Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40452 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by vikiblinks: 9:36am On Apr 13, 2022
The answer to ur question

WHAT IS OUR AGE DIFFERENCE AS YOUR ELDER BROTHER

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Exkandayee(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2022
Giftlove11:
Jesus!!! I Just fainted
Me too I faint,the guy wan jagons finish me,the thing really cracked me
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Bambarino: 9:36am On Apr 13, 2022
Older how many years Am I than You?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by lextube: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

What is the correct english please!

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But I'm still doubting it anyways because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specify who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammar to that s
Sentence.

ANY?

How old do you think I'm older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by derecho(m): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2022
In every translation the idea/context is what is important.

If the emphasis is on telling the younger person that you're older than (s)he is,

Do you know how long I have lived before you were born?.
Do you know how old I was when you were born?

I guess this is what the pidgin expression seeks to convey instead of just saying "I'm not your age mate"

Again, "How many years I take senior you?"
Could also mean "we are age mate" or "you are not too young" depending on the discussion.

An older person might say that to remind someone claiming to be much younger that they are not as young as they claim.

Tinubu if taunted by an Osinbajo could easily say in pidgin: how many years I take senior you?
Suggesting that they are age mate
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Babasonny(m): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?

Hw older am I to u?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm older than you by how many years?

OR

By what number of years am I older than you?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Chatflick(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2022
Last last I respect English. This one weak me. But it should be "How many years am I older than you with"?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2022
Text: How many years I take senior U?
Translation: What's our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Fivepercent: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2022
How much more older than you am i?

You're welcome..
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
are you sure about this.. I no wan fall my hand.. Thanks.
Since one side is older, and it's like comparison. How much stronger is Bayern Munich than Villarreal?

How much older are you? (...am I than you?)

Are you older than me? No.

How much older sir? 7 years more.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Alusiizizi(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;

Sentence.

ANY?

How much older than you am I?
What's our age difference?
How much younger than me are you?

----Plus about a thousand different variations of the same question---

Was English not the language used in your university education?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by pussymonger1: 9:45am On Apr 13, 2022
Doctor ZEH on nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you pass school school nor pass through you
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Xandre: 9:46am On Apr 13, 2022
What's the difference between our ages.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by DAYOODS(m): 9:47am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

How many years did I use to senior you ?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Whatshallido: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years did i used to senior you. Hahahahahah
Wahala for English!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by olaleke2(m): 9:48am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

"Do you know how old I am?"
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Maryo12(f): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years do I look older than you
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Desammyst(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2022
The thing is, that question in the pidgin form is authentic, whilst in the English form is polite.
So the main issue here is how to pass across the authoritative tone in English. Except that, the correct English has been stated as, What's our age difference? or what's the age difference between us?
I'm sorry to say, you cannot pass the authoritative form of that pidgin to English. So accept the answer like that... grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Adesanmi01: 9:50am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years did you surpass me with??
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by gtrust: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2022
It’s a parable meaning: “Respect yourself”
Or “Respect yourself even if you no want respect me your senior”!!!

Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Card7: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2022
1F30M4:
What's the age difference between you & I?

This is correct.
You could also just ask by saying "what's our age difference?"

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by aribisala0(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2022
Emi ko gbo Geesi

Odun melo l'o gba l'owo mi
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Microsports: 9:54am On Apr 13, 2022
common do you know how older I am compared to yoy?...abi you want collect
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by emmyt2: 9:54am On Apr 13, 2022
With how many years did I senior you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Rey11(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2022
The main problem is how to translate "I take" to correct English . If u can do that voila!! Your problem is solved.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Tannhauser(m): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2022
Thestormisover:
I think it should be " to what number of years am i much aged than yours

Yeeeeeee!

grin grin grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Mhudi: 9:57am On Apr 13, 2022
I am older than you by how many years?Shikena!
Znation:
Make una help me abeg.. I don even browse am for google, but i no see better answer..

if i no anwser this question, im finished.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2022
What’s our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Andrenalin: 9:59am On Apr 13, 2022
By what number of years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Leridoo14(m): 9:59am On Apr 13, 2022
Sure this is the correct answer

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by keneryhark(m): 9:59am On Apr 13, 2022
I am older than you with how many years?
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US After School Satan Club Up For Vote At Elementary School (Pix) / Delta State University Post Ume Screening Date / Video Of Female Student Fighting Naked That Has Surfaced Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.