Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? (27559 Views)

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? / JAMB Registration Statistics 2019/2020, See People That Applied For Your Course / After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Trainee223: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
UncleJudax:
Hi Metabolite wink

Acetyl coA
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Eyezkeyd: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
Covenant97:

I am also an accounting undergraduate in my finals though, but then I have lost all hopes concerning the financial reward attached to it.

If I may ask, what would you advice the undergraduate and graduate alike to do differently regarding this career choice to study accounting that can set one up for financial rewards. To me financial reward is the most vital thing to put into consideration when making a choice of career.
Thank you.

Ohh well I didn't study accounting but my mum did
I will advice you start ICAN anyways

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chatinent: 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mrklemo:
Studied Geography and Regional planning, now i roam Abuja looking for who to give loan.
Nigeria no be am at all.

It's geography and regional planning naw. grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chatinent: 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Johnchrix:

No body is talking about business studies, truly school impacts slave mentality to students.

As in eh, e just surprise me
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chatinent: 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Munzy14:

Maybe you've not seen lawyers and accountants doing 30k job..

Life takes a process..Just be prepared, when opportunity for a juicy position comes, you grab it with your two hands.

It takes years of determination, dedication and passion plus smartness to reach a curtain height.

Dangote said what he achieved in 30years, youths of today want to own it in 5days..

Regarding your question, I av grown to notice that those course people underrated in the university, are actually the ones hitting some dope cash..
While most of the posh courses have been bastardized..In fact it is good for bragging rights of parents..

My son is doctor.
My daughter is a lawyer.
My last born is an engineer... cheesy All na bragging...Struggling to foot bills.. undecided

Baba link me up na
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chatinent: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
To earn money in Nigeria, I knew I had to improvise. I didn't know how I knew but I knew. It's about you, not your certificate.

You can work online and get paid from overseas! It's not all about japaing.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Munzy14(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
chatinent:

Baba link me up na
Chati which link kwa?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Munzy14(m): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Johnchrix:

No body is talking about business studies, truly school impacts slave mentality to students.
grin grin inside life.

School taught us how to be a good Employee, on top taking pay that can't take you home..Street taught us how to be our own boss.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by UncleJudax(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Trainee223:

Acetyl coA
Actually, I am de novo synthesis sad. How is the coding going?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Dozis: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
ezewealth:

Oga calm down, no dey too hype d course. Most big marketers and importers of drugs in Nigeria no even go university. I no this because I served in Nafdac headquarters n also once a contract staff. I do their documentation n drug registration. There is only two pharmaceutical dept in Nafdac - pharmacovigilance and DER (drug evaluation unit).
Eg. Tony ezenna CEO Orange drugs. A billionaire DAT owns the highest pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria, no go university talkless of studying pharmacy
Please shut up with your little knowledge of Pharmacy profession in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by vikgreen01(m): 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
no I didn't join wit connection....yea am practicing my profession.....but not like a civilian architect out der going from one site to another....I do drawings tho

Oh that’s great. Can I get to know u better than this if u don’t mind…
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by haabidah666: 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
Heathrow44:
yes I regret everything after I spent my 16th birthday, when I got into school and the course I read, I lost myself, lost my purpose for living, became nearly hopeless, became even worse than when I got into uni, there's this saying that when u go to skul, u let d school pass thru u, but the school, the environment, the poverty u see when u go to EBSU as a college std it changes u, I regret all that, even uptill now the school has not given me my statement of result, so literally I spent 9yrs for a 4yr course I regret all of it..
my only advise to young people who are the sheer hold of making a choice in their career path is to look for course you can do perfectly well
go for Law,Medicine, Nursing, Psychology and professional courses that's acceptable both here and outside the country

pls not all courses that are said to be professional are actually professional in nigeria, the school system in nigeria has been engineered as an internally revenue generative medium for the government and the state, that's y they offer courses that they themselves can never do and send their children to do, this courses are made and created to steal your money and fund the government which will then be stolen to fund this rich kids to abroad to study courses that are real, all this courses are makeshift, ramshackled, left over courses that kill the dreams of the young people and make them hopeless and useless to the society, if u re young u had better study English, computer, learn how to drive, talk, reason and u re good to go

Thank you, God bless you ma/sir
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by haabidah666: 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
I believe, this thread was created because of me..

I gained a lot........

God bless you guys...
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by haabidah666: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2022
Bukola123456:
Zoology......ehen that course is irrelevant

Lol....... This really funny cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Joeyfizzo: 1:42am On Apr 11, 2022
vikgreen01:

Oh that’s great. Can I get to know u better than this if u don’t mind…
sure. Inbox me
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Joeyfizzo: 1:46am On Apr 11, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Like! This sound's like a plan to me. Please I want to ask those the armed forces discriminate as regards course when recruiting, because I'm sure you went in through Short service.

And is your job currently in the Navy related to what you studied?
yes wat I do in d Navy is Architecture. No the armed forces doesn't discriminate as regards course of study when enlisting....

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by OvaSabi1(f): 6:05am On Apr 11, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

What if you pay someone to do the work for you? Who gets the job at the end?

Or what if it's to hard and you seek assistance else where is it bad?

And lastly which course did you study or teaching?

Some of these people you people pay to do project for you download some of these stuff from the internet. Or they will do 1 work and sell it to 20 people. There’s no how you will know they have done this and this kind of work cannot be published.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Sergio104(m): 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Calm down.. cheesy

I remember arguing with u on an ebonyi related thread...lol.. Thinking u were some sort of aid of assistant to umahi cheesy
Anyways am also a student

Lol grin
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
elated177:
Deut 32: Listen, you heavens, and I will speak; hear, you earth, the words of my mouth. 2 Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
3 I will proclaim the name of YHVH. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! 4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.

Let me take it from this angle. This is in response to some of the comments here.

All of us will not be physicists, chemists, biologists and mathematicians. Nope! Some will be engineers, some doctors, some lawyers, some accountants, etc.

The main premise of this thread, which most of the commenters have followed, is on the lucrative nature of courses offered in higher institutions of learning in the country. Wealth can be acquired by anyone through any means.

There are many wealthy people out there who are not educated. Some of them are even employers of educated people.

No human being is created empty. There is something in every human being -man/woman/boy/girl - deposited by the Maker, which a course of study - education, even - has no bearing on. This is who such individual is. Nothing - not even wealth, riches, education or poverty - can take it away from such an individual. Any individual who recognizes this, the purpose for which he/she has been sent into the world, is a fulfilled individual. This is what defines such an individual- not necessarily education/academic qualifications or certificates. This is who such an individual is. Remove academic qualifications, remove wealth or riches, remove physical jobs, even, such an individual still stands firm and remains indispensable and totally relevant. Such an individual will not agree to exchange it for all the wealth and riches in the world. Even Satan, the devil, can offer such an individual the world just to make sure that he/she does not realize it. Wealth is nothing when you realize this.

Those who do not have the knowledge of their purpose in this world will still not feel content or fulfilled, even with the best certificates and all the wealth in the world. If only they can get that next qualification or certificate, then they will make more money. They get the extra qualification or certificate and make more money, yet no fulfilment. They eat the best food, drink the best wine, wear the best clothes and shoes, drive the best cars and travel all over the world, still, unfulfillment lingers. They go to bed with that feeling of unfulfillment and get out of bed with it. They swim in sexual immorality with fast women and fast men, unfulfillment/emptiness still lingers. They resort to adultery, if they are married, still the emptiness won't go away. They lie, they cheat, they steal, they loot, in order to acquire more wealth, nope, unfulfillment/emptiness remains.

Find out who you are. Money, wealth, academic qualification has no bearing on it. Consult your Maker.

YHVH Almighty be praised.

This actually came at the right time. Pray that God directs my path and reveal to me my purpose in earth. Amen.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
yes wat I do in d Navy is Architecture. No the armed forces doesn't discriminate as regards course of study when enlisting....

So course like Mass Communication still stands a chance. I need a honest reply from you.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
OvaSabi1:

Some of these people you people pay to do project for you download some of these stuff from the internet. Or they will do 1 work and sell it to 20 people. There’s no how you will know they have done this and this kind of work cannot be published.

Abi? So na to just jejely dey use my phone dey struggle with this project like this?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Mrklemo(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2022
[quote author=chatinent post=111827214]

It's geography and regional planning naw. grin[/quote

You no well... Hahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Lawl(m): 1:13am On Apr 12, 2022
Done reading comments
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Joeyfizzo: 4:46am On Apr 12, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

So course like Mass Communication still stands a chance. I need a honest reply from you.
oh yessss! I have colleagues who studied Mass Comm. They were absorbed in the Information Dept.....Even business admin, Medical Engineering, French, Arabic...I can mention a while lot

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:21am On Apr 12, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
oh yessss! I have colleagues who studied Mass Comm. They were absorbed in the Information Dept.....Even business admin, Medical Engineering, French, Arabic...I can mention a while lot

God bless you and continue to direct your path.

Lastly please I have over the years heard that.....

Better still, please would you mind if I send you a mail so we can connect outside this forum or exchange mail. Please, I will be more than happy if you would grant me the honour. God bless you.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Joeyfizzo: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

God bless you and continue to direct your path.

Lastly please I have over the years heard that.....

Better still, please would you mind if I send you a mail so we can connect outside this forum or exchange mail. Please, I will be more than happy if you would grant me the honour. God bless you.
sure feel free
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Cognitivereason: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
DaveDGreat:

I wouldn't mind. Although I don't really know how to do this but I have replied the mail.

Happy Sunday man.
Thank you smiley

I have replied your mail including my whatapp no.

I hope to get a feedback from you and also an impactful conversation at ur convenience

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by vikgreen01(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
sure. Inbox me

Done!
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by okewumi: 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
if you like have First class in medicine. Na grace person take dey get work for naija not those courses listed above. I know of a first class electrical electronics student back then, he is now working as a messenger in Michelin tires company. Then I know a guy that studied Agric SC at AAU, he is now a local govt chairman driving Prado with excorts.

What is the percentage of 0f people that study electrical engineering and anthropology flushing toilet. The percentage of electrical could be 2%, and 2% could be 200 thousand in population of 250 million. 15% of graduate that studied anthropology flushing toilet could be two million of population of 250 million.

Don't be decided, guide your children and younger once to study right course. The country is not smiling
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Jackfarrow: 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
SavageBoy:

Don't ever in your miserable life mention my father... I expressed my opinion without insulting anyone, can't you be sensible enough to express yours without insult?!

See this impotent bastard whose dad achievement is been a failure
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by SavageBoy: 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Jackfarrow:

See this impotent bastard whose dad achievement is been a failure
E pain amgringringrin
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Jackfarrow: 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
SavageBoy:

E pain amgringringrin

Ask ur mom if it pained her wen she gave me doggy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

50 Nigerians Graduate With First Class From Malaysian University / The Polytechnic, Ibadan Post-utme (e-test) Cut-off / Federal Poly Nekede Cut-off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.