Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! (9565 Views)

Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra / Youth Trooped Out In Abuja To Get Their PVC (pix, Video) / Show Your PVC And Collect Free Fuel And Food, Kerosene In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Foolishbuhari: 7:51am On Apr 12, 2022
Good morning my people. I currently live in the south east and I must say that people's interest in the electoral process, or even getting their PVC is very low!

Just last night, I engaged my barber- a young man and his friends. A salon filled with youths and they didn’t even care. Talmbout "votes don't count". "Northerners will determine president" and some other BS.

Understandably, IPOB ideology and propaganda is strong but ask yourself who stands to lose more? The south east of course.

- The region's elders are currently going about the country canvassing for Igbo presidency.

- There are a couple of good names from the SE who have already indicated interest and are fully in the race as presidential hopefuls, not VP.

- The major choke hold on them is "your people don't come out to vote, we don't want to miss our chance". This is especially so, for the major opposition party.

Will you blame the people saying this, no! Figures are there to speak, but we won't go into those, so this doesn't become an epistle. Let's do justice to the two major topics raised.

1. Do votes count? The answer is yes! If votes didn't count, why do politicians spend so much trying to buy votes? A bulk of electoral expenses goes into vote buying, with a vote going for 5-10k in some places. Also with the new electoral act, rigging an election is no longer as easy or feasible as it used to.

2. Northerners determine the president: That's another fat lie! The north may have some controversial figures but history has busted this fallacy over and over again. Only the north has NEVER produced a president in this country. Buhari had his so-called "11 million" votes from the north, yet failed at every electoral outing, until some persons from the south and NC joined him, to plunge Nigeria into what it is right now.

Like I told some persons who cared to listen during build up to Anambra polls, the elections must happen and someone must win. Who wins is as a result of your actions or inactions.

Who wins determines your lot for the next 4 to 8 years and would also determine, if you'd get shot in the streets like dogs, if you as much as protest any wrongs meted on you.

Myself and some associates are planning a movement to sensitize youths on the need to get involved. Please, people from the SE should do the same. Before you dash anyone money, let them show you their PVC!

You in the diaspora, before you send them money at home, let them show you their PVC! Let this thing be driven through the corners of Alaigbo. Voter apathy pays no one but corrupt politicians!

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Golan007: 7:55am On Apr 12, 2022
grin

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by gidgiddy: 8:00am On Apr 12, 2022
People have been voting since 1960 with nothing to show for it

But some people are still calling them to come and vote

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by pinkPUSSY(f): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2022
gidgiddy:
People have been voting since 1960 with nothing to show for it

But some people are still calling them to come and vote
Where has election boycott led us to ?

Why not try through political process this time around, then keep pursuing your Ultimate goal ?

See let me tell you, the power still lies on the electorates..
There is this kind of massive votes one could have, even your opponent that's is rigging election snatching ballot boxes won't see the light of the day...

APC deeply rigged an election in Oyo state, yet PDP still defeated them....

Just like at SE votes, it's expected that as population grows, the number of voters grows as well..
But SE case is different, since 1999 the turn out of electorates is decreasing instead of increasing...

Very unfortunate!!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by BSdetective: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2022
Just pray esn/ipob doesn't attack them on their way to vote.

In the words of Mazi Kanu; No lefulendum, no erection. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by gidgiddy: 8:06am On Apr 12, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

Where has election boycott led us to ?

Why not try through political process this time around, then keep pursuing your Ultimate goal ?

Where has elections led us to?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by 9jayes: 8:10am On Apr 12, 2022
We’re not voting until we burn all d barracks/stations and kill all d security forces in Alaigbo
tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Topmaike007(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2022
Ok
Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by money121(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2022
Ok
Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Done and dusted!

On the mandate of Mr Peter Obi we stand!!!

If you don't like it, you can grind your head on the wall.

Whoever this ROCK falls on will never remain the same again. 2023, YEAR OF THE ROCK!!!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by DenreleDave(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
i am not voting for anybody

3 Likes

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by crackhouse(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Y.
I just dey front page when this topic drop for my presence and I quickly type Y thinking that I am the first to comment but by the time I went back to reply to edit and make my comment I discovered I am not even the 7th. Na so una dey do for here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by JooEeL(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by pinkPUSSY(f): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
gidgiddy:

Where has elections led us to?

I have modified, read my comment above again ?....

Meanwhile, where has election boycott led us to ?

This is the best time for us to come out in mass to vote for one of our own...

Igbos haven't been Flagbearers of major political party since the return of democracy..

If our son emerges as a Flagbearer of any of the party and we still boycott an election again because of IPOB, honestly Ipob will find it very hot to stay in the SE again...

The reason some people are boycotting is probably because we haven't presented our candidate, if we present our candidate and IPOB still says anything about boycott, trust me Ipob won't find it funny..

Let's be wise pls..

Don't miss this opportunity

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by BafanaBafana: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
National politics is not a thing of the SE. Peter Obi is what Nigeria needs right now, but Igbos have burnt so many Bridges that he stands no chance.
Osibanjo would be my second choice, but the way Tinubu media is coming at him, I don't think he has the capacity to survive. Tinubu had been preparing for this for 7 years now. He will do anything!
If Wike becomes president, insecurity will end. The guy doesn't play with all these security forces.
Amaechi must not become president. He is an extension of the tenure of the cabal sucking our country.
Emiefele is like a Mafia Banker. They like him so much for how he has been helping them steal and covering for them. He is the most uninspiring CBN governor we have ever had.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by fastseo: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
I don't know if it's deliberately done to make PVC unavailable or stressful to collect in South East.
You get to the local Government you see queue and only few people issuing.

I could remember in 2011 or thereabouts where voters card were issued in polling units, even in markets etc.
Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by ignis: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
South Easterners prefer to get the Biafran card instead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by geonnie(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2022
i hope they heed to this advise

1 Like

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by STEWpid(f): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Chai

So everyone in the North already have their PVC?

Then why is the rest of the South not included?

People in the East are also enlightened and have their PVC; they vote too.

It mainly shows the disparity of where political hoody games can be played.

In the North, political gladiators will not stress themselves. Just by the click of their fingers, all of them will gush out.

In the rest of the South, they can be mobilized with reason.

In the East, they play only Regional politics, which is why they're not making it far.

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Skillsnigeria: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Ok
Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Umueme: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Ok

No mind them. the feeling that Ndi Igbo are marginalized has led to this attitude and nonchalance. But thinking that votes doesnt count is sheer stupidity.

Watch NTA on any election day, and see Northerners more shriveled than Tinubu queuing up to vote.

Meanwhile we in the southeast relax and say 'votes dont count'. If it doesn't count, why do they bribe you at your polling booth?

iberibe

#My_Opinion

10 Likes

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Tinubuadvocate: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2022
We are not interested in presidential elections please
Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by chukwuibuipob: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2022
grin No lefulefu NO ERECTION angry angry in Shout East angry angry sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by maestroferddi: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2022
We are spreading the message...

The Igbos must shun their infamous apolitical disposition so as to change the narrative.

If you are complaining of Buhari and APC's misgovernance and yet have no PVC, then you deserve what you get...

7 Likes

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by SIMONEKPA7: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2022
smiley
We wont vote and be voted for in the Zoo....... Any Igbo son who tries to contest for elective position will be treated as a Sabo.
Buhari must the feel heat of the Sit at Home

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Coldie(m): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2022
cheesy cheesy That day Simon Ekpa will declare seat at home lol

No referendum no election

50years later referendum una never see

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! by Validated: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2022
Show your PVC and get N3k will be a mobilization tool in the East.

Try it and thank me later.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello's Chief Of Staff, Asuku Trains Youths, Empowers New Graduates / Arewa Democratic Watch Says Tinubu's Aspiration Is Unfavourable To The North / Protest: Private Sector Begs Tinubu Regime, NLC, TUC Not To Disrupt Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.