Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 AM

Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . (6873 Views)

Poll: What Do You Think?

Financial Matters: 23% (46 votes)
Lack Of Time: 11% (22 votes)
Abuse: 6% (13 votes)
Falling Out of Love: 22% (44 votes)
Infidelity: 36% (72 votes)
This poll has ended

Seven (7) Common Reasons Why Once Harmonious Relationships Break Down / Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? / Why Many Relationships Break Up Just Before Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2011
A relationship breakup, often referred to simply as a breakup, is the termination of a usually intimate relationship by any means other than death. The act is commonly termed "dumping someone" in slang when it is initiated by one partner. The term is less likely to be applied to a married couple, where a breakup is typically called a separation or divorce.

When you fall in love, you feel like a Million dollars. When you Marry your love, you are intoxicated with Joy. You never think a break up is possible. You are sure your love and Joy are going to last forever.

Where Does It All Go Wrong ?undecided

Causes includes, but are not Limited to, Infidelity, Lack of Commitment, Lack of Time, Abuse, Financial Issues, Parent In law palaver, Lack of trust, Lack Of Communication . . . .

Let's Discuss Maturely as This Issue Weighs On a Lot of People's Mind. . . OOOOOssssee!!! smiley

And Please Use The Poll Button If you are too tired to type. . . Thanks!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Flaix(f): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
Yeah trouble starts when both parties start getting too used to eachoda and boredom sets in. Finding ways to keep d fire burnin can't be overemphasised!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
Flaix:

Yeah trouble starts when both parties start getting too used to eachoda and boredom sets in. Finding ways to keep d fire burnin can't be overemphasised!

I like The "Keep the Fire Burning" Part!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by busygirl(f): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Flaix link=topic=707501.msg8662532#msg8662532 date=1309959550]
very well said! Almost 7 out of 10 relationships die as a result of boredom.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by madoba: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2011
Let's see immaturity and naivety at a tender age can also cause a relationship to disintergrate. I still mourn the loss of my very first relationship, If I could go back and do things differently I would.

I am grown and more mature than I was back then in my first year at the Uni,  the things I know now I didn't know back then, But I can't change the hands of time.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by sistajay(f): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2011
First of all we must remember lust fades, commitment and effective communication is vital in a relationship. Very often love dies due to neglect!! Couple got to work hard to keep the relationship goin!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
sista-jay:

First of all we must remember lust fades, commitment and effective communication is vital in a relationship. Very often love dies due to neglect!! Couple got to work hard to keep the relationship goin!

Couldn't Agree More!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by ismaeel86(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
When u rush in u rush out. some relationships fail due to this factor. most couples dont take time to understand and know each other better before heading to the altar.it is then they will now reveal the kind of person they are to themselves
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by truetalk01(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
Infidelity
Abuse
Lack of Time
Falling Out of Love
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by 190: 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2011
Trying to change someone was a reason behind my 1st failure in my last relationship
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Ruq: 1:08am On Jul 07, 2011
Cuz some people fink they in love not knowin its extreme lust.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 1:55am On Jul 07, 2011
I believe that every breakup is caused by 90% of miscommunication and 10% is due to other factors caused by third party or from selfish or greedy needs (family and friends disaproval, lethal sickness, transfered, death and so on)
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MrsChima(f): 1:56am On Jul 07, 2011
The man's condo difficulties. lipsrsealed
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 2:04am On Jul 07, 2011
Parents-in-law. I can't begin to tell you what mine did to my marriage. Their daughter kept lying and defending them until I dumped the whole fcking family. I waited until our only daughter was an adult. Ex told me today she had high blood pressure. Sorry, I said. But I was thinking, "tell that to your parents". It pains me so much, but, hey, I dont wanna die.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by campbell05: 2:20am On Jul 07, 2011
ALL OF THE ABOVE! ANYTHING CAN ALSO TRIGGER BREAK UP.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 07, 2011
Every One is Pouring Out their hearts, Different Strokes for Different people, Thanks for the Contributions So far. I just Wish more people would Comment on this Ish.

I Personally Think Infidelity Will Carry the Day cos what else will bring a Break Up a relationship that has All of the above? undecided
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 2:40am On Jul 07, 2011
No, parents-in-law will carry the day. By their ish, they will lead you to whatever else will kill your relationship.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by bohboh275(m): 2:51am On Jul 07, 2011
Lack of communication and commitment are two greater factor. If you always communicate and remain committed to each other every other thing will fall in place.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri:

No, parents-in-law will carry the day. By their ish, they will lead you to whatever else will kill your relationship.

I think i'll Modify that post a little to suit this point. Got Me
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 3:08am On Jul 07, 2011
Go ahead, modify it, my dear experience!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 3:13am On Jul 07, 2011
I forgotten to mention infidelity but come to think of it, Infidelity is also due to miscomunnication
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 3:14am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri, I believe some parents in law are 4ucking selfish. Like my parents. They dont want to hear what I have to say about my bf. To them, as long as he is black, that means he is a confirm bad evil person to their eyes. But what they dont know is they themselves are evil undecided
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri:

Go ahead, modify it, my dear experience!

Done!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 3:39am On Jul 07, 2011
Thanks, Ms. Potato. People here seem to be confusing knowledge with experience. Knowledge is acquired, experience is lived. Which means that knowledge could be at best misleading, and at worst false. Experience is real. I married a decent lady, but I was blinded by this decency and I did not realize that I was marrying into a whole family of snakes until,  well, thank God I did not allow myself to be bitten. I must say that my ex was actually the only one out of 4 daughters, whose husband stood with her until I left her when the family, having destroyed all the other daughters' happiness, closed in on me. Guess that says a lot. BTW, how are you guys doing in Malaysia?
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 4:07am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri:

Thanks, Ms. Potato. People here seem to be confusing knowledge with experience. Knowledge is acquired, experience is lived. Which means that knowledge could be at best misleading, and at worst false. Experience is real. I married a decent lady, but I was blinded by this decency and I did not realize that I was marrying into whole family of snakes until,  well, thank God I did not allow myself to be bitten. I must say that my ex was actually the only one out of 4 daughters, whose husband stood with her until I left her when the family, having destroyed all the other daughters' happiness, closed in on me. Guess that says a lot. BTW, how are you guys doing in Malaysia?

Im so sorry about what you have to go through with your wife and her family. I mean like common, When one marries, he/she must be submitted to each other. If Im going to support my parents and be against my husband, might as well I marry my parents. How selfsih can one be really? undecided

Malaysia is getting harder by the day my dear. People here dont aprove of our love because of the color of his skin. Every single day if they can give us hell, they would. We have just finish recovered from a backstabbing dirty police act attacking our home causing us to be homneless. I dont know, by the looks of things and my family, we are planning to run away to another country. Im sorry to say this but I chose him over my family and my country!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 4:23am On Jul 07, 2011
I live in the US. Let me know how I can help. I dont know how to give you my private contact on this site. Any idea?
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 4:24am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri:

I live in the US. Let me know how I can help. I dont know how to give you my private contact on this site. Any idea?

Huh? U serious? But are u originally Nigerian?

Do add me on your FB. My add is :-Xand send me a PM please. Thank you  kiss
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 4:25am On Jul 07, 2011
Yes, I am Nigerian. I am for love between peoples.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Pafuri(m): 4:29am On Jul 07, 2011
PM sent.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 4:32am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri, Im so sacred to even go to the US. The reason its because I come from a very tiny island where everyone knows everyone. But I have a feeling that if I go there, it might be a better opportunity for my husband to be cause we tried alot of things here but people bring us down all the time. You know, recently I begged one of the company here to give my bf an industrial training for him to graduate for his degree level but because of certain friends and family, they sabotage us and in the end he was unable to get one.

It brought me down to a level that I almost given up but than I ask myself, would you choose love or would u choose to pl;ease other people for the rest of your life and I chose love so Im not giving up. I wanna fight untill the day they decided to hang me to my death. I dont care!  angry cry

Ok, I think I better stop before I cry even more
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:31am On Jul 07, 2011
INFIDELITY IS THE CAUSE OF BREAK-UP FOR MOST NIGERIANS LIVING HOME AND ABROAD
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 07, 2011
[color=#000099]@Miss Potato, If you try that kind thing for Naija, Your parents fit no come ya Wedding oh! i have seen it happen!. . . Seriously Are most Parents Still living in the past? undecided. . .[/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Men Prefer Virgin? / Top Three People That Died For Love / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.