Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

2006 Corolla Vibrates - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2006 Corolla Vibrates (2284 Views)

My Corolla Vibrates On Quick Acceleration / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: 2006 Corolla Vibrates by senator2k9(m): 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lesson learnt
Dozieson:

GAZZUZZ:

The 2005/6 Camry 4cylinder is matted to the U250E 5 speed transmission unit.

It is a very sensitive transmission unit that will not entertain any form of contamination .

One of the reasons this particular transmission fails is because most technicians work in environments that can easily facilitate contamination .

Major cause of failure is sand/dirt getting into the transmission from 2 places .

1. CV axle

2. Refill port

Another place that could cause failure in this transmission (and many others) is a damaged air vent which is located on top the transmission housing. The air vent I usually extended via a plastic joint and a rubber pipe, and raised to the level of the height of the dipstick, or close to the vehicles head cylinder. The reason the vehicle manufacturer raised the Vent that high was to limit the possibility of water entering into the transmission during driving in wet conditions that might involve water levels that would possibly submerge the transmission which is very common on most Nigerian terrains. When the plastic joint gets damaged it is easy for fluid from external sources to contaminate transmission .

Now to your present situation.

Vehicle is produced with a 5speed aka 13pin transmission which is currently failing.

What is recommended is a 4speed 10pin transmission .

The vehicle will move (the wonders of Toyota/Lexus) but when wiring it up installer has 5solenoid connections and 4 solenoids.what happens is vehicle will always skip a gear that will not be connected . The vehicle will no longer be able to downshift, and on every cycle of transmission shifts you will notice an uncomfortable thump.

I understand why most technicians avoid the U250E transmission, this is because in this part of the world we are not very smart, the engine sellers remove the CV axles from the transmissions and leave them bare which also is a possible cause of contamination , and because it is already a sensitive transmission the technician is already setup for failure before he starts the job.

My advice contact the transmission seller to supply and install transmission . He will provide part, oil and installer , and will give you a guarantee on work done , he will also replace transmission as many times as required until it works.

Good luck.

Gazzuzz

Googlemechanic
Non-Monk
Edible catering

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clean Volkswagen Touareg Suv SOLD SOLD SOLD / My Key Won't Turn The Ignition All Of A Sudden / Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.