Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me (7003 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
On the 11th of March 2022, I saw an advertisement on the phone section posted by ' Goldpips' about a phone for sale
(Infinix smart 5) @30k

I indicated my interest, went ahead to send him a message on WhatsApp and bargined and we eventually settled on 25k (he told me that he needed the money urgently because that's why he's selling at this rate)

I requested for the phone carton and receipt, his response was that the carton was not available and also the receipt because he lost all the documents bring a fire incident that occurred in his house and he promised me that the phone is clean and has no police case because he bought it himself back in November 2020.

I went ahead and fixed a location we met and I gave him the 25k cash and he also gave me the phone.

Typing....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by shilenji(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Exactly after 3 days after I bought the phone I started receiving some calls from a strange number and he tried to get my location I thought it was a friend trying to play a prank on me and I finally gave him my location.

which he then told me that he is a policeman and he coming to my house in respect of a stolen phone that that was tracked to my Location i made it clear to him that I did not steal any phone, and I bought the phone online.

He said I should not worry that I am just a soft target and not the main target and the case will be settled peacefully so he came to my house requested for the phone which I gave to him and asked me to accompany him to the police station which I did.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
On getting to the police station I was told that the guy who sold the the phone stole it and they've been trying to track down the guy they couldn't but they're tracked me immediately I started using the phone.

I was asked to provide the guy who sold the phone to me () which was almost impossible to me because I don't know the guy I just met him for the first time during the phone transaction.

My dad said for permission that will come back after a week I will do our best to track the guy.
the policeman said if I can bring the guy who sold the phone to me I'll get back my phone but if I can't that will be the end of the phone.

After 6 days we went back to the police station and told them we couldn't get the guy since it was impossible to get him. Ever since the phone has been with the police and the guy I bought the phone from his number is not going through.

This is his phone number 07015951741,

His full name is Tolulope Ayinde Daniel pls refrain from him, do not engage in any form of business with him, he is not a honest person.

Link to the thread where I bought the phone
https://www.nairaland.com/7023957/sold#111341956

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by illicit(m): 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
U are very gullible

Sorry to say

U intentionally bought a phone that has no particulars

U intentionally made urself available to a cop despite knowing who he is

What if the original phone owner was killed before dispossession

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Totilopussylick(m): 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Ussycool: 12:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
Brother, you enter one chance. You will spend another 25k to settle the boys at the station which is enough to get you portable phone. Avoid cheap gadgets, most are stollen items.
My one cent.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Onyeka90210(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
I sense Foul play, you gave him your location, then he claimed to track your location?
You should have blocked the line instantly, let them come to pick you up if at all.
Then saying you should bring the guy that sold it to you and they’ll return the phone to you, what will now happened to the original owner of the phone that told them to track it.
There’s a probability that they got your number via the IMEI , but there’s also a higher probability the seller gave his officer friend your number.
I suggest you wait one month, go back to the station, claim you want to take something from the phone to find out if the phone is still in their custody,
When buying midrange or budget phones, it’s best to buy them new.
I buy used phones, but it has to be a flagship straight from U.S, and you can always run a quick IMEI check to see if it was reported lost or stolen.
Apparently, some midrange or budget phones don’t have these features, so you have to shine your eye.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by eddynaira125: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ojo-free na wound you, continue buying fairly use

Congratulations
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 06, 2022
disclosing your location to a stranger is suicide. Picking a private call is a great suicide.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Bodmum:
disclosing your location to a stranger is suicide. Picking a private call is a great suicide.

I've learnt my lesson

14 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
Miracood2:

I've learnt my lesson
sorry for the loses

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
Bodmum:
sorry for the loses

Thank you! I've ready gotten it off my mind.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Refrain from buying used phones especially if it's a online business
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Mhykel217(m): 1:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
My gee y dem go do u this kind thing naa.
I hope u get d guy comrade
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by fkj950ax(m): 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
A. You bought a phone.
B. Strange number called your line.

A phone and your sim card number are miles apart.

Did the seller give your number to the police?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by wallarwallar(m): 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
No wonder yahoo boys go say maga no dey finish U @ international MuMu and U @ very lucky u @ nt locked up cos d stolen phone was traced 2 u so it does not matter hw u got it u are d MAIN suspect. Na Miracle say Naija police dey friendly 4 d very first time

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Abilistic(m): 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
Wise up man!
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Tallesty1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
wallarwallar:
No wonder yahoo boys go say maga no dey finish U @ international MuMu and U @ very lucky u @ nt locked up cos d stolen phone was traced 2 u so it does not matter hw u got it u are d MAIN suspect. Na Miracle say Naija police dey friendly 4 d very first time
The seller and the police could be friends.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by duduade: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
So 25k gone like that

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Namiji4319: 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Onyeka90210:
I sense Foul play, you gave him your location, then he claimed to track your location?
You should have blocked the line instantly, let them come to pick you up if at all.
Then saying you should bring the guy that sold it to you and they’ll return the phone to you, what will now happened to the original owner of the phone that told them to track it.
There’s a probability that they got your number via the IMEI , but there’s also a higher probability the seller gave his officer friend your number.
I suggest you wait one month, go back to the station, claim you want to take something from the phone to find out if the phone is still in their custody,
When buying midrange or budget phones, it’s best to buy them new.
I buy used phones, but it has to be a flagship straight from U.S, and you can always run a quick IMEI check to see if it was reported lost or stolen.
Apparently, some midrange or budget phones don’t have these features, so you have to shine your eye.
how can I run the IMEI check? I just bought a phone, a London use and it did not come with any documents only the phone receipt from the shop...hope am safe

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by BeardedmeatR(m): 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Na wa o!

Comments sweet pass original post. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Tombrown3(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
fkj950ax:
A. You bought a phone.
B. Strange number called your line.

A phone and a line are miles apart.

Did the seller give your number to the police?

He was played by the seller, and the guy even mentioned he has an uncle in force.

Because no way on planet earth would the police had gotten his number, except the seller gave it out.

He just got scammed, now the police will release the phone to him again to find another victim, that's how they'll be catching out. Imagine 25k every month for doing absolutely nothing but sell phone online to total strangers. Then you set them up later. Chai.. Naija bad no be small

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
Tombrown3:

He was played by the seller, and the guy even mentioned he has an uncle in force.

Because no way on planet earth would the police had gotten his number, except the seller gave it out.

He just got scammed, now the police will release the phone to him again to find another victim, that's how they'll be catching out. Imagine 25k every month for doing absolutely nothing but sell phone online to total strangers. Then you set them up later. Chai.. Naija bad no be small
Haba! Which kind rugged format be this This country don tire pesin, nigerians wicked pass putin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Onyeka90210(m): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2022
Namiji4319:
how can I run the IMEI check? I just bought a phone, a London use and it did not come with any documents only the phone receipt from the shop...hope am safe
For iPhones there are free IMEI check online, I don’t know for Samsung, but when someone(the owner) reports a flagship as stolen or marks it as lost, it’ll practically become unusable(locked), so the fact that you were able to log in and use the phone, it wasn’t stolen.
Worst case scenario, if it were stolen and you were able to login somehow, the Nigerian Police can’t do anything about it, cause it wasn’t stolen in Nigeria and there’s no proof that it was stolen, neither did the yankee owner come to Nigerian police station to complain.
Just google IMEI check, there are loads of sites that perform the search.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
Your only mistake was disclosing your location but we all learn on daily basis …my put is just that you should thank God the phone didn’t put you into any trouble self ,how much is 25k compared to False allegations like kidnapping or murder?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Tombrown3(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
Senomii:

Haba! Which kind rugged format be this This country don tire pesin, nigerians wicked pass putin

Lol... Speaking from experience oo.
Was scammed too this way during my university days.

Made a fake statement of result for a friend so he could go for NYSC, did about 2 jobs for him, one day I just got a call from him to come get a new job only to reach and met him in cuffs.

The police threatened me with rustication and my HOD getting to know if I don't comply, as we were in there van, we made an agreement even before reaching Station.

Long story short, I bailed myself with the total money of all the work I did for him 2x times. Cause I was naive and scared, certificate forgery is a serious case.

Till date, the guy never told me how a Nigerian police man could know that it's was a forgery certificate because I did a very good job even school Admin would baffle at the fabrication.

Took me 4 months to know he scammed me, though the police men where legit, but they all were working together.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Authoreety: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
Call him out shaperly
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
Authoreety:
Call him out shaperly

His full name is Tolulope Daniel

His nairaland moniker is Goldpips

This is the photo of the scammer

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Phone Unlocking Software,unlocks Any Phone / How To Unlock Nokia / Problem With Glo Subscription *777# Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.