Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. (459 Views)

In 7-8 Months From Now, Obi Will Shamelessly Defect To PDP / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore / Nigerian Politicians Are Clowns – Moghalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by joe54: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nigerian politicians seems to be overwhelmed with greed and want to enrich themselves and their families.
Every election season they shamelessly present themselves for public office and the confused populace cheer them up.

Who is to blame: the politicians or the followers?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by buckeyemedia: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
joe54:
Nigerian politicians seems to be overwhelmed with greed and want to enrich themselves and their families.
Every election season they shamelessly present themselves for public office and the confused populace cheer them up.

Which one be Nigerian politicians, just be honest with yourself & say we Nigerians, if your papa reach their na Empty Treasury em go leave like Willie Obiano.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by house10s2: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
because Nigerians love having them around, if i ask u now who would u vote for btw atiku, tinubu, osibanjo or a new face who haven't contested ones, u will name a old leader.

that there is where corruption starts from

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by Michelle70(m): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
joe54:

I went to a bank to withdraw 80k, the cashier gave me 90k.
I returned back the 10k but u need to see how my mind was telling me to take the cash, I had to tell myself, that this isn't right.

Politicians aren't corrupt, they are just normal.
As humans, it takes extra guts not to be corrupt

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by Ryda(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Humans are naturally corrupt not just politicians.
The genesis is from our various homes

Here in Africa corruption is at it's peak, the government frustrate citizens, and citizens frustrate each other.

Let's take the validation of the NIN for example, those useless workers charge not less than 4k to validate NIN.
They'll still be the first to condemn the government.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by janvier27(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
No effective deterrent. You can get away with almost anything. The more it is, the easier it is to get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by bibianna(f): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
I think one way to curb corruption in this country is by inviting our traditional priests for politicians to swear an oath before and after office. cool

Let us start helping ourselves!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by house10s2: 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
bibianna:
I think one way to curb corruption in this country is by inviting our traditional priests for politicians to swear an oath before and after office. cool

Let us start helping ourselves!
the ritual killing never tire u shey
Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by ivolt: 3:38am On Apr 11, 2022
joe54:

You have been brainwashed by western media.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by acorntree(m): 6:35am On Apr 11, 2022
ivolt:

You have been brainwashed by western media.

How? What he stated is true
Re: Why Are Nigerian Politicians Shamelessly Corrupt. by house10s2: 7:38am On Apr 11, 2022
acorntree:

How? What he stated is true
he doesn't know wat brain wash is

(1) (Reply)

8 APC Presidential Hopefuls Currently Aspiring To Take Over From Buhari / A Tale Of Finesse: Hon Faleke's Golden Heart And Tinubu's Presidential Ambition / Between Osinbajo Tinubu And Amaechi Who Will Emerge Victorious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.