Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (44199 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Lordbinsmar:
Omo even Satan himself will be surprised at your comment ooo shocked shocked shocked

Justifying flogging a blind man in his eighties

They for employ you as minister for hell fire affairs. Your wickedness is on another level.
You lot delude yourselves with thoughts of Satan. He doesn't care at all about you. undecided

As for supposedly justifying the flogging of a blind man, I see you would rather wax emotional than consider of the real truth behind what you claim your friend told you. Whenever you get around to it, come tell us exactly why your friend's mother turned brutal against her husband after many decades of marriage. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Lordbinsmar: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You lot delude yourselves with thoughts of Satan. He doesn't care at all about you. undecided

As for supposedly justifying the flogging of a blind man, I see you would rather wax emotional than consider of the real truth behind what you claim your friend told you. Whenever you get around to it, come tell us exactly why your friend's mother turned brutal against her husband after many decades of marriage. undecided

I have no business with what happens in their family. Moreover, I don't even know the family the guy talked about.

I'm just surprised at your comment. I keep wondering what the man could have done to warrant such treatment from his wife? His life is miserable enough consider he lost his sight. Why should his own wife and mother of his children add more to his problem by whipping him.

Even if the man is the most wicked man on earth, he already has more than enough problem to face for the rest of his life. He should at least be pitied considering his present state as a blind man.

I wonder where your conscience is for you to support such a wicked behavior from the so called wife. I wonder how you deal with people who has offended you in one way or the other.

I feel so much pity and sorrow for people around you, no sense of sympathy, emphaty or forgiveness. Someone like you will find it easy to kill or incapacitate people as a form of revenge. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by dimade1: 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
The very beginning:

This is one question I probably know the answer to. I could afford a flat, My cable subscription was on point, I hardly ran out of data, except my smile plug was temporary offline, and I could very well feed myself with all the sort of meals I wanted. I also was far above average for a cook.

I really was not thinking of a wife at all. Ladies came and went. I knew while women can be pleasurable, living with them forever could probably cause a strain. So I avoided them for nearly 30years of my life if not more. I obviously was not a Saint, yet I tried my best to do no harm.

Then the scammers came. I can remember all of them. They saw my good life and wished me suffering. They painted the wrong narrative. "PonziHater, you shouldn't be cooking all this soup yourself and doing the dishes everything. "You need a woman to soften things up", when they found me in the restaurant eating "ogufe", they blurted out loudly that I was just a wasting money when I could have a wife to easen things up. They made vague references men who were supposedly living happier lives because of the women in their life. All these men were disgruntled, but kept a fake smile to sell a false narrative

The truth it was it was all brainwash. I felt good, happy and free. I couldn't afford the best designers, but my shirt were "red tag", and my pants were decent. I could fuel my car, and "afford" any lady on the daily. I truly then did not understand the softening of life that they claimed Marriage will bring, but with their emphasis, I thought of a near heaven, where lovely meals, a lot of sex, children calling me daddy and a wife to walk to in the park. What I found going forward was just like being at the peak of orgasm in a brothel, just at the point when the police were breaking in. It was some pleasure subsequently followed by gross imprisonment. It was going to hell on a 24hours drive, and then returning only to be stopped in the middle of nowhere by robbers. It was the most distasteful experience a man could see.

To be continued

ChiefSgtPonziHater

All what you mentioned is just as if you wrote it for me.Same experience so far,she later divorce me by herself

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
Lordbinsmar:
I have no business with what happens in their family. Moreover, I don't even know the family the guy talked about.

I'm just surprised at your comment. I keep wondering what the man could have done to warrant such treatment from his wife? His life is miserable enough consider he lost his sight. Why should his own wife and mother of his children add more to his problem by whipping him...
Humans rarely act without cause ! undecided

A story comes together more organically when there is understanding of the reasons behind the actions of the characters. Your story of an old blind man suddenly being whipped by his equally old wife after many decades of marriage does not work without our understanding the cause of the change in her character. undecided

Did the woman in question whoop your friend or his siblings with koboko before now? Was she abusive to the husband before he went blind? Why become abusive towards him now? And why corner him in the bathroom to do it - he is blind, right?, undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Braga90(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
She lived life on her own terms in her "husbands" house. Got up from bed when she wanted. Cooked stew only on Sundays, and would not cook any other day. She also made it known that she cannot go to the market, if she does, then she will be too tired to cook. So I got the list and bought the food stuff. She had an income, but if she stayed indoors and wrote me a list, how then will she touch hers?
I mean it's your doing.

I did the house cleaning, threw the trash out, she only needed to remind me that the bin was full. When I expected visitors, she only needed to remind me that the house was "scatered", and I needed to arrange it. That was her going through a lot of stress.

I suggested using goat meat to cook stew, and she screamed, "they don't do that", the day I got cow leg and ask her to do stew, she blatantly refused, "that is not the use of cow leg". I suggested she was not washing the fish well, and taking away the inner content, and I swallowed back my word after being washed down with words. It's a harsh world for men out there. Nobody says it but I will. Many men go through solitary confinement, and worse off is when they acquire this prison with their own money.

I carried on. There were nights I slept alone praying for grace. During the good times, living all alone by myself, I almost forgot a God exists. But through difficulties, hardship, torture and distress, I saw a God who gives strength to the weary and grace to the humble.

I took my daughter to nursery first thing in the morning and picked her off in the evening while returning from work. Maybe once or twice she helped me pick her up, but this was not up to four times in total. When I then get home she would call me to come and get her from work. She could walk to the bus stop, but she still asked me. I had no issues it was less than 10mins drive, so I did that. There were days I was exhausted, so asked her to get the bus instead. It was all frown, all hell when this was the case. Nurseries were calculated per hour and I payed every single hour with no outside help. She blatantly said its my responsibility.

Humans have a heart. Some are strong others are not, so the weight may tilt on the "stronger", or the other may claim weak to avoid a fair share. Its the dynamic that always play out. What is sad is when you do all these and they go back and lie that you do nothing. That they are going through torture and stress, that they are in hell. The same person that lived on her own terms, cooked when she wanted, woke up anytime and never sweeped the house for a full year. But they lied against us, and painted a picture of hell. There was no thank you for all you do, when we said anything they said it was our responsibility, and we should live up to it.

How we survived, there was no telling. It must only have been God.

Cntd

SgtPonziHater

I don't believe your story... Total fiasco! I mean, no able-bodied well-to-do man can endure your kind of marital travails! Your patience, endurance and perseverance of the chaos you call marriage doesn't look real..... You better run! You can still salvage something out of the fiasco you turned your life into.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by calmandwild101(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2022
LondonDating:

True talk. A friends Mum in Nigeria waited for her 80 something year old husband to go blind before unleashing torture on the blind man.

Whenever he goes to wee and he misses the toilet bowl due to his blindness, she locks the front door and starts flogging the blind man with koboko to the point that the neighbors have to break the door down to rescue the blind husband from her koboko.

And these are people who studied in England many years ago.

The vulture is a patient bird.
This saddened my heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Blue86(m): 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
Your story is just what the bible is trying to say all the while @ ponzi hater and the op

" He who finds a wife have found a GOOD THING, AND OBTAINED FAVOUR from the Lord."

If she is not someone you can look at and call good thing and favour from God, trust me you didn't find a wife but a knife.

The same applies to men.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Winnerly: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I like how you write. Its brick-by-brick. Well laid out points for those willing to see things as it really is.

shocked Father, how far
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Atolu01: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Buahahaha grin. Awon oponu.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ericnrm:

Just leave that gender that bleeds between the legs bro. Very manipulative and two-faced set of people. If we were to flip it around and it was a woman who were to be the one being used in a relationship it’d no longer be her fault but the “men are scum” agenda would come out in full force. The double standard here is glaring!

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by neztar: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
LadyRosa:

grin grin grin

My brother for say poison dey kill me I for don die sinceeeee grin
I Will eat her food and her mother's.Anyway her mother is a very nice woman.
i hate you. Homewrecker. Don't go and mend your own marriage. Scum. I will beat you if i see you
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by JUMO95: 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

I could not stop laughing when I read him saying he bought property in his wife's name. grin and called that an exclusive achievement grin
As in ehen... I haven't read something as foolishly-depressing as that man ibechris post.

He probably must have realised how ddumb that his post his now anyways
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by JUMO95: 12:05am On Apr 19, 2022
Arsenate:
What are the benefits of marriage to men?

Dude on nairaland: you'd be able to buy a property in your wife's name.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by FatherCHRISTMAS: 12:19am On Apr 19, 2022
Winnerly:

shocked Father, how far
How far Johnpaul alagwu ... Wetin dey sup
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Apr 19, 2022
Blue86:
Your story is just what the bible is trying to say all the while @ ponzi hater and the op
" He who finds a wife have found a GOOD THING, AND OBTAINED FAVOUR from the Lord."
If she is not someone you can look at and call good thing and favour from God, trust me you didn't find a wife but a knife.
The same applies to men.
Interesting! undecided

So even though God said a marriage is simply an agreement between a man and woman to become husband and wife(marriage), you insist that instead of what God decreed, rather a man finds himself a wife only when he arrives at a woman who he can look at and call good thing and favor from God? Una for kukuma write una own bible instead. undecided

If you only opened your brain to think carefully about what is written in Proverbs 18 vs 22, you would find it is not much different in wisdom from the other proverb, " the love of money is the root of all evil". The both sound good to the ears but without much substance to them this since reality proves them both wrong more times than none. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by favour32(m): 5:26am On Apr 19, 2022
ibechris:

Men benefits more in marriage than women.
You dey dream.
If you wake up let me know.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LadyRosa(f): 6:17am On Apr 19, 2022
neztar:
i hate you. Homewrecker. Don't go and mend your own marriage. Scum. I will beat you if i see you

Who is this ant? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Blue86(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2022
A woman that can not be good to you and can't be a plus or a multiplication to your life is not a definition of a wife from the Lord. I won't treat you like you did me. For we are all learning. Read that Proverbs again meditatively.
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! undecided

So even though God said a marriage is simply an agreement between a man and woman to become husband and wife(marriage), you insist that instead of what God decreed, rather a man finds himself a wife only when he arrives at a woman who he can look at and call good thing and favor from God? Una for kukuma write una own bible instead. undecided

If you only opened your brain to think carefully about what is written in Proverbs 18 vs 22, you would find it is not much different in wisdom from the other proverb, " the love of money is the root of all evil". The both sound good to the ears but without much substance to them this since reality proves them both wrong more times than none. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Raalsalghul: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2022
CountVersailles:

How does it matter how he found her? You are leaving out the part where she might have even pretended just to get into the marriage. Why does it matter then how he found her or what investigations he did?

You used the work 'might', so we can't say for certain until it comes from the horse's mouth. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Blue86:
A woman that can not be good to you and can't be a plus or a multiplication to your life is not a definition of a wife from the Lord. I won't treat you like you did me. For we are all learning. Read that Proverbs again meditatively.
Stop deceiving yourself in the name of God! undecided

God didn't say only a woman that can be good to you is a wife. None of the prophets of combined can even boast of having such a woman as wife, not even Solomon nor His father David, yet God gave wives to David. undecided

Again, stop deceiving yourself in the name of God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Blue86(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Then go and read Proverbs again. And learn what proverbs mean. And learn what the adage says,
He who finds a wife.
Has found a good thing.
And obtained favour from the Lord.
I am giving you standard definition of who a wife from the Lord is.
Not someone you just see and wed.
And please read my comments all over again and think on them.
Kobojunkie:
Stop deceiving yourself in the name of God! undecided

God didn't say only a woman that can be good to you is a wife. None of the prophets of combined can even boast of having such a woman as wife, not even Solomon nor His father David, yet God gave wives to David. undecided

Again, stop deceiving yourself in the name of God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
Blue86:
Then go and read Proverbs again. And learn what proverbs mean. And learn what the adage says,
He who finds a wife.
Has found a good thing.
And obtained favour from the Lord.
I am giving you standard definition of who a wife from the Lord is.
Not someone you just see and wed.
And please read my comments all over again and think on them.
The problem here is obviously not what is written but your comprehension, or lack, of what is written. undecided

The proverbs says , "he who finds a wife...." and a wife is defined in scripture as simply the woman who you agree to be in a marriage with. So, what that proverb is indicating is that once you find any woman to be your wife, you have found a good thing, this regardless of how your marriage with her turns out. undecided

You are instead insinuating that if after marrying said woman, you don't have God's favor alone for the ride, you didn't find yourself a wife... this does not correspond with that which is written. undecided

Now there is the issue of the truth of the claim made in the problem, but I see that discussion is beyond you. So I will leave it for another day. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by wolement: 7:06am On Apr 20, 2022
ibechris:

Hasty conclusion.
Sorry to disappoint u...I am not in ur description. May be u are from a terrible family that is why u think everyone must behave like u.

Your reply is not coherent with the discussion at hand.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Hassanmaye(m): 5:49am On Apr 21, 2022
yemmit90:
This kind of narrative makes me wonder where people see these type of wives.

Women are the same everywhere, (Manipulative, stubborn and ingrate). It depends on how you relate with them. They are like devil, and if you must eat with them, you need to get a long spoon.

A woman will love and respect you if she know she can get punish by you if she mess up. She will love and respect you the more if she know you can replace her should she mess up with you. And most importantly, she will adore you if she know you love yourself more than her.
Wow
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Destined2lead: 6:09am On Apr 21, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

Hello, very interested to know the kind of business you are partnering that made 6.6m in 3 months.

Please tell, I pray �
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by marooh: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yet every week in Nigeria, 1000s of couples, among them some from right here on nairaland, tie in knot? undecided
Mariageable means they have quality of mrs.......
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
marooh:

Mariageable means they have quality of mrs.......
That one na for your mental that one day. So long as she is a woman, she is marriageable by law. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigBashiru: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2022
LocalStandard1:
Wow, good write up. Personally I think some men are tricked into that 'union' and they should have their ignorance to blame.

If you must marry, baba marry a virgin, you will grow to trust her. Not a repented harlot, trust me.

But if you want children pls and pls just adopt. Do not bring a child in a shitty arrangement you call 'baby mama, daddy', for the fear of God. Am talking from personal experience now.
Thank you

Parents no longer marry off their daughters as virgins tho "cos they want her to finish school" not knowing it's in school she gets disvirgined hahaha

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigBashiru: 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
FunnyDude:

Bro you have time responding to all these depressed bittered single men here. As for me, I don't own anyone explanation. I'm married and enjoying my life.

Most men here are opposite of what they preach real life.

If you were truly enjoying your marriage you will hv no need or hv the time to come to nairaland to write it here.....
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigBashiru: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That question is best asked the man who chooses for himself a woman who can't contribute financially towards his home. undecided

There are men out there who seek out such women for marriage, so when they come whining afterwards, you ought to know then the women is not entirely to blame. undecided

Kobojunkie but it's the bible that causes such decisions....stuff like:

"To avoid fornication let every man have his own wife" this makes Christian men trying to avoid "fornication" to prioritize beauty even if the woman is lazy etc....
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
BigBashiru:
Kobojunkie but it's the bible that causes such decisions....stuff like:

"To avoid fornication let every man have his own wife" this makes Christian men trying to avoid "fornication" to prioritize beauty even if the woman is lazy etc....
I don't understand why Paul's opinion causes any of what you claim. undecided

By the way, the Christian thing is to avoid sexual lus - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 -", not fornication. And marriage does not help with avoiding sexual lust. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigBashiru: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand why Paul's opinion causes any of what you claim. undecided

By the way, the Christian thing is to avoid sexual lus - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 -", not fornication. And marriage does not help with avoiding sexual lust. undecided

You are a confused idiot. Always claiming to be God's representative but always talking nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Husband Is A General Overseer But Sleeps With His Prayer Partners / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Man Batters His Wife Of 10 Years In Port-Harcourt. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.