Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt (464 Views)

Fire Razes Boats At Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty In Rivers State, Many Feared Dead / Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video) / Pictures Of Five Cowries Terminal: A Beautiful Jetty in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt by ThankGodkel3: 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
Several people were reportedly killed in an early morning fire at the famed Bonny-Bille-Nembe jetty in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, including a pregnant mother and a toddler.

Several children and about 30 people are said to have been killed after the fire at the Bonny-Nembe Jetty in Port Harcourt destroyed three local market boats and about a hundred-passenger speed boats, according to an eyewitness.

The fire, which began about 2 a.m. on Monday, is also claimed to have destroyed several fiber and wooden boats.

The eyewitness said that some workers were trying to pump out water from the market boat when they suddenly heard an explosion.

The eyewitness also said the fire which began at 2am on Monday, was fuelled by several gas cylinders in most of the boats that docked at the jetty.

Meanwhile, a woman who escaped the fire with her two children, told reporters that she lost her five months old baby in the fire, with tears in her eyes.

The cause of the enormous fire has yet to be known as at the time of this report.

https://multiblog247.com.ng/2022/04/11/tears-as-fire-roast-several-people-at-a-port-harcourt-jetty/

Re: Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt by God1000(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Disheartening
Re: Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt by qekng40(f): 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mayday, take cover ooo
Re: Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt by Rastaramsey(m): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thats what's up mah niggarr

Nigeria should be included in the 1000 ways to die...

Bad news everywhere...

Travel by road- bandits
Travel by air- crash
Travel by sea- pirates
Travel by rail- attack

Omo this Nigeria is something else...
Re: Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt by Karlovich: 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
embarassed Buhari has struck again!!
Re: Tears As Fire Kill Scores Of People At Bonny-nembe Jetty In Port Harcourt by DitariDisciple2: 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
What!!!!! Nembe Jetty is filled up with my friends.
I was once a worker there.
Even till last month.
Driving market boats to Bonny.
Let me start to call them.
A lot of my Ijaw people from Ibani, Wakirike, Nembe, Akassa, Bille etc may have been affected.
Let me call them.
A very sad day for my Ijaw Nation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Traveling From Nigeria To Michigan Between July 26-28??? / Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. / Lokoja Flood Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.