Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu (4453 Views)

The Making Of The "Emene Enugu Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" / Land Fencing: How Much Will It Cost To Fence A 100 By 100 Feet Plot Of Land? / Building A 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom House At Emene Enugu. Costs And Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
More from our works this morning.........

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by DAramis: 2:45am On Apr 20, 2022
CC Spyder880

Hello boss,

if you don't mind, can you give me estimate of cost to fence 1 plot of land using 3 coaches only (3 block level max instead of full level like this thread).

The aim is just to secure the farm area from other nearby one thereby avoiding trespassing of others into it. Case scenario like this

Total number of blocks =
bags of cement =
Labour cost* =
cost of sand =
cost of gravel =

* Knows it varies among different location
Sorry for derailing.
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by whirlwind7(m): 8:14am On Apr 20, 2022
DAramis:
CC Spyder880

Sorry to say this (actually, I'm not sorry tongue) These sort of questions are borne out of laziness and indecision.

You mean, without getting actual quotes or estimates on how much this project will cost, you wouldn't begin the job of making the fence?

See, I know that money is the problem here. But then, if you are serious about fencing a plot of land with three courses of blocks, you wouldn't come online to ask for estimates so long as you have a little finance to at least
1. Buy few bags of cement (say 10 to 15 bags, to start with)
2. Buy at least 2 to 3 trips of sand for moulding blocks.
3. Employ labour to mould the blocks with the required specifications.
Or, if you prefer to buy blocks, then buy whatever quantity you can afford to, at first.

You merely do these things according to your financial capability. After reasonable number of blocks have been made/bought then you get labour to dig the foundation for the fence and commence the job.

At worse, if you can't afford 10 bags and 2 trips of sand at a go, nobody will prevent you from buying just 5 bags and a trip of sand to start with.

Beginning is half done, if you're serious.
Stop asking for estimates over things that should take decisiveness and some common sense.

Price of cement keeps changing. Sand will become more costly as rainy season approaches.
Get to work, and don't seek for excuses by asking for estimates for DIY, pay as you go projects such as this one.

You may take this as a constructive criticism, or you can be the typical man by lashing at me. Who cares, really?

Spyder880 is a gentleman and even if your question irks him, he won't say so grin grin
But I'm sure that over this, he will largely agree with what I said here.

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by DAramis: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2022
whirlwind7:

Spyder880 is a gentleman and even if your question irks him, he won't say so grin grin

Well, I hold nothing against you for all you said. Criticism is part of life, just as the sun and rain makes the world to glow. Maybe the economic effects did not reach your side (Thank God for you).

Based on your statements, firstly, have no intention of buying bags of cement, sands and gravel knowing fully well there is no place to secure it safely, and also being prone to stealing. I would prefer to buy blocks (already produced ones

Secondly, I know starting is still a good idea, but I believe the estimate would serve as a guide to have an idea of what it would cost, and avoiding material wastages.

Lastly, as an open forum, learning is part of why this site is called forum. If you strongly believe that I am not supposed to ask one for clarity purposes, well, have nothing to say about that. Don't worry, I will source for the information offline then.

No harm done, no offence taken.
Over and out.

4 Likes

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
DAramis:
CC Spyder880

How big is your plot of land?
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2022
whirlwind7:

Sorry to say this (actually, I'm not sorry tongue) These sort of questions are borne out of laziness and indecision.

You mean, without getting actual quotes or estimates on how much this project will cost, you wouldn't begin the job of making the fence?

See, I know that money is the problem here. But then, if you are serious about fencing a plot of land with three courses of blocks, you wouldn't come online to ask for estimates so long as you have a little finance to at least
1. Buy few bags of cement (say 10 to 15 bags, to start with)
2. Buy at least 2 to 3 trips of sand for moulding blocks.
3. Employ labour to mould the blocks with the required specifications.
Or, if you prefer to buy blocks, then buy whatever quantity you can afford to, at first.

You merely do these things according to your financial capability. After reasonable number of blocks have been made/bought then you get labour to dig the foundation for the fence and commence the job.

At worse, if you can't afford 10 bags and 2 trips of sand at a go, nobody will prevent you from buying just 5 bags and a trip of sand to start with.

Beginning is half done, if you're serious.
Stop asking for estimates over things that should take decisiveness and some common sense.

Price of cement keeps changing. Sand will become more costly as rainy season approaches.
Get to work, and don't seek for excuses by asking for estimates for DIY, pay as you go projects such as this one.

You may take this as a constructive criticism, or you can be the typical man by lashing at me. Who cares, really?

My brother, I understand what you mean. Its usually difficult doing some estimates,especially when the information is incomplete. But we will keep trying our best with the available time. I have been on the road for about 48 hours now. Just got back to Enugu some minutes ago.
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
We have completed the fence walls in this site, we plan to start working on the gates in this house, there will be two gates needed to access both sides of the compound after construction. More pictures tomorrow.

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by whirlwind7(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
DAramis:

Well, I hold nothing against you for all you said. Criticism is part of life, just as the sun and rain makes the world to glow. Maybe the economic effects did not reach your side (Thank God for you).

Based on your statements, firstly, have no intention of buying bags of cement, sands and gravel knowing fully well there is no place to secure it safely, and also being prone to stealing. I would prefer to buy blocks (already produced ones

Secondly, I know starting is still a good idea, but I believe the estimate would serve as a guide to have an idea of what it would cost, and avoiding material wastages.

Lastly, as an open forum, learning is part of why this site is called forum. If you strongly believe that I am not supposed to ask one for clarity purposes, well, have nothing to say about that. Don't worry, I will source for the information offline then.

No harm done, no offence taken.
Over and out.

Atta boy!
As for the economic crunch, it got to me.
Even Dangote felt it, much less poor me.
You should realize that the advice I gave you was borne out of experience.
Means I handled personal DIY projects with minimal funds, and I still do.

And in the course of it, i realized that badgering folks for info as you just did isn't of much help.
After you've commenced on this project of yours, you will get to find this out yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by DAramis: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
whirlwind7:

Atta boy!
As for the economic crunch, it got to me.
Even Dangote felt it, much less poor me.
You should realize that the advice I gave you was borne out of experience.
Means I handled personal DIY projects with minimal funds, and I still do.

And in the course of it, i realized that badgering folks for info as you just did isn't of much help.
After you've commenced on this project of yours, you will get to find this out yourself.
Okay bro.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by DAramis: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
spyder880:

How big is your plot of land?
It is 60 *100
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Apr 21, 2022
DAramis:

It is 60 *100

Total number of blocks = 1,105
bags of cement = 34
Labour cost* = N200,000
cost of sand = N44,000
cost of gravel = N32,000
Water = N19,000

These costs are not cast in stone, they are likely costs I encountered at around the 3 course of blocks for a 60 x 100 plot of land in Enugu. Some lands are harder than some, some require more blinding than others, while the distance and conditions of the access road will increase the construction costs. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by DAramis: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2022
spyder880:

Total number of blocks = 1,105
bags of cement = 34
Labour cost* = N200,000
cost of sand = N44,000
cost of gravel = N32,000
Water = N19,000

These costs are not cast in stone, they are likely costs I encountered at around the 3 course of blocks for a 60 x 100 plot of land in Enugu. Some lands are harder than some, some require more blinding than others, while the distance and conditions of the access road will increase the construction costs. Thanks.

Sure, understood that the cost is not cast on stone.
Thanks for the quotation.

2 Likes

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by whirlwind7(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2022
DAramis:

Sure, understood that the cost is not cast on stone.
Thanks for the quotation.

I'm here again! grin
Now that you have some rough estimate to guide you, get to work ASAP! grin

Meanwhile, when you check the total cost in that list (don't know the price of blocks in your area)
And let's assume the money you can afford to spare right now is no more than ₦300k. What do you do?

See?
Bottomline: just begin with what you have.
Estimates would often scare you off if you don't have enough money.

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by DAramis: 8:43am On Apr 22, 2022
whirlwind7:

Bottomline: just begin with what you have...
Sure, it is what I would do then.
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by Mazicito: 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
whirlwind7:

I'm here again! grin
Now that you have some rough estimate to guide you, get to work ASAP! grin

Meanwhile, when you check the total cost in that list (don't know the price of blocks in your area)
And let's assume the money you can afford to spare right now is no more than ₦300k. What do you do?

See?
Bottomline: just begin with what you have.
Estimates would often scare you off if you don't have enough money.

I can relate to the idea of waiting to get it in bulk and be scared with estimate.

My first ever project years ago, i kept waiting to have it all together and then one day, a neighbor tried using my narrow property to make an access road. He was sold that property with false info that access was through mine. Overnight I sent what I had and have the foundations done and home built up to window level and that prevented that calamity. I was waiting to have funds to build it all in one fell swoop. grin

Now I go with the mindset of if I don't have it all but just will power and little fund. i start from somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Fencing updates from this site.........

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Inside the fenced compound.........

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
From the back, looking to the front..........

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
We bought 2 gates, and took them to the site.........

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
Digging of gate foundation bases......

And cast of the base

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
One gate hung, we will hang the second one tomorrow........

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by Rany4all(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
spyder880:
Digging of gate foundation bases......

And cast of the base
Is that concrete or potopoto? Forgive my french please cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
Rany4all:

grin Lol, I know someone will comment on the colour.

Enugu has this very dark gravel and stone colour, and brown coloured sand which gives very weird looking concrete mix. But from my findings, the concrete are so hard as to be comparable to any concrete anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by Rany4all(m): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
spyder880:

grin Lol, I now someone will comment on the colour.

Enugu has this very dark gravel and stone colour, and brown coloured sand which gives very weird looking concrete mix. But from my findings, the concrete are so hard as to be comparable to any concrete anywhere.
Alright then...I for talk o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by Videour(m): 12:02am On Apr 24, 2022
Rany4all:
hahaha
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by Mazicito: 1:38am On Apr 24, 2022
Rany4all:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by InvertedHammer: 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
/

I have already given up.

/
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hanging the second gate today.......

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by whirlwind7(m): 3:45am On Apr 26, 2022
InvertedHammer:
/

I have already given up.

/

I don't understand your comment.
What is this about, biko?
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Apr 27, 2022
We are waiting to resolve some issues about community development levies before we complete this fencing and gate mounting. Some community youths has been coming to stop us from working. They are charging us N350,000 as community development fees or else, we shouldn't work again. This amount should cover for the whole construction of this fence and even for the building of the main house.
Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by Badgers14: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2022
spyder880:
We are waiting to resolve some issues about community development levies before we complete this fencing and gate mounting. Some community youths has been coming to stop us from working. They are charging us N350,000 as community development fees or else, we shouldn't work again. This amount should cover for the whole construction of this fence and even for the building of the main house.

This is how people hold their own people hostage.

I know a guy that paid N1.2m in Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Fencing Of A New 60 X 100 Feet Plot Of Land At Emene Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:57am On May 03, 2022
Badgers14:

This is how people hold their own people hostage.

I know a guy that paid N1.2m in Anambra state.

It's not easy, government has abandoned their responsibilities to touts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Property For Sale, Lekki, Banana Island, Ikoyi,nicon Town,prime Waterview Estate / To Let 3,2 Bedrrom, Mini Flat In Egbeda, Akowonjo, Ipaja, Alimosho, Ikeja Etc... / 4 Plots Of Land @ Warike Road Abijo! Urgent Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.