Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? (181 Views)

The Vehicle That Killed Goodluck Jonathan's Aides (Video, Pictures) / Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Tolulope Arotile: Nehemiah Adejoh Drove The Vehicle That Killled NAF Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? by Carmartng: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2022
The mention of the phrase “unknown gunmen” immediately ignites fear and terror in the minds of any Nigerian. While some regions of the country have been experiencing cases of unrest and insecurity, Eastern Nigeria is another place that is building dread in the minds of car users and travellers.

While unknown gunmen have become prevalent in Eastern Nigeria, some parts of the East feel the terror and pressure more than others. Aguata/Orumba Axis of Anambra State, the boundary between Anambra and Imo State, has become the dwelling spot for their operations.

In late February, a Nigerian man, Melie Ajuluchuku, took to social media to warn road users, drivers, and car owners about this new death spot within Orsumoghu-Azia-Ihiala road. He says, “Danger, Keep off Ukpor-Lilu-Orsumoghu-Azia-Mbosi Road, in Anambra State, it is a death trap.” He continues to recount how his brother-in-law, Chief Gab Ofoma (Ojemba Enweilo Nnewi), was gunned down in cold blood as his driver made a detour (due to traffic) from the Onitsha-Owerri highway en route to Port Harcourt.

This area is a danger zone where unknowing drivers and travellers fall prey to the gunmen.

Last Saturday, a Joint Task Force formed by the Nigerian Army and Navy led a raid into this danger zone, which resulted in the raid of the alleged hideout of the gunmen. During this operation, several items were recovered, including stolen vehicles, charms, and food items. The raid also resulted in the burning down of a stationed bulldozer serving as a block to the camp’s entrance.

As though that exacerbated the rage of these gunmen, On Sunday, a church driver conveying members to Anambra fell prey to these gunmen. The driver, who survived the attack and preferred to be addressed as Sunny, gave an account of his experience.

“The encounter was along the Aguata/Orumba Axis. We were headed to an Anglican church in Anambra state when the gunmen violently stopped our vehicle. “I was led out of my car and into a deep bush while the church members riding with me were led somewhere else by some of the gunmen.

“I was led at gunpoint to see the leader of the gunmen. On getting there, the place was filled with several charms, weapons, and Indian hemp. I was asked to provide ₦150,000, which I fearfully told them I only had ₦150 in my pocket. At that moment, I felt it’d become the end of me.

“After a long time of calmly explaining that we were en route to a church in Anambra, we were released but not without a warning to not return to this route. I couldn’t believe we left scot-free because not many people have passed through this ordeal without experiencing harm.”

There’s no telling when this unrest will cease in Eastern Nigeria, but while it persists, drivers and road users are seriously abstaining from this area.

https://www.carmart.ng/public/blog/have-some-part-of-eastern-nigeria-become-danger-zone-for-the-vehicle-owners/

Re: Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 9:06am On Apr 12, 2022
You Don't fight for freedom by killing your own people
All I can see here is group of hungry illiterates feeding on Buhari's bad administration
#TohellwithunknowngunmenandFulani herdsmen#
Re: Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? by drmuchin: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Watch and pray
Re: Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 12, 2022
Fake ass
Re: Have Some Part Of Eastern Nigeria Become Danger Zone For The Vehicle Owners? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2022
Carmartng:
The mention of the phrase “unknown gunmen” immediately ignites fear and terror in the minds of any Nigerian. While some regions of the country have been experiencing cases of unrest and insecurity, Eastern Nigeria is another place that is building dread in the minds of car users and travellers.

While unknown gunmen have become prevalent in Eastern Nigeria, some parts of the East feel the terror and pressure more than others. Aguata/Orumba Axis of Anambra State, the boundary between Anambra and Imo State, has become the dwelling spot for their operations.

In late February, a Nigerian man, Melie Ajuluchuku, took to social media to warn road users, drivers, and car owners about this new death spot within Orsumoghu-Azia-Ihiala road. He says, “Danger, Keep off Ukpor-Lilu-Orsumoghu-Azia-Mbosi Road, in Anambra State, it is a death trap.” He continues to recount how his brother-in-law, Chief Gab Ofoma (Ojemba Enweilo Nnewi), was gunned down in cold blood as his driver made a detour (due to traffic) from the Onitsha-Owerri highway en route to Port Harcourt.

This area is a danger zone where unknowing drivers and travellers fall prey to the gunmen.

Last Saturday, a Joint Task Force formed by the Nigerian Army and Navy led a raid into this danger zone, which resulted in the raid of the alleged hideout of the gunmen. During this operation, several items were recovered, including stolen vehicles, charms, and food items. The raid also resulted in the burning down of a stationed bulldozer serving as a block to the camp’s entrance.

As though that exacerbated the rage of these gunmen, On Sunday, a church driver conveying members to Anambra fell prey to these gunmen. The driver, who survived the attack and preferred to be addressed as Sunny, gave an account of his experience.

“The encounter was along the Aguata/Orumba Axis. We were headed to an Anglican church in Anambra state when the gunmen violently stopped our vehicle. “I was led out of my car and into a deep bush while the church members riding with me were led somewhere else by some of the gunmen.

“I was led at gunpoint to see the leader of the gunmen. On getting there, the place was filled with several charms, weapons, and Indian hemp. I was asked to provide ₦150,000, which I fearfully told them I only had ₦150 in my pocket. At that moment, I felt it’d become the end of me.

“After a long time of calmly explaining that we were en route to a church in Anambra, we were released but not without a warning to not return to this route. I couldn’t believe we left scot-free because not many people have passed through this ordeal without experiencing harm.”

There’s no telling when this unrest will cease in Eastern Nigeria, but while it persists, drivers and road users are seriously abstaining from this area.

https://www.carmart.ng/public/blog/have-some-part-of-eastern-nigeria-become-danger-zone-for-the-vehicle-owners/
easterners brought this upon themselves, when Ipoh inaugurated their security arm, I knew it was actually for kidnappings, robberies, assassinations, looting, e.t.c used by criminals as cover for the above listed. Our eastern brothers thought they were doing bihari. Na y we no even permit " Ipob " mention of d name in delta and south states, cos we knew it would degenerate to this level. Now they are helpless, some on this forum will even quote me, saying or calling me a unity beggar, while within them, they are suffering in silence, and secretly planning how to cross over to delta state, like most ibos, especially at anambra, to delta state, where u are free to do what you like, at anytime, even move about at midnight, as long as u no rob/kill person

(1) (Reply)

Let The Voting Begin / Terhemba Shija Should Face His Demons And Leave Pdp Alone / I Am Voting For Chibuike Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.