Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter (6177 Views)

How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Man Fights Wife For Not Using Vibrator After He Traveled Abroad / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
frozen70:

If she has a good relationship with her husband families, she should take the letter to them and plead with them to consider her because of that child

But bear in mind that, his family was part of the divorce plans probably because she doesn't know how to do eye services to them, by visiting them and doing one eye service domestic chores

Then your question about divorcing in absential, he knows what he is doing so far he got his family backing

But we pray it gets solved

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mindlog: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... You dey mind am ?. Lol

If he gets prosecuted for bigamy, he will blame his Nigerian based wife as the cause of his woes. Instead of him to lay low, he is exposing himself because for the Dutch government to legalize his marriage there, he would have claimed never been married or divorced (presenting fake divorce papers)... which is clearly falsehood.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
RightToReject:
I don't want to believe that you will allow your sister to consent to his divorce request just like that, unless you don't have the wherewithal and your sister is not sincerely blameless; else, you ought to make him taste the bitter pill of treachery by any means possible before granting him the divorce he sought for.

Opportunism is evil. The idea of allowing someone who consciously comes into your life and entered a for better for worse agreement with you but still thinks that hir has the right to violate the same agreement at will and unprovoked after disorganizing you in the name of being entitled to hir rights to liberty ought not to be allowed to happen without first meting out some pernicious acts on the traitor, regardless of any material benefit expected from the separation.

What would you do if you were in his position?
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by RightToReject(m): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mariangeles:

What would you do if you were in his position?

You're not corrupt enough to know the unpalatable pernicious acts; such detail is best reserved for someone that is a bit advanced in corruption like me to avoid leading you astray unnecessarily.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by armyofone(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hummmmmm!

RightToReject:

You're not corrupt enough to know the unpalatable pernicious acts; such detail is best reserved for someone that is a bit advanced in corruption like me to avoid leading you astray unnecessarily.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Richy4(m): 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
I have seen where the problem was coming from.....The wife was IN charge of the building project... and the in-laws were left out cool...

She should get herself ready and prepared for what is coming....

But I don't see why a reasonable individual will cut all form of communication because of hear-say... Tell your sister to be strong and face whatever that he's bring squarely...let it be her 2022 challenge that she will need to tackle
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by HeyHey(f): 2:36am On Apr 12, 2022
If your sister is in Osun state, you can pm me.

First, yes he can divorce her in absentia. By using a proxy or virtual hearing.
Second, Unless he can prove that your sister is a bad mother, he can’t take the child. No court will grant a female minor to a father she hasn’t seen for years
Third, that your sister’s money is inside the building makes it as much hers as well. She just needs to know the right witnesses to call and she WILL retain the house.

Finally, she should let him go, and request for maintenance for her and the child monthly.

Most men in such circumstances loss more money, since the divorce is propelled by greed.

You can PM me. I practice in Osun
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Ishilove: 4:13am On Apr 12, 2022
May God save us from time wasters. After wasting 11 years of her life waiting for an absentee husband, the best years of her youth, he now wants to dump her and take a child that he has no connection with.

Useless men everywhere. Utterly useless.

Op, let your sis fight to keep the house and her child. That's her compensation for time wasted.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Alexgeneration(m): 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
HeyHey:
If your sister is in Osun state, you can pm me.

First, yes he can divorce her in absentia. By using a proxy or virtual hearing.
Second, Unless he can prove that your sister is a bad mother, he can’t take the child. No court will grant a female minor to a father she hasn’t seen for years
Third, that your sister’s money is inside the building makes it as much hers as well. She just needs to know the right witnesses to call and she WILL retain the house.

Finally, she should let him go, and request for maintenance for her and the child monthly.

Most men in such circumstances loss more money, since the divorce is propelled by greed.

You can PM me. I practice in Osun
Stop lying to her madam lawyer.

If her money is in the building, it will be liquidated and the proceeds will be shared accordingly.

She will not get a dime for maintenance.

The cost of the children's food,shelter, clothes and education will be borne by both parties (this might be very to enforce cos the man is not within the court's jurisdiction).
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by HeyHey(f): 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Stop lying to her madam lawyer.

If her money is in the building, it will be liquidated and the proceeds will be shared accordingly.

She will not get a dime for maintenance.

The cost of the children's food,shelter, clothes and education will be borne by both parties (this might be very to enforce cos the man is not within the court's jurisdiction).

Have you handled divorce before?, or have you handled divorce where the woman supervised the building project?

Cost of children anything is borne by the man, and alimony will be paid to the woman since the man is the adulterous party. He is married, his wife will be sued as well as third party (adulteress)

From what you have said any way, I know you have never witnessed divorce, you are not a lawyer, you are not conversant with Matrimonial Act and Matrimonial Procedure Rules. And most of all, you are saying what you lack any iota of clue about.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Explain this your laugh abeg! undecided
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Alexgeneration(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2022
HeyHey:

Have you handled divorce before?, or have you handled divorce where the woman supervised the building project?

Cost of children anything is borne by the man, and alimony will be paid to the woman since the man is the adulterous party. He is married, his wife will be sued as well as third party (adulteress)

From what you have said any way, I know you have never witnessed divorce, you are not a lawyer, you are not conversant with Matrimonial Act and Matrimonial Procedure Rules. And most of all, you are saying what you lack any iota of clue about.
Calm your tits, sweetheart.

Nigerians don't pay alimony to either of the spouses after divorce but you've handled loads of divorce cases and you don't know that.

Cost of children is borne by both parties with the parent who got custody paying less but a Judge like you don't know that.

Every divorce cases are handled for each party to get justice which boils down to custody and sharing properties JOINTLY owned but you're wrapped up in your emotions to think the Matrimonial Act is for vendetta.

PS. You don't need to be a lawyer to know the law.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Explain this your laugh abeg! undecided

Wetin you want make I do na? cheesy

You sef go read that comment again.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
RightToReject:

I swear, this was funny. grin
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
Wetin you want make I do na? cheesy
You sef go read that comment again.
grin
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by NoToPile: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ishilove:
May God save us from time wasters. After wasting 11 years of her life waiting for an absentee husband, the best years of her youth, he now wants to dump her and take a child that he has no connection with.

Op, let your sis fight to keep the house and her child. That's her compensation for time wasted.

Simple ooo

Nawa. Evil people everywhere.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
grin

You see? cheesy
That lady comments dey most times make me laugh.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
You see? cheesy
That lady comments dey most times make me laugh.
She reminds me alot of Tpia from back in the days. undecided
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
She reminds me alot of Tpia from back in the days. undecided

I wasn't from back then, so I'm not familiar with that monicker.

Although, I've read from some nairalanders that you seem like the Tpia individual.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
I wasn't from back then, so I'm not familiar with that monicker.

Although, I've read from some nairalanders that you seem like the Tpia individual.
I doubt anyone who really knew Tpia, and myself, would ever consider us similar in anyway. I used to be hyperpolitical, something Tpia wasn't even though she was a regular in the politics sections. undecided

She was more able to connect to people on a personal level than I could... she has records on people even to somewhat disturbing levels, and I was just this person focused on discussing just the issue of the day and not much else. Her quarrels always left me wondering if she knew some of the folks intimately cause I was always like clueless as to what going on anytime she got on someone's case. undecided

Yeah, I used to be really disconnected back then. This new me is a friendlier less hyperactive version of who I used to be.. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I doubt anyone who really knew Tpia, and myself, would ever consider us similar in anyway. I used to be hyperpolitical, something Tpia wasn't even though she was a regular in the politics sections. undecided

She was more able to connect to people on a personal level than I could... she has records on people even to somewhat disturbing levels, and I was just this person focused on discussing just the issue of the day and not much else. Her quarrels always left me wondering if she knew some of the folks intimately cause I was always like clueless as to what going on anytime she got on someone's case. undecided

She was that infamous? Yikes!

Yeah, I used to be really disconnected back then. This new me is a friendly version of who I used to be.. undecided

I like this you.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

She was that infamous? Yikes!
I like this you.
I would instead say she was interesting because sometimes when you get her, you get her, but when you don't... don't bother, just move on. undecided

I like this me too cause I am less ADHD and less political. grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mariangeles(f): 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I would instead say she was interesting because sometimes when you get her, you get her, but when you don't... don't bother, just move on. undecided

I like this me too cause I am less ADHD and less political. grin
OK.

This you is active, yet calm.
Your aura is pleasant too. I'm attracted to it. cheesy
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

OK.
This you is active, yet calm.
Your aura is pleasant too. I'm attracted to it. cheesy
Yeah, I am all-round better than I used to be, and who would think abandoning everything would bring peace ..... I am glad I did it. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by egojeny1(f): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ishilove:

Gbamest!!!
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by OG2BGR8(m): 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2022
How do you go about authentication/attestation of the documents at the ministry of foreign affairs?
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Atk1nson(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Good evening Nairalanders, please I don't want to bore you with much stories, I just need a legal advice from lawyers on the FORUM. my sister who has been Legally married 8years ago to this guy, I wasn't around during their wedding because I work far away maiduguri then, the wedding took place in OSUN STATE, few months she gave birth, this guy travelled abroad on invitation visa by his family members, the guy has shown so much responsibility as a man and as a father at the beginning when he first arrived at his current country home of residence, my sister always told me how he use to send money for her and her child(only daughter) upkeep and communication was good between them, sometime in 2014, this guy having learned I work in Abuja, he personally contacted me and told me his plan to take his wife with him to abroad that he will need my assistance to help Authenticate all my sister's documents from Federal ministry of foreign affairs which I did, probably this doesn't go down well with family members or God knows what happened this guy sundenlly make U-turn and stop communicating with my sister, after several findings, he claimed his family had told him my sister was lying to collect money from him and spending such recklessly! That's her offence which he stated in the divorce letter. When I got the story like over five years ago, I heavily criticize my sister believing she must have done something worse than that for her husband to suddenly take Such action against her but what brought my interest in the case was when she sent me copy of divorce letter and I read through, I can't pinpoint to any serious offence she might have committed to warrant divorce all his excuses was baseless and earsay as the husband in question has never return back to nigeria since he travelled and from information my sister got, the husband secretly married to another wife in abroad Netherland to be precise while he still legally married to my sister here in nigeria.
My question now are:
- is it possible to divorce a woman in
absentia?
- The husband was requesting the custody of the only child the marriage produced to take to abroad, in my opinion I objected to that since the husband has married to another wife over there,the safety of the child is important.
- she's currently living in the house they
both built together which she
superviced during construction! They both contributed to the project while the husband was also sending money to build. Will she
be sent packing without any form of compensation?
Please MOD should please help me push to the front page to to have legal interpretation to the issue. Thanks i will be in comment section to take your advice. Ignor any error and advise

if you have evidence or can confirm he is maried, he is in trouble. Polygamy is a criminal offence in Europe. He will likely get deported
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by yinkeys(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2022
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mindlog: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2022
yinkeys:
I repeat
No man will leave a good woman because they’re scarce.
The man was obviously enduring rubbish
Even if he got married to another woman because of green or blue card, trust me he’d always return to his wife back home

No man will leave? shocked

In this story, the man is at a disadvantage if the Nigerian wife is conscious of the law because " the husband secretly married to another wife in abroad Netherland to be precise while he still legally married to my sister here in nigeria".......All she needs to do is go to the Dutch Embassy in Nigeria and present their marriage certificate, the guy will be arrested by the Dutch police because he would have claimed to be single for him to get married in the Netherlands.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by yinkeys(m): 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mindlog:

No man will leave? shocked

In this story, the man is at a disadvantage if the Nigerian wife is conscious of the law because " the husband secretly married to another wife in abroad Netherland to be precise while he still legally married to my sister here in nigeria".......All she needs to do is go to the Dutch Embassy in Nigeria and present their marriage certificate, the guy will be arrested by the Dutch police because he would have claimed to be single for him to get married in the Netherlands.
Do you know what a good woman/wife is ?
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mindlog: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
yinkeys:

Do you know what a good woman/wife is ?

No, please do tell me.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Good evening Nairalanders, please I don't want to bore you with much stories, I just need a legal advice from lawyers on the FORUM. my sister who has been Legally married 8years ago to this guy, I wasn't around during their wedding because I work far away maiduguri then, the wedding took place in OSUN STATE, few months she gave birth, this guy travelled abroad on invitation visa by his family members, the guy has shown so much responsibility as a man and as a father at the beginning when he first arrived at his current country home of residence, my sister always told me how he use to send money for her and her child(only daughter) upkeep and communication was good between them, sometime in 2014, this guy having learned I work in Abuja, he personally contacted me and told me his plan to take his wife with him to abroad that he will need my assistance to help Authenticate all my sister's documents from Federal ministry of foreign affairs which I did, probably this doesn't go down well with family members or God knows what happened this guy sundenlly make U-turn and stop communicating with my sister, after several findings, he claimed his family had told him my sister was lying to collect money from him and spending such recklessly! That's her offence which he stated in the divorce letter. When I got the story like over five years ago, I heavily criticize my sister believing she must have done something worse than that for her husband to suddenly take Such action against her but what brought my interest in the case was when she sent me copy of divorce letter and I read through, I can't pinpoint to any serious offence she might have committed to warrant divorce all his excuses was baseless and earsay as the husband in question has never return back to nigeria since he travelled and from information my sister got, the husband secretly married to another wife in abroad Netherland to be precise while he still legally married to my sister here in nigeria.
My question now are:
- is it possible to divorce a woman in
absentia?
- The husband was requesting the custody of the only child the marriage produced to take to abroad, in my opinion I objected to that since the husband has married to another wife over there,the safety of the child is important.
- she's currently living in the house they
both built together which she
superviced during construction! They both contributed to the project while the husband was also sending money to build. Will she
be sent packing without any form of compensation?
Please MOD should please help me push to the front page to to have legal interpretation to the issue. Thanks i will be in comment section to take your advice. Ignor any error and advise

She better off signing the divorce papers, reality is they have been separated for 7 years or he has never returned ever since and you still call it a valid marriage ? who stays 7 years without sex?

Reality is they divorced long back due to years of not physically not seeing each other.

I dont think he will fight over the house they built, he has higher chance to built another house and also he can leave as part of compersenation to the wife.

As per child, it depends how he wants to deal with it i.e per culture or law, law favours the mom most african culture favour the father

Then the other side is education, ecomonically and exposed, allowing the child to go to her father, in netherlands were those 3 i meantioned are better off in netherlands than nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery / Old Man Caught Defiling A Little Girl **photos** / Exquisite And Durable Furnitures For Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.