Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? (4440 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! / Save Nigeria Group (sng) -abuja Mass Rally 12/january/2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2011
After the elections it seem to me the Save Nigeria Group have gone into the coolers.
Where are they?

Now I am not looking for medicore and insulting responses.

If you really know what is up with the SNG, please provide some response.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by qualified(f): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
i used to be a member but i stopped immediately the convener, Tunde Bakare went into politics.
thought the group is there to speak out for the masses, not to give power to themselves.
i dont get messages for meetings again (cant say why).
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2011
After all the noise they made before the election.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
They lost there followers the day their officials tried to disown Tunde Bakare, just because of the peanut the sucked from the JonnySambo feeding bottle.

PDP simply killed two birds with one feeding bottle.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Odunnu: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
SNG? They had too many reasons not to last long.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by DrummaBoy(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
The SNG moving out en-masse on the street of Abuja to demonstrate the nation situation in January 2010 was so effective and no one has any reason to think they wont last. That singular action saved this nation from only what eternity can tell us.
Bakare opting for public office is ok for some to leave but what I cannot understand is any body disowning the convener, Bakare.
I really do hope they find their voice agian. Amen.

Though Tunde Bakare has continued to speak from his pulpit; maybe he is using that to save the nigeria.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Poster, it would behoove you to spend some time researching the occurrences of the last year, rather than taking seriously the opinion of equally uninformed posters on here who even with access to the internet are too lazy to learn truth.

SNG equally moved to axe Bakare back in April( before the election), and it was rumored that they, like so many other groups out there may have also sold out to the Jonathan Party right before elections. So it is likely, that SNG that we knew of back in 2010 is no more an effective group.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/elombahcom/presidential-election-save-nigeria-group-disowns-bakare/10150157510863389

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=14781
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by DrummaBoy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
Thanks kobo & egift for d links
Its suprisin Bakare didnt mention it on Pulpit
May God deliver 4m GEJ & hungry Nigerians
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by valicious1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
The SNG was formed under a false intention. I personally followed its activities closely in the initial stages but it apparently became clearly obvious that the group was purely formed as a crowd gatherer for tunde bakare and his boss buhari's presidential ambition. the intentions of pastor bakare were good but politics spoilt it all.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^ So when Tunde bakare was going to Abuja to save Odechukwu Jonathan from the aprons of Turai, It was because of Buhari?

The irony of "Common" sense.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by REDshouse(m): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
Brought in Dead (BID),
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
valicious1:

The SNG was  formed under a false intention. I personally followed its activities closely in the initial stages but it apparently became clearly obvious that the group was purely formed as a crowd gatherer for tunde bakare and his boss buhari's presidential ambition. the intentions of pastor bakare were good but politics spoilt it all.

What a very stupid assertion. The same save-Nigeria-Group that gave you Goodluck Jonathan, and for the first time brought hundreds of thousands  together, to do what they ought to do on their own,was formed under false intentions? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I usually don't like to insult folks but I suspect you are more of a village champion with internet access . . . and that is why I chose to stop here.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by jmaine: 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
SNG gave us Jonathan . . .simply hilarious  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . . . . . . The moment Bakare who happened to be an henchman  digressed into politics . . .the efficacy of the group as an unbiased umpire to address civic issues was greatly neutralized . .and . . .So technically, he destroyed it . . .And as usual , we like politicizing every issues simply becuase certain individuals and parties were involved . . .IMO, SNG disowning Bakare for venturing into politics was def not out of place,if that was not the original intention and objective of the group
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by luluosas(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2011
Current members are hungry political tools. They were the ones who disown Tunde Bakare, their leader just for the reason that, he join Buhari. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
Soyinka, Bakare, Odumakin: what happens to SNG After Elections?
Full article > http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,525.msg1013.html#msg1013
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by mkpologwu(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
Soffrin Nachona Gomfrens SNG died becos d Notanas want to contro our oyele
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
Activism will never fade in our dear country even if some people attempt to 'jump ship',Pastor Bakare has been sounding political notes since 1993 so don't think the events of April will faze him.
Perhaps the SNG is silent because, nothing of astronomic proportions is going on. Task of keeping Nigeria as a sovereign entity requires both online and real time activism.
The masses still need a voice and OP you can be that voice or support actualising the dream of a great Nigeria. (if I do my part and you do yours maybe we wont miss FELA and GANI).
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by cvibe: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
The group doesn't exist anymore
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by ZnO: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
It is one of those nondescript, fake, 419 socio-political groups that SWners form - similar to NADECO- when things go against them, only to jump ship when they seem to get or be getting what they want.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by ezeagu(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
Mission failed, ngwa split the country.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
Split Nigeria, Haba why now? When Nigeria means black area? Lets explore other avenues to solve our problems like true federalism or Confederalism. Though I strongly like late Pa Enahoro prefer parliamentarianism,it would have developed Naija better in 50 years.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by werepeLeri: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, it would behoove you to spend some time researching the occurrences of the last year, rather than taking seriously the opinion of equally uninformed posters on here who even with access to the internet are too lazy to learn truth.

SNG equally moved to axe Bakare back in April( before the election), and it was rumored that they, like so many other groups out there may have also sold out to the Jonathan Party right before elections. So it is likely, that SNG that we knew of back in 2010 is no more an effective group.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/elombahcom/presidential-election-save-nigeria-group-disowns-bakare/10150157510863389

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=14781

Seriously, something must be wrong with this person. The poster merely asked a question, and see what the response is from a dim wit.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by enyojo(f): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=18pt]WHERE IS NADECO?[/size]

Every Organization has its Thrust which is its achievement climax. SNG was to save Nigeria from breaking up when Turai reigned as defacto President while GEJ was very happy to remain her houseboy while Andooaka played the Big Uncle.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by jmaine: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^ So that is the best you could come up with embarassed . . .
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
valicious1:

The SNG was formed under a false intention. I personally followed its activities closely in the initial stages but it apparently became clearly obvious that the group was purely formed as a crowd gatherer for tunde bakare and his boss buhari's presidential ambition. the intentions of pastor bakare were good but politics spoilt it all.

jmaine:

SNG gave us Jonathan . . .simply hilarious  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . . . . . . The moment Bakare who happened to be an henchman  digressed into politics . . .the efficacy of the group as an unbiased umpire to address civic issues was greatly neutralized . .and . . .So technically, he destroyed it . . .And as usual , we like politicizing every issues simply becuase certain individuals and parties were involved . . .IMO, SNG disowning Bakare for venturing into politics was def not out of place,if that was not the original intention and objective of the group

^^^^^^^
The above is the simple reason Nigeria will remain in the pits - So because some of you are now sucking the JonnySambo Feeding Bottle, you have now forget Nigerians that forfeited their freedom and comfort - march the streets to save the day - just because they refuse to eat from your pot of corruption?
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
Let me refresh your memory on the person of Tunde Bakare and other great Nigerians small and great who save Nigeria when Yar'Adua was missing in action (MIA).

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=qVIrSGIvzQJzKTmQkSVWmi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxR5rUs9XOQUAdtYjHRq$9DInW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_ukqwa9IFmR4/TS7lw0OhhLI/AAAAAAAAAY4/uCTP50H43KM/s400/tunde_bakare_LLB_785871466.jpg[/img]

Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2011

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/LElddR*ut*FX6vRpXj5xgPfo6zPD9JRYnP4zVl4Edwuv09xz1RlJ8jouaMpLzmXw504XMBEcJphWFm8lRVrcEn1DAxeA8sLO/SaveNigeriaGroupGrandRallyfor2011ElectionsinLagos3.jpg?width=737&height=413[/img]

Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by jmaine: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
egift:

^^^^^^^
The above is the simple reason Nigeria will remain in the pits - So because some of you are now sucking the JonnySambo Feeding Bottle, you have now forget Nigerians that forfeited their freedom and comfort - march the streets to save the day - just because they refuse to eat from your pot of corruption?

So because you are still holding the tearful handkerchief of Buhakare for a well deserved and predicted loss . . .you simply failed to concede that Tunde Bakare sudden lure for the corrupt power he once castigated, led to the early demise of that promising platform . . .you are trying to make me believe that a rally by the SNG was all it took for the NASS to move quickly,  as against the fear that the Military might see a void and move in, considering how the polity was heating up. . . you must be a huge joke to feed fat on your fantasy . . the fear of a military takeover is the worst fear a typical Nigerian politician would wish to face  . . Stop all this flimsy heroic charade you associate Bakare with . . .
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Tyche(m): 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
Served it's purpose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA / 22 Effects Of Masturbation / Nigerians Are Smart Especially The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.