Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? (13171 Views)

Which should I choose? HELP!!! / Marketing Or Engineering, Which Should I Choose? / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by idmicheal20: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2022
Good morning Professionals

Please, I need your advice on this issue.

My passion is to be a Human Resource Personnel but I'm currently working as a student recruitment officer for a traveling agency and I'm also volunteering for a consulting firm as a recruitment intern. I want to have a tech skill that will serve as a side or mainstream of income.

A good nairalander shared his Udemy log in detail with me to learn data analysis, my current company is also training me on email and social media marketing and I also came across a google digital marketing course I can learn for free. I'm confused about which one I should major in between digital marketing and data analysis

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by KingAbdulazeez: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2022
Both

4 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Stephen0mozzy: 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
Read up on both of them and compare their pros and cons against your strengths and weaknesses.

If your question is about which of them will make it easier for you to find a job or monetary gains QUICK... Just stick with digital and Social Media Marketing.

They both require different parts of the brain lol

3 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Omoogah: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!

Job Tittle: GRADUATE TRAINEE
GRADUATE ASSOCIATES

Responsibilities
• Ability to participate in on-the-job training wherever possible.
• Performing office duties as required by the supervisor
• Taking part in meetings, workshops, and team-building events.
• Ensuring that day to day experiences are taken note of as well as keeping a log of things learned.
• Creating reports and making presentations
• Get familiar with personnel duties
Participate in company’s strategic planning
• Adopt to different working environments and team cultures;
• Make sound judgments and make effective, timely decisions;
• Involvement in Hr duties
• Be positive and courageous and seek opportunities to learn and develop

REQUIREMENTS
. Shows adaptability, willingness to learn new skills and commitment to exceptional delivery
. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
. Be innovative and creative

Educational Qualifications
OND, HND, BSC from any reputable institution.

Apply by sending your CV to the mail below using the job description as subject of the mail: splatter.careers@gmail.com
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by idmicheal20: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
Read up on both of them and compare their pros and cons against your strengths and weaknesses.

If your question is about which of them will make it easier for you to find a job or monetary gains QUICK... Just stick with digital and Social Media Marketing.

They both require different parts of the brain lol

Getting a Job with decent monetary compensation is the main reason I'm asking this question.

thanks very much
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by arthurwillia(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
Data analysis but I don’t know anything about it so take my advise at your own peril

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Microsports: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
go for digital marketing..i believe it is easier to make money from it and it is easier to learn,data analysis is on its own,the day my friend sent me some pdf on data analysis to learn,as I open am I come day wonder whether I drink bcus everything just day somehow for my eye
I have Lenovo laptop for sale(8gb 500hdd core i7 good ba3 life,very neat,price is 120k location is owerri

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by omoredia: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Both
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by KingLennon(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anybody can be a marketer but not everyone can be an analyst

I don't know what am saying o.. . �

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Ayofe7: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by kenny714433(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2022

Please anyone good and working in a Data analysis field should just coach me na.
I have gotten the required skills. I can do anything with Excel and Power BI, currently brushing up on Python courses.

I promise I won't be a bother as I am a very fast learner. I need a job in the field.

11 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by eedriyz(m): 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Data Analysis, of course. You can always come back to learn Digital Marketing

4 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by vengertime: 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Data analysis.

It's crazy how many companies are looking for data analyst.

Last week I was doing networking and installation job for a new company office. And I heard the MD talking about needing a data analyst.
I quickly told her I know someone who is good at it. She said ok the person should come and see her,

I went home and told my landlord daughter that I know is in that line that I will help her get a job. As they said the rest is history.

The company is starting full time next month

9 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Moz22: 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hmm
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Seyiemath(m): 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
mmm! Please, go online and Google "is data analysis part of marketing" and "the difference between digital marketing and data analysis." Get acquainted with the information you find and come back here to clarify. I'm willing to learn.

In all modesty, I own and run fullstack digital marketing agency and I am a facilitator/CEO of a digital marketing training program. So, I should be abreast of tech trends. Except there is something I am missing here.

Educate me.
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by iCauseTrouble: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Choose Data Analysis.
You can also choose to apply the knowledge of Data Analysis in Digital Marketing

4 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by hapholaby: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Contact me on Linkedin "Abdul Afolabi" if you need mentorship in data analysis

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Sltp: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
Microsports:
go for digital marketing..i believe it is easier to make money from it and it is easier to learn,data analysis is on its own,the day my friend sent me some pdf on data analysis to learn,as I open am I come day wonder whether I drink bcus everything just day somehow for my eye
I have Lenovo laptop for sale(8gb 500hdd core i7 good ba3 life,very neat,price is 120k location is owerri
Digital marketing is also broad and can also involve some programming, depending on how deep inside you want to go though

2 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by oteneaaron(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
You can be a digital marketer and still take your skills a step further by learning data analysis to become a digital marketing analyst.

A digital marketer who is also a data analyst is HOT CAKE in the tech ecosystem.

4 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Irupetepete: 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Data analysis hard like mad o

2 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by SpatialKing(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Data Analytics any time

1 Like

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by ATEAMS: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Both
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by seunny4lif(m): 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Data Analytic is daddy oooh and you can switch to Data Scientist later in life

3 Likes

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by hormodupsy(f): 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ask me about affiliate marketing, currently giving out a discount of 10k to 10 people. Chat me on WhatsApp 09156326035
Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by Babsolala: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
idmicheal20:
Good morning Professionals

Please, I need your advice on this issue.

I'm confused about which one I should major in between digital marketing and data analysis

Thanks

I would advice you go for data analysis. It's a very interesting field. Data analysts can help businesses make informed decisions.

To analyze data, you need to know exactly what you are looking for, and you might bump into other interesting discoveries or patterns in the course of this.
The field is broad and the demand for data analysts in the medical, financial, business and other fields is on the increase.

There are different data analysis packages that you can learn, some of which include Excel, Python, R, etc.
Truth is you need to have at least basic knowledge of mathematics, statistics, probability, and basic programming skills to learn some of these but they are not difficult. Remember, I wrote "basic", so this should not scare you or anyone. It's fun.

Imagine you got hold of sales data of your company, did some analysis and shared your results with your bosses, helping them see why they have been making losses, products or services that have helped them rake in the highest profits, where and what adjustments to make, and the future trend of the business. You would be an asset.

First things first:
Know and understand yourself, what drives you, and the kind of problems that you want to help people solve before deciding on either digital marketing or data analysis.
I wish you the best.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Digital Marketing Or Data Analysis, Which Part Should I Choose? by jideflows(m): 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Microsports:
share the pdf file with us

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Hope Dims For Workers / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? / Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.