi: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2022
She should have popped Molly instead

15 Likes

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by ignis: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by dan9ice(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
My condolence to the family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by SensualMan1(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
Yoruba girl taking cannabis sweets instead of studying. Very weak people.

6 Likes

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by NothingDoMe: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
Rip. Say no to drugs.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
SAY NO TO DRUGS........

All this people on Instagram, selling adulterated drugs..... Must be castrated ........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by MathewOG(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
ok
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by tillaman(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
sad
To think that she’s an only child really makes me sad, na all them only child dey spoil gan I really pity her momma, I hope God comforts her
She might be a junkie though but God Rest her soul sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by eddynaira125: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by EricSmallz(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
So, Cannabis kill? Or was he poisoned?
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by tommykiwi(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
Painintheass221:
Cool

Guy, you be weyrey
So is the FTC that matters to you, not the story you read.

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by shilenji(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
This one strong o.

Young chaps like me, please stay away from drugs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by NothingDoMe: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
EricSmallz:
So, Cannabis kill? Or was he poisoned?
She
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by SocialJustice: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
In your bid to hide your secret from the world, you killed yourself. Where is the sense in that?

Buy your buds, crush it and roll up yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Padipadi(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2022
She must v been taking drugs well. Rip to her. This life is very thin. Just one moment btw life n death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Angel55555(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2022
So sad.....law is a rigorous course I guess she was just looking for a little bit of fun. May her soul rest in perfect peace

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Iyanuoluwa Osewa & Kolawole Bello Win Cowbellpedia Mathematics Teachers Of Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.