Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Tiger Woods Set To Play The British Open After Completing Masters Comeback - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tiger Woods Set To Play The British Open After Completing Masters Comeback (137 Views)

Accident: Tiger Woods Suffers Multiple Leg Injuries After California Car Crash / Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m) / Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tiger Woods Set To Play The British Open After Completing Masters Comeback by MrOjay1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
Tiger Woods has confirmed he will play in
the British Golf Open after completing a
miracle Masters comeback.

Woods was humbled by the
“unbelievable’’ reaction from the Masters
Tournament crowd at Augusta National
on Sunday (Monday NZ time).
The five-time Masters champion carded a
final round 78 on Sunday (Monday NZ
time) to finish 13 and over for the
tournament.

He later confirmed he would look to play
at the Open Championship at St Andrews’
Old Course in Scotland in July.
"I won't be playing a full schedule ever
again, it'll be just the big events," Woods
told Sky Sports.
"I am looking forward to St Andrews.
That is something that is near and dear to
my heart. I've won two Opens there, it's
the home of golf, it's my favourite golf
course in the world. I will be there for
that one."

The 46-year-old received an ovation from
the Augusta crowd as he walked off the
course to complete his 24th Masters
Tournament just 14 months after
suffering serious injuries in a car crash in

The packed gallery had watched Woods
recover a double bogey on the 17th to
par the 18th, with his birdie putt just
failing to drop.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/golf/128326442/tiger-woods-set-to-play-the-british-open-after-completing-masters-comeback

(1) (Reply)

NFF, Sports Ministry Disagree Over Peseiro / Papers: There Are No Desires For Manchester United To Extend Pogba Contract / XAVI: We Missed A 'golden Opportunity'. La Liga Is Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.