Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? (16973 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by zeenaman: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2022
What's the definition of a well-paying job in Nigeria? What range of salary can be regarded as well-paying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by slawormiir: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn....

Who knows a real niggar might decide to quit keyboarding in the future and get a nice paying job

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by kiddkash(m): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
A job with good working conditions, a clear career growth path and enough to take care of your financial worries with extra to save

just my 2 cents

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by timagentms: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
A place where you can have a career growth, and at the end of the month, your take home is something tangible.

This place mostly is I.T companies.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by DLonely1: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Considering the economy, it should be from $5000 which is roughly 2,8000 Million monthly. At least you should be able to take care of yourself, your family and enjoy other good things of life plus investment as well.

The truth is that as a single guy, I spend above 200K monthly on feeding and other personal expenses. 5k be like 1K in this present economy. embarassed

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
A job that will enable a man or a woman to take care of a family of six, a side chick/guy, a maid, a driver, a gaggle of relatives, build a house, have three cars, take vacations in Dubai once a year, or twice a year, have twenty million in the savings at any time t, and still have something left over at the end of the day

(Being able to build a house for the parents in the village is an added bonus.).

Modified

Also enable you to send the kids to primary school in London and New York.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by christejames(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
A Nigerian well paying job is one that after earning well, afford you the time and luxury to flex abi flirt from that money after which you still have enough change to do urgent 2k cool cool cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by SensualMan1(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
A well paying job in Nigeria is if ONLY you are a politician.

That's one helluva well paying job.

Ask Tinubu the lagos thief

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Agbero in Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by JesuEruOluwa: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
K
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by ecomalchemist(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
500k a month for single guy. If God con punish you with slay queen wey no get work or business...na handicap be that...because that 500k go reach 50k in 2 weeks.

Just about 3% of the population earn that much.

In Nigeria, you can never become wealthy by being placed on a salary in these buhari times...

Calculate your expenditure (feeding, transportation, data, calls, accommodation, netflix and chill) you go even find out say money don finish before month end, you go con download all the loan apps for playstore , your people go con dey disturb me say you carry thier money run.

Learn a skill, business or trade to remain financially free.

Know this and know peace ! !!

you need to pick up yourself and hit the streets running with good information which I'm about to share with you and other unemployed or underemployed Nigerians.

> Take a course on Marketing and Sales.<

Learn how to sell.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

Contact me for the gadget importation guide from US. Its free

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
One that makes you stop booking space on nairaland

19 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by 77up(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Well paying job in Nigeria?

Well...

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by MAGG0T(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
cheesy

E better make you leave this useless country for Buhari and his kinsmen, and go hustle somewhere else...

Even if you are earning 1 million a month...

Atrocities in this country won't make you save shishi

13 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by JosephXavier: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
A well paying job is a job that if you convert your salary to dollars, you'll be able to be at least 10,000 dollars and above

If not, just look for a skill to acquire and travel out

4 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by IboHausaYoruba: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Well, in the Present Nigeria clime, if your salary after tax and other deductions is above 1million equivalent of £2000 or thereabouts, then You're good to go and earning well. Anything lower than that is suffering and smilling.

16 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Sucremaque: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
kiss grin

1 Like

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by iCauseTrouble: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
It depends on your marital status, number of kids and location. But notwithstanding for any status and location, A good salary must not be less than 250k per month

26 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Dmeji4444(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
B
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Electrochemistry(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
Anything between 150k and 250k for bachelors; 450k and 750k for married men.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by timagentms: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

Damn Niggar, u re a sharp shooter for stealing the front page

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Sucremaque: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
am confuse??

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by yongg: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
It seems like it's mid 5-digits after lots of inflation these past few years. And that's just sad.

But the reality currently is today's NGN1m is around 2012's NGN250,000.

But in my opinion, you need at least N1,000,000 per month to live a semblance of a MODEST meaningful life in Nigeria as an enlightened modern human being. I very well understand that is arguable but I have a spreadsheet that has listed things human being needs basically. Also, it is even more important for a man.

Upper Middle Class: NGN5m - NGN15m

Upper Class and luxury > NGN15m

Don't forget, there's rent to think about, professional exams to take and further develop yourself or craft and stay relevant,
registration renewable 5 to 10 years like working license, driver's license, international passport is now 45k(but hold 80% more), feeding, laundry and cleaning, socials and entertainment, leisure, vacations and tourism (internal, external, museums), insurance(moving and storage, occupation/employment, medical, house, vehicle, education, life, legal and pensions), personal library, month or year equivalent of Uber or bolt with return trip, personal grooming, utilities and monthly subscriptions where applicable (some subscriptions are more economical when done annually), maintenance, clothing and fashion,...relatives, personal pensions (seems like a repetition right? But in Nigeria if your pension is going to be subject to borrowings one had better start a personal pension plan)... All for one person...

Now imagine for a family that includes a wife and just 2 offsprings.

13 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by teekay213(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
500k for single guys

1.5million to 2million for married men

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
For me it’s a salary that after deducting my basic transportation/fuel and monthly feeding, I’ll still have at least half of the pay left

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Tapout(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
zeenaman:
What's the definition of a well-paying job in Nigeria? What range of salary can be regarded as well-paying?

Depends on some factors, like location, cost of living etc. A 50k job can be a well paying job for someone in Gombe state.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Viraltrends123: 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
Anything above 100k for those that are contented, and anything above 1 million for those that want to impress the world, by hyped iPhone that was 950k when released, now it's like 500k, have the biggest car and the loudest gen in their street, buy hyped Dior, Gucci, anything below 500k for this kind of people, is a big problem, Because 500k can't cover maintenance and pay bills.

For the contented, 100k is enough, and they will like their happy silent life.

Meanwhile, the best of them all is a contented person earning 1 million+

30 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by SalafRider(m): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
Person asked question, una de book space grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by twosquare(m): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
600K and above.

With the current inflation.

Anything else, you are one step away from poverty.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
subsidywise18:
A job that will enable a man or a woman to take care of a family of six, a side chick/guy, a maid, a driver, a gaggle of relatives, build a house, have three cars, take vacations in Dubai once a year, or twice a year, have twenty million in the savings at any time t, and still have something left over at the end of the day

(Being able to build a house for the parents in the village is an added bonus.).

A job can't do that, you are responsible for that grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by seyz91(m): 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
cheesy
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn....

Who knows a real niggar might decide to quit keyboarding in the future and get a nice paying job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Do Hse Training In Port Harcourt? / The Biggest Lies People Told Me About Entrepreneurship / My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.