Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? (20664 Views)

Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / What Took You To The Principal's Office In Your Secondary School Days? / Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Enemyofpeace: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2022
In my secondary school days, people who sat at the back seats were known as "Council of Elders"

Most of them were older than secondary school age. They had children at home

When the teacher is teaching in class, they will be doing back up voice at the back. They also steal notes and people's textbooks alot

Even when they make noise, you dare not put their names in the list of noise makers , else you go collect

I remember when I added one of them to the list of noise makers, the eyes he used in looking at me eh, I had to remove his name immediately so that I could go home in peace and not in pieces.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Michelle70(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2022
Na there the cultists deh Sidon.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by AsomArchitectNG(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2022
The Back bench are reserved only for the senior men in the class. grin

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Eastarn: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2022
Memories

4 Likes

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by dollynnn(f): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2022
Repeaters

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Sergio104(m): 7:57am On Apr 10, 2022
we call them "Ndị odogwu".......the odogwu guys

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2022
The names plenty.
Agba Sule, Jungle, 9:11 (resume school 9am & exit at 11am), Olodo, Senior man, Giraffes cos the are tall with long necks to copy from behind.

There's actually a Sulaimon in my class at SS2 called Agba Sule. He's the leader of the back benchers. He was 21 at that time, mate with some corp members. He's stout, with moustache. He always bring shaving stick to cut the beards in class, showing us his pubic hair, chest hair & sexcapades. The guy had the experience of teachers but he's a dullard in education.

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Enemyofpeace: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
The names plenty.
Agba Sule, Jungle, 9:11 (resume school 9am & exit at 11am), Olodo, Senior man, Giraffes cos the are tall with long necks to copy from behind.

There's actually a Sulaimon in my class at SS2 called Agba Sule. He's the leader of the back benchers. He was 21 at that time, mate with some corp members. He's stout, with moustache. He always bring shaving stick to cut the beards in class, showing us his public hair, chest hair & sexcapades. The guy had the experience of teachers but he's a dullard in education.
oga na which one be public hair? Mynd44, lalasticlala,
vickyrotex, ajepako, fatymore, funjosh, bola146, folake4u and funkybabee come and see something. What is public hair?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by helinues: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2022
We called them school 2 students cos they coming to school is only by their own wish, not their parents or the teacher. Moreover, they are mostly old and taller than the normal students, them sitting at front would block so many views

Well, I used to sit not too far from front in secondary school but you see in tertiary, even if there are empty spaces at front, laye, na we dey drop background voice for lecturer..

grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Alexpre11: 8:40am On Apr 10, 2022
People
Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by olisaEze(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2022
They’re called 'back-benchers' and many of them still turned out alright. I’d know cos I was the second smallest in my class but the head back-bencher! grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by MJBOLT: 10:16am On Apr 10, 2022
School Two cool

2 Likes

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
oga na which one be public hair? Mynd44, lalasticlala,
vickyrotex, ajepako, fatymore, funjosh, bola146, folake4u and funkybabee come and see something. What is public hair?
I meant pubic hair. Na typo error.
And why you call crowd ontop my head say I do typo?
It be like say you wan make I reason your matter like the way seniors dey bully juniors in secondary school. You go see weeen!

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by OhGeeBee: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nah back senior men dey sit.
Magic finger is easier while sitting in the last row.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by fatymore(f): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
I meant pubic hair. Na typo error.
And why you call crowd ontop my head say I do typo?
It be like say you wan make I reason your matter like the way seniors dey bully juniors in secondary school. You go see weeen!

You get time o. This one na baba troll

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Nilx: 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
helinues:
We called them school 2 students cos they coming to school is only by their own wish, not their parents or the teacher. Moreover, they are mostly old and taller than the normal students, them sitting at front would block so many views

Well, I used to sit not too far from front in secondary school but you see in tertiary, even if there are empty spaces at front, laye, na we dey drop background voice for lecturer..

grin

Seems true but not 100% though.

I was a back bencher in junior school and the reason was that. In my first week straight out of primary school one idiot picked on me. He beats the hell out of my system that day and the fact that he’s failed the class, we all met him there. Omo that day I cried more than the day I was born.

Unfortunately for him, I was in class D with the last of the last student...... maybe some other day sha

Edith: So class the d has particular region of the community that is known for older and strong student cuz of their way of life.
So befriend strong but not so intelligent student by ‘helping’ them with test. So I was cool. as a teacher, you can’t touch me....... cuz teacher don’t beat back benchers in d class + I was a cool guy...... d till I left junior school. Femi lanre I know you might not see get to see this ‘you are a hero’

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Alaefulu(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sometimes I just wish I never focused more on education because those dullard and back sitter are balling and living a fulfil life now...I still never give up sha

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by careytommy37(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Back benchers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by NuclearReactor: 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
"The boys at the back" cheesycheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by mytime24(f): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
d olodo"s angry
Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by SEGLIZ: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
BBA back benches association.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Bvmsson(m): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Yea... They were called all types of names and they had bad characters too and we're mostly dullards but I became one of them when I left my former school to a new one. I wasn't dull at all and I wasn't older than 50% of my classmates... I was just in between. I was 11, 12, 13 when I was in senior secondary school. I graduated at 13 and my reason for being a back bencher was that I felt lost in the new environment. But thank God I didn't become a bad boy.
Fast forward to now i am the only person in my then class of 300 students that is studying Medicine and Surgery in a first generation University. I'm not saying I am the most intelligent amongst my classmates.. Nah... What I'm rather saying is that I was a back bencher but not dull at all... I'm was the exception to the law of back benchers.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
Back seats is usually meant for the elders (older) students grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Kobicove(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Back benchers...and they're usually the oldest in the class undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by Samirana360(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Iti mkpataka group

3 Likes

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by maureensylvia(f): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lol

We were called unserious students...
Funny enough, I was the best in class.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by geok12(f): 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
Olodo
Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by travelwaka: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
They were either called the back benchers or school 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? by shaggy007(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Back benchers

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyers Caught Writing Exams For Students, Law School DG Alleges / OAU, LASU Break Into Top 1000 World Universities Ranking 2021 - THE / Benue State University Students Write Exams In Collapsed Building (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.