Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC (18826 Views)

What's The First Thing That Comes To Your Mind If You Got Scammed / Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / Ladies Shouldn't Be Allowed To Be Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Ebube98(m): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2022
When you leave school, the first thing on your
to-do list shouldn't be going for NYSC.

The first thing should be loosening up your mind.

Stay with me...

An experiment was conducted with an elephant. The elephant was chained and tethered in a way that it could neither go free, nor afford much movement.

For weeks, the animal struggled but couldn't free itself. Until it finally accepted it's fate and decided to settle into the new life of bondage.

One day, the chains were removed and replaced with much weaker ropes. The elephant was tied in the same fashion with the ropes.

It shocked people around to see that the guy didn't even make any moves to break the ropes at all. In fact, the chains didn't just do a perfect job of holding him down, the chains held down his mentality.

With a single swipe, that elephant would have torn the rope into shreds, but its spirit was already broken. Look, the goal of this system isn't to give you a life you deserve. This system was built to oppress and suppress your dreams.

The sooner you realise it, the better. I cringe when I hear that first class, second class upper and whatever class graduates are earning N30k monthly and working 5-6 days a week.

Transporting to work and returning late.

With all the inflation? All the frustration?

Not cool at all. E no make sense

But you see... The system might drag you, rough handle you, beat you, injure. But don't allow your mindset to be chained.

There's this guy I follow here. He teaches maths here. The guy has this way of teaching maths and furthermaths principles such that even people who don't have a strong foundation in maths will understand easily.

Esomnofu is his name.

But aside his teaching techniques. I'm impressed with the way the guy leverages on the internet to build a business out of his teaching career.

He runs a YouTube channel, live streams on Facebook and Instagram. Sells small, affordable courses to secondary school students in and out of Nigeria.

He sells CDs in bulk to schools. He also gets invited to handle students from different schools around Nigeria .

Meanwhile... his comrades and colleagues, some who could even be better at teaching than he is , are scattered around Nigeria complaining that the government isn't paying salaries.

Oga is there, collecting funds from different sources proudly sponsored by the internet.

The point is... Focus a greater part of your energy thinking outside the box. Get creative, drop your academic knowledge and certificate for now. Go and learn very relevant skills.

Education is different from enlightenment and exposure o. Exposure is gained from practical and first-hand experience.

A lot of people will leave for camp this week, and after the next 3-4 weeks, majority of them will be earning the first salary they ever earned in their lives.

It will continue like that for one year. A lot of people will forget themselves and think it will last forever.

Some will think that, once they are done, a magical job of N250k/month will be waiting for them.

Just a handful will be lucky. The rest will be forced to face a very harsh reality check.

A lot of them will earn N33k/month for one year, and come back to earn N27,380 (after Tax)

I've seen it happen a lot.

Start unlearning the rubbish you learned in school. Especially the people who studied those courses that can "give you work anywhere".

Start building meaningful connections. Begin dey show your face.

The illiterates of the next generation won't be people who can't read or write .

But people who can't learn, unlearn and relearn things. Open your mind, embrace courses. Go for knowledge, keep taking in. Gradually work on implementing what you've learned.

I will never get tired of saying this - LEARN HOW TO SELL. This is not for people doing internet marketing alone. That guy that teaches maths, doesn't just know how to teach it. He knows how to sell his knowledge using 21st century tools.

His mates are out there thinking the only place they can sell their knowledge is within the walls of a classroom and it has to be for a salary.

Some of them have this unique way of teaching kids simple hacks to add and multiple big numbers. Some of them have tricks that could be taught to pupils to help them memorise the spelling of words.

Some persons here write the best short stories and poems. Learn how to package your stuff properly and sell online.

Whatever you do, don't be like his mates. Don't be like that elephant. Allow the system to bruise you and beat you, but win the battle in your mindset first.

183 Likes 28 Shares

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by RedMac: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2022
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by dopedan(m): 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
Where is the lie cry
Buhari has killed a lot of dreams i wanted to be a barrister now i no get money to even enter bar

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by OlasunkanmiSM(m): 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
This is just it..

The bitter and honest truth.

Learn how to SELL and you'll never worry about money ever again.

31 Likes

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Stephen0mozzy: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
Lalasticlala please come and bless more people with this great post.

God bless you OP, this is one of the best things I've read in a while on this 'once upon a time educative nairaland'

9 Likes

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Adroitcareers: 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2022
Why you need professional CV Review and Revamp??

Have you been sending out job application with your CV for several months but yet you've not gotten one interview invite??

Then you need a Professional CV Review and Revamp

Revamping your CV is always the first step to positioning yourself for an interview/jobs

Because it will help you beat the competition by staying ahead staying of lots of applicants in the pool system

It will helps you put powerful and effective action words to use.for your CV to represent you in a professional way,there are words that can either make your job acquisition a reality or turn it against you.

It helps you put the right skill in use.Skills are what endorses you to be professional and proficient for a particular role or general role.

It helps you streamline your professional summary,which shows your achievement, skills,qualifications,value and attributes.

WhatsApp or call 0.80.80.756.701
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by MMempire(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
Word!
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by WibusJaga: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2022
Walahi, Naija sabi kill dreams. You fit get big dreams of becoming a medical doctor but end up as bus conductor or native doctor. grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Caleb200: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2022
B

1 Like

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by annawiseo: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2022
Get a skill ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by BlackyOne(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2022
R
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Skillsnigeria: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2022
cheesy New generation Nigerians will not like the idea of using their brain for something like this. Tribalism don scatter their brain, the lord will deliver them

1 Like

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Lilchilz(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2022
After my Nysc i got a laptop and i de use am advertise groundnut �

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by ImoleNaija: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2022
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by juman(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2022
Not wise statement.
So when the new graduate go for nysc?

NYSC should be the first because its compulsory, you have to still go one day.
You go for it and after then face the future wholeheartedly.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by ecomalchemist(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2022
you need to pick up yourself and hit the streets running with good information which I'm about to share with you and other unemployed or underemployed Nigerians.

> Take a course on Marketing and Sales.<

Learn how to sell.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

Contact me for the gadget importation guide from US. Its free

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Novoboa: 10:58am On Apr 09, 2022
Very good advice
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by boldking(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2022
Really
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by jericco1(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2022
Saldy the reality we are in.
Most graduates are so engrossed in their certificate that they forget that we are in a country where dog eats dog.
Nobody gives a damn about certificate that much.
If you don't have anything tangible to offer then my friend you are in for a long trip.

6 Likes

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by TeeGentle(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmmm
True word

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Emmy3(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2022
Ok
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by TeeGentle(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2022
Very good advice
I gave you 90%
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by NigerianCampus: 11:01am On Apr 09, 2022
God bless you for the insight.
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by TeeGentle(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2022
[quote author=OlasunkanmiSM post=111760347]This is just it..

Learn how to SELL and you'll never worry about money ever again.[/quote
Correct
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Mbote: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2022
This is a very good post
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by TeeGentle(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2022
OlasunkanmiSM:
This is just it..

Learn how to SELL and you'll never worry about money ever again.
Correct

1 Like

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by Richsteemit: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2022
My second class upper certificate still dey at school. I don't know whether I should I collect it or not. Something keep.telling me I will not later use it.
Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by gameboy727(m): 11:04am On Apr 09, 2022
Motivational speaker. To each his own. Nice write up though.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC by guydangerous(m): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2022
This one enter, time to start streaming video games on YouTube. cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Employees, Are We Going To See You In January Abi O Ti Lo / 15 Signs You Have A Bad Boss / Please Help: I Have Issues With My New Employer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.