Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Should I Be Worried About These Messages? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should I Be Worried About These Messages? (6792 Views)

MTN, Kindly Correct The Mistake In These Messages Of *406# / This Is Why Dangote Is Not Worried About The Electric Car Revolution / IGTV Launch, Should Youtube Be Worried? See Full Review. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Danmboss(m): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2022
bwealth0031:
Omo.....
A friend of mine sent me this.
I logged into the website and checked the stuff.
I checked Google to confirm the name of the website but found nothing.

For clicking the link,am I safe?
Likely no
Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by MJBOLT: 10:09am On Apr 10, 2022
these scammers are dumb sha grin so you have my login details to where my money is then what's stopping you from withdrawing everything grin

Na mumu go fall for this kain rubbish.
Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Sniper04(m): 10:58am On Apr 10, 2022
dominique:
I saw a couple of those messages in my husband's phone last night, they're from regular gsm numbers. It seems some American, Asian or European hackers are hacking into Nigerian numbers. That's not the style of writing of an average yahoo boy
E be like say you no know say format plenty,na yahoo boys o

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
bwealth0031:
Omo.....
A friend of mine sent me this.
I logged into the website and checked the stuff.
I checked Google to confirm the name of the website but found nothing.

For clicking the link,am I safe?
Lol your friend is a scammer maybe.

You shouldn’t have clicked on the link.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
dominique:
I saw a couple of those messages in my husband's phone last night, they're from regular gsm numbers. It seems some American, Asian or European hackers are hacking into Nigerian numbers. That's not the style of writing of an average yahoo boy
Those messages are from Nigerians- Yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Deicide: 10:44am On Apr 11, 2022
dominique:
So you don marry

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Lates123: 1:15am On Apr 19, 2022
I saw this on my WhatsApp and still don't understand what it mean but I clicked on it please can someone tell me if am safe hope it's not Yahoo guys or efcc tracking ways

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by tecnolad(m): 2:17am On Apr 19, 2022
Lol. To everyone saying that the scammers were dumb to have come with this idea, you're about to get shocked.

I got the same message and I actually logged on to the website on an incognito tab (with VPN activated). Don't blame me, I get crazily curious.

Looking at the dashboard, I saw over $700k worth of USDT and yeah, anyone would be tempted to get it out at all cost. This is exactly what the scammer wants - to build up that greed in you, so that you won't think rationally.

Now that your greed has hit its peak, you try so hard to find the withdrawal button, but you notice that only one address is bound to the account and any withdrawal you make will go to the address.

Next thing you'll want to do is find a way to change the withdrawal address to yours, but hey! There's no option to do that. Then while looking around on the list of options on the dashboard, you see a link that says "Transfer fund to another user"; this is where you think that you've hit jackpot, but no, this is where the scam begins:

Since the scammer has successfully lead you to his"send fund" page, which is the scam page, you'd want to create a new account so that you can bind your own USDT wallet to it, send the big money you've seen on that dashboard to yourself and withdraw it.

Now this is the scam:

When you've created that account, you'll see a notification on the "big money account" that you can only send money from that account to a level 2 user.

To be a level 2 user, you have to send USDT to a "generated wallet" (the real scammer's wallet) so that you qualify to receive this big money you can't wait to move out of the secret account you got on your hands.

You send that money and you'll wait forever without getting promoted to a level 2 user, or getting a chance to withdraw your "jackpot".

Your greed would have let you send money to a scammer.

You still think that the scammer is dumb?

cc: Dominique, bwealth0031, Lates123, sniper04, MJBOLT, Nisfornicky, playsnigeria, slynation, yuping, lalasticlala, Neowanzaeed, odinson1, veggieseedies

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Slynation(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2022
tecnolad:
Lol. To everyone saying that the scammers were dumb to have come with this idea, you're about to get shocked.

I got the same message and I actually logged on to the website on an incognito tab (with VPN activated). Don't blame me, I get crazily curious.

Looking at the dashboard, I saw over $700k worth of USDT and yeah, anyone would be tempted to get it out at all cost. This is exactly what the scammer wants - to build up that greed in you, so that you won't think rationally.

Now that your greed has hit its peak, you try so hard to find the withdrawal button, but you notice that only one address is bound to the account and any withdrawal you make will go to the address.

Next thing you'll want to do is find a way to change the withdrawal address to yours, but hey! There's no option to do that. Then while looking around on the list of options on the dashboard, you see a link that says "Transfer fund to another user"; this is where you think that you've hit jackpot, but no, this is where the scam begins:

Since the scammer has successfully lead you to his"send fund" page, which is the scam page, you'd want to create a new account so that you can bind your own USDT wallet to it, send the big money you've seen on that dashboard to yourself and withdraw it.

Now this is the scam:

When you've created that account, you'll see a notification on the "big money account" that you can only send money from that account to a level 2 user.

To be a level 2 user, you have to send USDT to a "generated wallet" (the real scammer's wallet) so that you qualify to receive this big money you can't wait to move out of the secret account you got on your hands.

You send that money and you'll wait forever without getting promoted to a level 2 user, or getting a chance to withdraw your "jackpot".

cc: Dominique, bwealth0031, Lates123, sniper04, MJBOLT, Nisfornicky, playsnigeria, slynation, yuping, lalasticlala, Neowanzaeed, odinson1, veggieseedies
Yea...point of correction, most scammers ain't dumb, they are smart per say and live on the principle that "everyday, a maga is been born", more reason their victims are always gotten by random sampling to see who falls for their bait...But when you grounded in what you do and things you know, you can detect any scam as long as it's too good to be true, I can't count the number of people I've saved from Crypto scammers, all it entails is to ask questions...number 1 rule, don't be in a haste to send money!! If it feels like scam, smells like scam, looks like scam, then it's obviously a scam...

Someone is offering you $700K popped outta no where just by clicking a link?? Only the gullible ones will fall for this...
Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by Sniper04(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2022
tecnolad:

Now this is the scam:

They are not dumb o,at least some people would have lost their cash to this, the best way to avoid all these things is to avoid them, do not reply their chats as some even collect your money by diabolical means, na after you send am body go tell you, I'm talking from experience
Re: Should I Be Worried About These Messages? by princeSammyz: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
Diabolical means? Make I hear! They can only thrive on the ignorance or greed of their victims. Make we no give these diabolical what not undue glory. Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Galaxy Mega 6.3 Enigma: How To Enable 3G (4G). / Whats The Best Music Player App On Phone / That Etisalat Cheat You Want....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.