Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? (26725 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / KNOW THE COST OF YOUR BUILDING PROJECT TODAY-GET YOUR BOQ &BUILDING ESTIMATES / When All You Need Are Quality Doors For Your Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by donforeign: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2022
ambr055i:

Link?? Everything they online. They have a website. They careful make one guy man non chop your money.
no guy man my brother xcept he wan die ..... I fit use And result enter Australia? ... For the site I check for some visa, Dem need some requirement and how to get am I no know...
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by ashala(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
When I started my two storey building in 2014, I had about 6 -8 million naira in my account then.

That amount got me to Roofing stage.

It took me four years to totally complete the project .
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
n3xt:

She’s my superhero!

I can imagine. Good mama is the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
Relixy2k:
It will be enough. 700k. You buy a truckload of granite, a truck load of sharp sand, 400 to 500 blocks, 25 bags of cement, digging and labour should not exceed 90k, iron rod to do the at least four pillars and payment for iron rod bender should take 60k at most etc. 700k will make it. It won't cover german floor or filling of the foundation as that can be done later.

thanks very much
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by yubeebaby: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
Started with 600k.In 2019.
Going to roofing.
Prices have gone sky high.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Thiijhay(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
#700,000
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Thiijhay(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
Started with #700,000. Now need almost 2m to roof it.. Believing God will do it before June

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by GloriousGbola: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

That's going to be something to do research on. I have a heavy hardware background before I went to software but quickly became a manager and was simply managing. I'm now retired and flee from anything that has to do with computer technology.

You should join LinkedIn and Nigeria specific groups and just read for a while. Pretty soon you'll have a good idea of where to lean into.

Good luck.

Troll mode activated

By heavy hardware background he means drawing cat 5e while sipping on bud light. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by n3xt(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
Saved247:
I have been on this Platform since 2016 without registering just reading for knowledge and fun. But this particular write-up made me a member of this forum. YOUR MOTHER IS REASONABLE AND LOVE-FILLED. One luxury i haven't enjoyed is having/lived-with physical parents since i was 6months, both are alive though.

Glad to read this. I’m forever grateful for her love and support.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Meteng: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Tonytonex:
wow! Buh, u have a land already?
Yes sir

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by MickenzyBeatz: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Didn't have much then. managed to buy 200 blocks and 4 bags of cement and did the foundation to secure the lamd land. After a long while of saving, I bought like 500 blocks and continued. After a long rest and savings, I bought more blocks to take it to lintel level and finally roofing level. I hibernated for close to 7 months to be able to save enough money for the roofing and noggin for (POP). After the roofing I disappeared and saved for like 5months before I started plumbing, burglaries (to secure the house), window frames, main entrance door and back door, soak away, etc.
I now decided to concentrate on 1[b] room[/b] inside the 3bedroom, put the toilet and the room door, plastered the room, fixed windows and net for the room.
Today I bought 6 bags of white cement and other materials for POP work in the room.
Once this is done, I'd try and put floor tiles, toilet tiles, water cistern, and I will jejely pack in.
I'd do the rest gradually once I'm in. House mata no be gra gra.
Lest I forget, I'd now find a befitting girl to be the first lady of the house �

8 Likes

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Meteng: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
Cashio:
please don't start unless you are sure to keep getting that 300k at least every 2 months. You can invest that in a business that can earn you some profits and from your earnings in the business, you can start your building project.
300k won't even finish setting out, excavation and foundation blinding. A piece of block now is over 200 naira. A bag of cement is over 4500 naira.
Foundation of a four bedroom bungalow now should take at least 600 blocks, 25-30 bags of cement, two trips 6 tonnes sharp sand, a trip of local gravel, water, up to 10 or 15 lengths of 12mm rod(if you are to reinforce the edges), another 6 lengths of 8mm for stirrups, 30 lengths of 2 by 2 for profile, lines, pegs, supervision charges, bricklaying charges, concrete casting, excavation charges, etc.
That is excluding the dpc casting or what we call German flooring.

Architect alone may charge 60-80k for drawings alone ..

Baba use you 300k chop food abeg.

Attached is a four bedroom bungalow we are currently working on at the moment.
The owner of that house has spent more than 12m at the current stage. Although his site is waterlogged anyways and we had to introduce ground beams and foundation chaining.
I quite understand you sir. What inmean to do is, buy blocks of 200 Naira each, multiplied by that amount and rest. Next is to buy 3 trips of sand, then 20 bags of cement, gather enough money for the bricklayers and start. I have land already, the architectural design is with me already. Thanks for your advice anyway , I’ve noted it. I appreciate your input. Meanwhile, that’s a beautiful house you have there. Na you draw am?

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Poleski: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
Fryzi:
I'm believing God for that someday.

Keep waiting for your imaginary god instead of working hard.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Elove1: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
I started last 3weeks with 5m and it’s on roofing level now..
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Connected1: 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
n3xt:

I do not really have much in my account when I started building. I was waiting till I muster enough fund to take the house to an appreciable level at once.

My mum asked me to borrow her N70k for her business and I did. The next thing she called to follow her to the site and I found out she has already gotten 500 pcs of blocks and 10 bags of cement. That was how we started.

She told me “You start by starting. Do all you can before your children start growing.” 1 started a year into my marriage and moved-in the next year.

I was considering starting when I have about 50% of the required fund.
Chaii I feel like crying bro.

I am a hard person but this comment touched me to my bone marrow, next month I am starting my project, make I give mumsi money now first so that them go clear the land.

Chaii, my mother has been disturbing to start but I have been hell bent on having enough money first.

Good Mothers are blessings.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Yankee101: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
n3xt:

I do not really have much in my account when I started building. I was waiting till I muster enough fund to take the house to an appreciable level at once.

My mum asked me to borrow her N70k for her business and I did. The next thing she called to follow her to the site and I found out she has already gotten 500 pcs of blocks and 10 bags of cement. That was how we started.

She told me “You start by starting. Do all you can before your children start growing.” 1 started a year into my marriage and moved-in the next year.

I was considering starting when I have about 50% of the required fund.

Power woman/mother!

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by tonididdy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Honestly about 3.5 but I wasn't eager about a house, I need a new car.
So I got a new car instead and spent the remaining 500,000 on blocks.
Next year I finished the crib and my family moved in.

My only rEgret:
I should never have included rental apartments in my property. angry

NOW I NEED ANOTHER HOUSE!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by tonididdy(m): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
MickenzyBeatz:
Didn't have much then. managed to buy 200 blocks and 4 bags of cement and did the foundation to secure the lamd land. After a long while of saving, I bought like 500 blocks and continued. After a long rest and savings, I bought more blocks to take it to lintel level and finally roofing level. I hibernated for close to 7 months to be able to save enough money for the roofing and noggin for (POP). After the roofing I disappeared and saved for like 5months before I started plumbing, burglaries (to secure the house), window frames, main entrance door and back door, soak away, etc.
I now decided to concentrate on 1[b] room[/b] inside the 3bedroom, put the toilet and the room door, plastered the room, fixed windows and net for the room.
Today I bought 6 bags of white cement and other materials for POP work in the room.
Once this is done, I'd try and put floor tiles, toilet tiles, water cistern, and I will jejely pack in.
I'd do the rest gradually once I'm in. House mata no be gra gra.
Lest I forget, I'd now find a befitting girl to be the first lady of the house �
Why buy blocks?
It's cheaper to make yours

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by GreenArrow1(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
yubeebaby:
Started with 600k.In 2019.
Going to roofing.
Prices have gone sky high.

Now imagine if you just started in 2022. You wouldn't even have finished your foundation with the current prices of materials.
You did the right thing by starting early.
Like n3xt's mom said, "you start by starting."

3 Likes

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by tonididdy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
ashala:
When I started my two storey building in 2014, I had about 6 -8 million naira in my account then.

That amount got me to Roofing stage.

It took me four years to totally complete the project .
Wow 8mil to roofing lvl of a 2storey shocked

... You won't get past decking in this new year.
I need to start a new project but I feel so uninterested.
Imagine 100 bags of cement is almost half a mil now angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by n3xt(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
Connected1:

Chaii I feel like crying bro.

I am a hard person but this comment touched me to my bone marrow, next month I am starting my project, make I give mumsi money now first so that them go clear the land.

Chaii, my mother has been disturbing to start but I have been hell bent on having enough money first.

Good Mothers are blessings.

I will forever be grateful to my mom for this. Pls send money to her for the clearing. Just start something, no matter how little.
She will continually pray for you to succeed.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by divads(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
Cashio:
please don't start unless you are sure to keep getting that 300k at least every 2 months. You can invest that in a business that can earn you some profits and from your earnings in the business, you can start your building project.
300k won't even finish setting out, excavation and foundation blinding. A piece of block now is over 200 naira. A bag of cement is over 4500 naira.
Foundation of a four bedroom bungalow now should take at least 600 blocks, 25-30 bags of cement, two trips 6 tonnes sharp sand, a trip of local gravel, water, up to 10 or 15 lengths of 12mm rod(if you are to reinforce the edges), another 6 lengths of 8mm for stirrups, 30 lengths of 2 by 2 for profile, lines, pegs, supervision charges, bricklaying charges, concrete casting, excavation charges, etc.
That is excluding the dpc casting or what we call German flooring.

Architect alone may charge 60-80k for drawings alone ..

Baba use you 300k chop food abeg.

Attached is a four bedroom bungalow we are currently working on at the moment.
The owner of that house has spent more than 12m at the current stage. Although his site is waterlogged anyways and we had to introduce ground beams and foundation chaining.

Good day bro. It's obvious you're an expert in building. Can you kindly quantify what materials would be needed for the foundation of a story building. 3bedroom. Thank you!
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by onunwa21(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Motivational speakers n the house
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by captain247: 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2022
Well you have to start a stage first like from digging the foundation to DPC level if you have enough fund. But if not start anywhere you have money. It also depends on the size of your building structure. Reason I say stage by stage is because most building Engr's charges base on stages and not as per day rate. So every cost for each stage needs to be noted down before commencement so you know you are paying workers and Engr fee for that whole stage of the building as you progress.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Connected1: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
n3xt:

I will forever be grateful to my mom for this. Pls send money to her for the clearing. Just start something, no matter how little.
She will continually pray for you to succeed.
Thanks for sharing this advice.

You don't know the numbers of mindset you have changed.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by EgunMogaji2: 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Troll mode activated

By heavy hardware background he means drawing cat 5e while sipping on bud light. grin

Walahi I hated doing that task but I wasn't groping to pay someone to do it.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Cashio(m): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
divads:

Good day bro. It's obvious you're an expert in building. Can you kindly quantify what materials would be needed for the foundation of a story building. 3bedroom. Thank you!
first, i have to see the drawing. What are the spaces provided on the ground floor?
Roughly though, you should budget about 4m if your soil is stable and won't need additional reinforcements.
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Cashio(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
Meteng:
I quite understand you sir. What inmean to do is, buy blocks of 200 Naira each, multiplied by that amount and rest. Next is to buy 3 trips of sand, then 20 bags of cement, gather enough money for the bricklayers and start. I have land already, the architectural design is with me already. Thanks for your advice anyway , I’ve noted it. I appreciate your input. Meanwhile, that’s a beautiful house you have there. Na you draw am?
yes i did the design. I am an architect.
That's a good start. I never knew you had a drawing already. But since you have a design already, the best thing is to employ the services of a professional to estimate the cost of materials and labour required to finish the foundation, the next stage is foundation to lintel level, the next is final block levelling. After that, the roof and finishings.
Having those information i stated above will aid in your planning so you don't just lay 50 blocks inside the foundation and eventually you discover that the project is beyond your capacity at this time. Mist times, that is why you see so many people start up building projects and end up not finishing it.
In some cases, most if those projects even end up swallowing the owner's means of livelihood and they end up struggling to survive.
It is always good to have an idea of what your budget should be like so you can evaluate the possibility of meeting up with such budget over a specific period of time so you don't end up wasting money to start what you cannot finish in years.
You may want to start a duplex, where as your income only permits a bungalow. Or you may want to start a 5 bedroom bungalow where by your income can only accommodate a 2 bedroom bungalow without affecting your pocket badly.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Aaay: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Just raise millions simple
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by ezzyoj(m): 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
You start building by starting it

Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by BankxxNation: 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
Shadysen:
I have no shi shi in my account right now, am fucking depressed.
hanging is not an option
Re: How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project? by Ashirioluwa: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
ambr055i:

What was the approx.cost in building the three bedroom apartment?

I don’t know the cost now because mine is over 10 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Common Building Defects In Nigeria | Vis Ideal Concept / Man Builds House For Old Poor Childless Widow In Oraifite, Imo (Pics) / Filling Station 'Set Ablaze' In Bayelsa Over Sale Of Illegally Refined Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.