Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? (14107 Views)

Latest Tricks And News On Fashion And Styles / Enter Here For The Best Deals On Fashion Items (shoes, Cloths, Wristwatches Etc) / Golden Toilet-Seat And Car - Too Much Money? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by mimi2033: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2011
Every season, the great fashion houses of Europe and United States present their new collections in the hope of persuading people to renew their wardrobes by purchasing the latest designs.

In my opinion one does not have to be a slave to fashion in order to look smart.

To start with, following the latest trends in fashion can be extremely expensieve. This is especially true for those who buy costly designer clothing. There is also a risk of getting into debt in order to keep up with the latest fashions.

Followers of fashion often give up their individuality for the sake of fashion. They choose clothes which suit neither their figures nor thier personalities. This is unfortunate, as the way we dress should reflect who we really are.

On the other hand, some people argue that it is necessary to dress fashionably in order to create the correct image for their careers. This is particularly true of those that the latest faschions are the most appropiate, however. Simple but well-made clothes are almost always the best choice for business wear.

I strongly believe that it is advisable to dress with style by choosing good quality clothes which suit you as an individual and have lasting elegance. As the famous designer Coco Chanel put it : "Fashion is made to become unfashionable." So instead of changing your wardrobe constantly, isn't it better to build up a collection of clothes which you can always wear ?
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by Patnoble: 9:44am On Jul 06, 2011
I dont see why people should all base there attensions on fashion!fashion!fashion!!!!!!!!,the ladies are fashion adict but i cant just immagine seeing the man doing the same, grin smiley
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by mimi2033: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2011
I think it comes of women's vanity and jealousy
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by DeepSoul(f): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2011

@OP: NO!

Not when 4.7 million Nigerian children of primary school age are still not in school.

Maybe after these kids get a decent education, I can rethink my answer. . .
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by multibabe(f): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2011
where your treasure is there lies your heart, if all your purpose in life is to follow fashion trends carry go, after what is the use if you very beautifull outside and your inside is rotten?
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by blank(f): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2011
I hate fashion. Its such a pity. embarassed
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by DASLEEKY: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2011
it's much worse in the western world, Every body seems so vain, The aesthetic value is far more important than any other value of an item/person,
so you'll hear words like "oh he cute, omg she so fine, you smell good, that's so nice, "
how about "you do
have a warm smile" for a change, was surprised the only thing my doctor(An Iranian american) had to say about her president (iran's Ahmadinejad) is "isn't he such a handsome man?" even though she can't stand him being in power,

So yeah those compliments makes folks wanna keep up with the Jones @ all cost oh,
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by spikedcylinder: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
#isityourmoney
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by johnjoel(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2011
fashion and desighning not when we are still seeing this shocked tongue

Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by iice(f): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
No. . .but then again, it's their choice *shrugs*
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by alexola20(m): 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by PupetMasta(m): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2011
I believe everybody has a vice, be it fashion, food or gadget. I personally don't like fashion, I just can't be bothered with it. To put together a wardrobe of office wears is hard work for me, but I will change my gadgets in a blink of an eye. I have this urge to change my gadgets (phones, laptop, tv etc) every year. Fashion also has the same feeling on some people, and they will spend a lot of money and time to acquire it. Things like this make the world more fun and balance.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by iice(f): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
PupetMasta:

I believe everybody has a vice, be it fashion, food or gadget. I personally don't like fashion, I just can't be bothered with it. To put together a wardrobe of office wears is hard work for me, but I will change my gadgets in a blink of an eye. I have this urge to change my gadgets (phones, laptop, tv etc) every year. Fashion also has the same feeling on some people, and they will spend a lot of money and time to acquire it. Things like this make the world more fun and balance.

True.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by mimi2033: 2:56am On Jul 08, 2011
"where your treasure is there lies your heart, if all your purpose in life is to follow fashion trends carry go, after what is the use if you very beautifull outside and your inside is rotten?"

i agree with you!!!
we are often attracted to one who is quite fashionable ,but once we find him an ugly heart ,it will make us feel much more disgusting
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by beespak7(m): 5:35am On Jul 08, 2011
Any body that has the money, and time can buy all the latest fahion wears he or she she wants looking good is always nice if you can afford it
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by DaDoctor: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^^YES ,SO LONG AS THEY WOULD CARRY THEM ALONG WHEN THEY DIE^^^
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by rubi(f): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
If You can afford it ride on. Looking good is good anytime anyday
You come to this world/life only but once

The way you dress is the way you will be addressed
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by oladayo042: 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2011
Na person wey don eat finish dey follow fashion now.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2011
Everything in moderation. Then again, it's their money.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by Gbenge77(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2011
One needs to spend a decent amount to look good.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by kandiikane(m): 2:50am On Aug 17, 2011
If I have the money to spend on fashion I will spend, spend, spend, spend as much as I like. If I want to look good and I have the money I will spend even if I have to find a sugar daddy.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 17, 2011
[size=68pt]YES[/size]
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by pleep(m): 4:18am On Aug 17, 2011
I like retro suits & shoes  grin

but anyway, when i see a dude wearing the latest in fashion, around here thats Plaid shorts and sperry boat shoes i loose a little bit of respect for them.

as for womens clothing, its getting hotter and hotter every year shocked
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 17, 2011
nope.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by chika98: 4:24am On Aug 17, 2011
Chasing trends is a waste of time. As someone said "Fashion is what you're fed every season but style is what you choose out of it"

Don't care much for trends. I'd rather wear things that fit and look good.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by pcp: 5:48am On Aug 17, 2011
Http://quazen.com/shopping/clothing/top-fashion-tips-for-teens/
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by xpizzy(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2011
There is no second chance for a first impression as such we are suppose to be fashionable stylish and trendy looking good is serious business and u need to project a good image in other to be successful make no mistake people judge you with appearance
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by cee1(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2011
if it is done for the sake of others, then its an insecurity issue. however, if it is done within a person's means and because it is what makes them happy, then by all means.
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by xpizzy(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2011
@cee1 try attending an interview with an oversize suit and faded shirt with an awkward looking tie. The interviwer will gladly give u d job i guess
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by bukalence: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2011
some men are crazy about fashion too, its nt just the women thing! BUT whichever way, fashion aint just worth spending so much money on. wink
Re: Should People Spend Much Money And Time On Fashion? by cee1(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2011
xpizzy:

@cee1 try attending an interview with an oversize suit and faded shirt with an awkward looking tie. The interviwer will gladly give u d job i guess

I have interviewed and hired people dressed worse than you have described. These people proved beyond reasonable doubt that they were capable. Not saying it does not matter how they appear, and i get your point, but it does not matter as much as you may imagine.

My previous comment does not advocate shabby fashion outlook, it just recommends not purchasing an $8000 Armani suit to keep up with the joneses, if a $200 one will suffice, when you only make $30k a year.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rita Dominic On The Cover Of Complete Fashion Magazine / Ladies: what do you carry or keep in your hand bags? / Miss World 2006: Please Vote For Miss Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.