Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,588 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Two Nigerians Fly Emirates Aeroplane From Dubai To Toronto, Break Huge Record - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Two Nigerians Fly Emirates Aeroplane From Dubai To Toronto, Break Huge Record (600 Views)

Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Video Of Huge Whale Killed In Bayelsa, Butchered With Chain Saw Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Fly Emirates Aeroplane From Dubai To Toronto, Break Huge Record by adefitim(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
History has been made in aviation as two Nigerians emerged as the first all-Nigerian cockpit crew to fly an Emirates aeroplane.
The duo were celebrated on LinkedIn by an aviation analyst Chidozie Uzoezie who shared a photo of them and gave their names as Captain Robert Osuhor and Senior First Officer Chijioke Akpu. According to the analyst, they were the cockpit crew for the airline's Airbus A380 that flew people from Dubai to Toronto and then back to the UAE country.
Chidozie added that one of the history-making men, Akpu, had previously worked with Arik Air and RwandAir.
At his previous workplaces, Akpu had flown Boeing 737 and the Airbus A330 aeroplanes and will now add this new feat to his rich CV.

Netizens hail the feat

Asumani Musubire said:
"However much people try to misunderstand Africa and Africans in particular, I believe we're not different from other races, all we need are the right tools and knowledge to do the job just like other races.
"Given the fact that Africa is infested with poverty whose caused by high rate of corruption, we've talented, educated and hardworking people, I believe we can make it. I'm so proud of these Nigerian brothers, much love from Uganda."

Modupeola Magbagbeola said:

"Something good will always come out of Nigeria despite all circumstances. To JEHOVAH LORD GOD ALMIGHTY be all the glory. More successful adventures my brother and other Nigerians all over the world in JESUS mighty name."

Esiri Madagwa said:

"Nigerian pilots are amongst the best in the world unfortunately the federal government does not utilized their potential at home to the fullest to even invest in aviation infrastructures hence they are flying foreign airlines.

"Nigerians are the most traveled people in the world, we are everywhere. We don’t even have a national airline to call our own to generate tourist funds and investment in aviation. All foreign trips tickets funds are going to foreign airlines. #proudofnaijapilots."

Re: Two Nigerians Fly Emirates Aeroplane From Dubai To Toronto, Break Huge Record by EasternActivist: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
People with origin from the east are something else...

Breaking world record back2back

Putting Africa on the global path...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Fly Emirates Aeroplane From Dubai To Toronto, Break Huge Record by adadike(f): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Big congratulations my brothers. Congratulations to the Igbo race and congrats to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Fly Emirates Aeroplane From Dubai To Toronto, Break Huge Record by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
adadike:
Big congratulations my brothers. Congratulations to the Igbo race and congrats to Nigeria
i wanna laaa gị laaa gi

(1) (Reply)

Which IT Course Is More Viable / Google May Acquire Whatsapp For Nearly $1 Billion / Scientists Make 'laboratory- Grown' Kidney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.