Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? (2984 Views)

2023: Like Buhari, Like Amaechi Presidency / Obasanjo Stocked Inbetween Osinbajo An Amaechi / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2022
Good day everyone.

As we all know, the current minister of transportation has recently announced his intention to run for the seat of Nigeria President.

Prior to his declaration, there have been series of lobbying and plea from the South East geopolitical zone and various Igbo socio-political group for the need for an Igbo man to become the President of this nation to further cement the unity of the country. This demand is a very legitimate demand which I support.

This brings me to ask : Does an Amaechi's Presidency qualify as an Igbo Presidency considering that his state of origin belongs to the South South geopolitical zone? Although he believes/claims that he (Amaechi) is an Igbo man.

Is an average Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu man okay with Amaechi being the beneficiary of the demand and clamour for an Igbo Presidency?

After an Amaechi's Presidency (if it happens), will the call for an Igbo Presidency decline?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Gidyonz: 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
The question is self explanatory

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
Gidyonz:
The question is self explanatory
Self explanatory, how?

You didn't even answer.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Unruly7(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
What is his name?
How many states are Kanu fighting for that are Igbo region

6 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Brexxit(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
For those who don't know.

Amaechi is an ikwerre man and not Igbo, ikwerres have said it times without number they ain't Igbos.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Unruly7:
What is his name?
How many states are Kanu fighting for that are Igbo region
I don't understand your second question.

His name is Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. I believe the Chibuike there is an Igbo name.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by chiefolododo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
You see you cannot trust Amaechi...
A minister who cannot manage his ministry successfully, all the railways he built with Chinese loan are just white elephant projects to embezzle money.

The railways have not in any way benefit Nigerians or improve the nation's economy.

He said he was not contesting and suddenly he came out to declare his ambition, is that one trustworthy ?

He paid one man online , the man said if Amaechi doesn't contest he would commit suicide , because Amaechi is god or what ?

Let's check his track record as governor and as minister , is he worth voting for ?

If buhari supports him at all, it's because he financed buhari's election with Rivers money . I am of the opinion that buhari cannot reward amachu with the nation's treasury just because he is loyal slave .

Buhari's opinion on who becomes the president will not count if he support the wrong candidate.

Do not let us be bewitched.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Brexxit(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
[s]
DontBullshitMe:

His name is Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. I believe the Chibuike there is an Igbo name.
[/s]
Trash.

The fact that he bears Igbo names doesn't make him Igbo.Ikwerres are not Igbos,how many times do you want them to tell you this?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
Brexxit:
For those who don't know.

Amaechi is an ikwerre man and not Igbo, ikwerres have said it times without number they ain't Igbos.
I think you are not entirely correct on this claim. Some part of the Ikwerres believe they are Igbo and
that Ikwerre is just a sub-Igbo group. On the other hand, some parts claim they are a distinct ethnic group and only share similar cultural traits with Igbo because of their proximity.

Gov Nyesom Wike has openly claimed he isn't Igbo being an Ikwerre man that he is. We also have Amaechi, an Ikwerre man saying no one can deny him his Igbo origin.

This brings me to ask will it be fair for an Ikwerre man who strongly believes he is Igbo to be the beneficiary of the Igbo Presidency demands. Will an Ebonyi, Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu man be happy with it?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by PlayerMeji: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
Good news...

At least, the primary election is almost upon us...

When men will be separated from boys

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by PrinceOfLagos: 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
Brexxit:
[s][/s]
Trash.

The fact that he bears Igbo names doesn't make him Igbo.Ikwerres are not Igbos,how many times do you want them to tell you this?

Shut up and stop talking nonsense

Amaechi younger brother's name is Uchenna

Why Igbo names if he's not Igbo according to you ?
Ikwere no get dia own name aside Igbo name?

13 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Tinubuadvocate: 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yes he is our son he also married our daughter he can represent us.
DontBullshitMe:
Good day everyone.

As we all know, the current minister of transportation has recently announced his intention to run for the seat of Nigeria President.

Prior to his declaration, there have been series of lobbying and plea from the South East geopolitical zone and various Igbo socio-political group for the need for an Igbo man to become the President of this nation to further cement the unity of the country. This demand is a very legitimate demand which I support.

This brings me to ask : Does an Amaechi's Presidency qualify as an Igbo Presidency considering that his state of origin belongs to the South South geopolitical zone? Although he believes/claims that he (Amaechi) is an Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Yes is our son he also married our daughter he can represent us.
You are not Igbo, bros. cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Tinubuadvocate: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
I speak igbo mind bro.
DontBullshitMe:

You are not Igbo, bros. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Timmy4real: 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Is it by name? What about the Rotimi part of his name? Which tribe bears it?
DontBullshitMe:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by flokii: 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
The more the merrier.. let all of them be declaring ambition one after the other. At least one thing is clear.. nothing like Igbo presidency come 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Timmy4real:
Is it by name? What about the Rotimi part of his name? Which tribe bears it?
That was the name his Father gave him in honour of a late lawyer. Rotimi is not his tribal name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Sergio104(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ameachi is igbo.

Nothing to argue, nothing to add.

But if you feel like adding and arguing........ya palaver.

Outta here!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by flokii: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Good news...

At least, the primary election is almost upon us...

When men will be separated from boys

The real delegates for the primaries know their candidate.. Amaechi is a jester

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Brexxit(m): 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Shut up and stop talking nonsense

Amaechi younger brother's name is Uchenna

Why Igbo names if he's not Igbo according to you ?
Ikwere no get dia own name aside Igbo name?
Ikwerres can never be Igbos,the ikwerres have their own cultures and kinship system,the fact that they bear Igbo names doesn't make them Igbos,same thing with ikas too.

Get this into your flat skull.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2022
flokii:
The more the merrier.. let all of them be declaring ambition one after the other. At least one thing is clear.. nothing like Igbo presidency come 2023.
As it stands, Amaechi's chance of clinching APC presidential ticket is almost as bright as Tinubu's especially if PMB endorses him.

You never know. The question is : To you, is an Amaechi's Presidency an Igbo Presidency?

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Brexxit(m): 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

As it stands, Amaechi's chance of clinching APC presidential ticket is almost as bright as Tinubu's especially if PMB endorses him.

You never know. The question is : To you, is an Amaechi's Presidency an Igbo Presidency?
No it's not an Igbo presidency.

He is an ikwerre man from south south, Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by PrinceOfLagos: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
Brexxit:

Ikwerres can never be Igbos,the ikwerres have their own cultures and kinship system,the fact that they bear Igbo names doesn't make them Igbos,same thing with ikas too.

Get this into your flat skull.
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by gidgiddy: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Good day everyone.

Is an average Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu man okay with Amaechi being the beneficiary of the demand and clamour for an Igbo Presidency?

After an Amaechi's Presidency (if it happens), will the call for an Igbo Presidency decline?

I think its important to note that the Presidency of Nigeria rotates by geopolitical zone, not tribe. If the Presidency was about tribe, it will have to rotate amongst the 300 tribes in Nigeria, and thats not practical

Having said that, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is one of those Ikwerre men who does not deny being Igbo. But he is from the South/South

Should Amaechi become President, he will be representing the South/South Presidency even though he is Igbo.

What this means is that while Amaechi is Igbo, the South East will lay claim to Presidency next time it rotates to the South as it would be the only zone in the South yet to produce the President

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by DontBullshitMe: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2022

To you, is an Amaechi's Presidency an Igbo Presidency? Are you comfortable with Amaechi being the beneficiary of the clamour for an Igbo Presidency?
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by SirBlack999(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ikwerres are not Igbos. They have made it known countless of time. There lineage is from Benin. You can't be Igbo when it suits you.

That niggaa even bears Rotimi, does it make him Yoruba?

12 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Jymsyno: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Amaechi is Ikwerre from the south south and not Igbo from the south east. That he bears Amaechi does not make him Igbo just as Rotimi does not make him Yoruba. He is Ikwerre. When they commit a crime Nigerians call them Igbo but when good things happen to them they are Ikwerre.

12 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by SirBlack999(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
G
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by Unruly7(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

The Amaechi na Igbo name too
Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by PrinceOfLagos: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

To you, is an Amaechi's Presidency an Igbo Presidency? Are you comfortable with Amaechi being the beneficiary of the clamour for an Igbo Presidency?

Stop this mind game you this Tinubu people

Amaechi will be the flag bearer for APC in 2023 and not Tinubu

7 Likes

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by flokii: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Amaechi hasn't resigned his appointment as Minister yet.. so going by the electoral act PMB signed into law of recent, Amaechi can't contest to become president in Nigeria. Only Wike has high chances from SS and he is Ikwerre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is An Amaechi's Presidency An Igbo Presidency? by chrisxxx(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
Gents and Ladies! Listen well and get this settled.
Ikwerre is not Igbo just as Igbos are not Ikwerres. Just as Yorubas and Bini share some similarities that is same with Ikwerres and Igbos. I am Ikwerre and have done extensive research on this.
The same way igbos ha e different dialects is the same Ikwerres have. We dont speak the same dialect. We have over 10 dialects just as igbos.
Why do some Ikwerres claim to be Igbos?
Good question. The Arochukwu Confederacy had Ikwerre land under its influence. They are generally called Arnu people in Ikwerre land. They were mainly the Igbo people who maltreated the Ikwerres and made an average Ikwerre man to despise igbos. But liberation from the neocolonialism came during the civil war. At the fall of Biafra the Arnu people were targeted by some Ikwerre Communities that had hosted for years. This made them to abandon this area and headed towards Igbo mainland. Others were not attacked but out of fear of their past to their neighborhood absconded as well. However when some got to boundary communities like Isiokkpo and Elele some lenient Ikwerre men gave them refuge. This was so particularly as many of them didn't even know their home of origin in Igbo land. Among these communities that gave them land to stay they still see them as non indigenes. The Arnu descendants of these towns are the Ikwerres who make case that Ikwerre is Igbo. I have just revealed the findings of my investigation.
Amaechi might be a descendant of the Arnus. In that case he is an Ikwerre person as a result of his grandparents settlement and an Igbo man by ancestry..
Thanks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Lagos Obi Datti Rally Thread / Mrs Clara Oshiomole Forming An Ngo On Health Issues / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.